5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Question about translating a WotC Module.

Hi guys, how are you?? I tried to search the forums and stuff and did find some info but not much about translating an adventure.

I just purchased Curse of Strahd and my intention is to translate it for personal use to run it with my group. Since Strahd is somewhat complex I heard, I wanted to have the module and all its story notes
    translated so I dont have to pull out my paper notes constantly. This way making the DMing more streamlined.

Is there a way to translate the module I just purchased?? If so, how do I do that?? My guess is I just load the module to allow FG to create that campaign, and then edit from the xml files in the campaign
    folder, right? The question is, what happens to my original Curse of Strahd module??

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

Cheers and have a good one!!

Hi Chudstar welcome to FG.

You won't be able to access the xml file of a purchased module such as Curse of Strahd, so you would need to create new story entries and translate each one word for word I fear. I don't think there is any easy or less time consuming way to do this.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I did the editing in the 'Story', by copy - paste (more STRG-c and STRG-V). So you can at least take Advantage of your favorite Translation Software.
    But it is still a lot of work.
    If you had the module as pdf in your language you could copy paste from there, stilla lot of work.

At last your original module stays original.
    greetings
    Chris
    DnD 5e - Dungeon Crawl Classic - Savage World - DSA

Thread Information