STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... Last

Unearthed Arcana Module

Update: Recent changes in the industry has made an FG module of previous UA articles no longer available.

Click here for information on Smitework's Unearthed Arcana module.
    Last edited by Nickademus; February 17th, 2018 at 21:04.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Nice
    I love this!

but where where you last week when I was Parsing my own Revised Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Based on the discussions in few threads, I've decided to provide this for the community. It will be a Work in Progress until I have all the article content within, then I'll update it each time a new article comes out. I hope you all enjoy it; let me know here if you find any bugs.

Unearthed Arcane for Fantasy Ground now available on the DMsG
    Awesome! Having asked specifically if I could post my own I was advised by OneBookShelf that it would be against SmiteWorks/WotC license. I guess there's no issue since if you can post it as SmiteWorks!

FYI - Pulled it down and, I can see the class in the Library view, but I'm not able to see it in the classes selection window and Unearthed Arcana is not listed in the Group list at the top.

Found it: doing a find-and-replace for `reference.classes` with `reference.classdata` lets the class appear Classes toolbar list and maintains all the existing links.
    Last edited by tsemana; December 9th, 2016 at 15:07. Reason: Added bug post and suggest fix

To be honest, I never intended for the assets to be found in the sidebar-button lists. Those are new and I didn't even think of them. I'll probably change the categories back to the defaults, since that seems to be what FG actually looks for.

Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    To be honest, I never intended for the assets to be found in the sidebar-button lists. Those are new and I didn't even think of them. I'll probably change the categories back to the defaults, since that seems to be what FG actually looks for.
    :thumbsup: It's a great job. I've learned alot unpacking it :P
    Do you create it straight to xml from your template? Looks like you're already setup the placeholders as comments so I'm thinking so. I'm new to this, but I'm playing with Scrivener as my content editor and figuring out either how to pipe the one doc into different output templates - ie. for PDF and for .mod or if need be pipe it to an external tool like PAR5E.

The template is xml. I just copy/paste the parts I need to make the framework then copy/paste the data overwriting the placeholders. I use (and highly recommend) Notepad++ for working with xml. It has features like hotkey section collapsing and Find in Files.

Yeah, I used VSCode for the xml and the PAR5E files myself. But I found that I ended up using the Pages DMsGuild template and copy-pasting the PAR5E content so that I can have a PDF version as well... I want to have a type-once-generate-for-everywhere kinda workflow.

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    this is incredible, nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by tsemana View Post
    Yeah, I used VSCode for the xml and the PAR5E files myself. But I found that I ended up using the Pages DMsGuild template and copy-pasting the PAR5E content so that I can have a PDF version as well... I want to have a type-once-generate-for-everywhere kinda workflow.

Hey Tsemana, could you elaborate on the Pages template (I assume you mean the Mac / iOS templates?) and how you combined this with PAR5Eing? It's late, so maybe I'm just fuzzy didn't get what you meant.

Thread Information