STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 37 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    I'm seriously considering breaking up multifeatures into their composite subfeatures (such as Fighting Style) using the embedded link method seen in the Fighter Arcane Archer's Arcane Arrow feature. The subfeatuers wouldn't automatically add to the character sheet or prompt a window asking for a choice like the specializations and skill choices do (though I think this could be possible with a handful of lines of code if Smiteworks wanted to implement it). But at least they would be individual entries in the feature list for quick reference and showing which choices were made. Currently I place empty braces ('[]') at the end of the feature's name for typing the choices, but I think subfeatures would be better.

What do you guys/gals think?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I'm seriously considering breaking up multifeatures into their composite subfeatures (such as Fighting Style) using the embedded link method seen in the Fighter Arcane Archer's Arcane Arrow feature. The subfeatuers wouldn't automatically add to the character sheet or prompt a window asking for a choice like the specializations and skill choices do (though I think this could be possible with a handful of lines of code if Smiteworks wanted to implement it). But at least they would be individual entries in the feature list for quick reference and showing which choices were made. Currently I place empty braces ('[]') at the end of the feature's name for typing the choices, but I think subfeatures would be better.

Sounds like a good addition. Thumbs up!
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Subfeatures would be great

I'm a little confused with what embedded links you're gonna use. I had tried the same with using them via the reference section of the module, but I was bamboozled since I could not drag drop it from there into the class features list of the charachter sheet.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Works for me. Add three levels of fighter from the UA module and choose Arcane Archer. Then open the Arcane Arrow ability and drag two of the Arcane Shot arrow types to your character sheet. It adds them to your feature list.

Ah in that way sounds good then! May I know where you are going to generate the arrow features, would it be in the feature list or is it in some other section.

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)

Yes please...

very nice work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kp9911 View Post
    Ah in that way sounds good then! May I know where you are going to generate the arrow features, would it be in the feature list or is it in some other section.
    It's late; I'm tired. Maybe I'm just not understanding you correctly. I've already made the arrow features. They are in the version that is on the DMsG now. They are features in the feature section, just like all the features. Not sure what you mean by 'generate' as they are pre-made and not created during use. Maybe I'll understand better after getting some sleep.

It's late; I'm tired. Maybe I'm just not understanding you correctly. I've already made the arrow features. They are in the version that is on the DMsG now. They are features in the feature section, just like all the features. Not sure what you mean by 'generate' as they are pre-made and not created during use. Maybe I'll understand better after getting some sleep.
    Haha no worries I'll have a look at the mod XML to get my answer.

I think the answer you are looking for is: they are in the list of feature but set to Level 0 so that they never automatically add to the character sheet. Then they can be manually added from their links in the Arcane Arrow ability that is set to Level 3 and added with the archetype.

Thread Information