FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 15 First 123412 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I forgot - he has permission to create content as well for this ruleset so there is no need to use the C&C ruleset as the base

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I forgot - he has permission to create content as well for this ruleset so there is no need to use the C&C ruleset as the base
    Only as far as content is concerned, yes. C&C would probably be a closer match to S&W than the D&D 3.5e ruleset, so less work to get the base ruleset up and running. But, it would need the GM to purchase the C&C ruleset, and I wonder how Frog God Games would feel if they knew someone had to give money to Troll Lord Games to play their S&W system on Fantasy Grounds?!?

Commercially, I reckon that in this instance it would be better to go with 3.5E - a lot will have to be stripped out and changed, but it will mean the S&W ruleset is available without another purchase, which will probably make more people happy all round. Just more development work...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Only as far as content is concerned, yes. C&C would probably be a closer match to S&W than the D&D 3.5e ruleset, so less work to get the base ruleset up and running. But, it would need the GM to purchase the C&C ruleset, and I wonder how Frog God Games would feel if they knew someone had to give money to Troll Lord Games to play their S&W system on Fantasy Grounds?!?

Commercially, I reckon that in this instance it would be better to go with 3.5E - a lot will have to be stripped out and changed, but it will mean the S&W ruleset is available without another purchase, which will probably make more people happy all round. Just more development work...
    Agreed. Id start with 3.5e or Start fresh but copy copiously from 3.5e.

@MoonWizard - thanks, I appreciate that.

@damned/Trenloe - I'm probably going to start with 3.5e and build from there. I have both C&C and 3.5e and have been going through those to see how things behave. I'm okay with the added dev work if it will allow people to use the S&W set without having to buy another set.

@vodokar - the reference manuals are low hanging fruit and can be proofed via coreRPG. If I can get someone going on proofing while I'm working on other things then I can hopefully get multiple things done in parallel.

@leozelig - thanks, appreciate that. The reference manuals are tedious with all the copy/paste/clean up, but I've automated a bit of it so it hasn't been too bad so far. I think what would be great is after I get the Player's and Referee's mods put together, I could get a few of you that are familiar with S&W to read through them, make sure I didn't miss anything glaring, and that the format works well enough.
    Last edited by Zhern; December 7th, 2016 at 20:07.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    I cannot offer you any help but I do wish you the best of luck in this project. I look forward to learning S&W in the future so this will be awesome when I get around to it. Thank you and good luck in your next term too!

Happy gaming!

Kelly
    Thanks!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

FYI, I did start clean from 3.5e. I'm hoping I'll get the last bits of reference manuals knocked out this weekend and start on the ruleset Monday (that is the plan, at least).
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Zhern View Post
    FYI, I did start clean from 3.5e. I'm hoping I'll get the last bits of reference manuals knocked out this weekend and start on the ruleset Monday (that is the plan, at least).
    Hi!

My thanks for doing this!

Primarch

Quote Originally Posted by primarch View Post
    Hi!

My thanks for doing this!

Primarch
    Gladly!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Looking for modules to run on this ruleset when done? Look here:

https://www.froggodgames.com/swords-wizardry-pdf-bundle

A lot of content at the $1, $8 and $15 levels.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

I backed Operation Unfathomable. I'm not sure if I'm going to run it under DCC or S&W, but I'm definitely planning on running it. Plus, I can't wait to see all the goodies from the S&W kickstarter. I backed at the complete gamer level.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Thread Information