Starfinder Playlist

Fantasy Grounds Crashing (twice in one day, never happened before)

I'm prepping for my next game and seemingly randomly the game will crash. My computer freezes up, restarts, and I lose a little unsaved data. It's happened twice in the same day and I'm not sure why or how... no dialogue boxes popping up explaining error codes or anything. Running windows 10, 32gb ram, plenty of hard drive space, GeForce 1060 graphics card, newish computer. Anyone else having the problem?

Blog Entries
    What ruleset?
    How big is your campaign directory?
    How big in MB and Pixels are your biggest images?
    How many modules do you have open? What are they?
    How many tokens do you have in your tokens folder?
    Check if fantasygrounds.exe is whitelisted/allowed by your antivirus.
    How much RAM is Fantasy Grounds using?
    Fantasy Grounds does sometimes crash. Ive never seen it crash my computer though... its possible something else is going on?

When I see this, it's usually a driver issue (usually graphics driver, but occasionally USB or disk). Fantasy Grounds shouldn't be able to make the OS freeze/crash. Make sure to update your drivers, or check if any drivers recently updated.

Regards,
    JPG

I did have all rulesets open in FG for D&D. I had just bought them recently and was still exploring the content when the computer froze and restarted. I had Pandora playing on Google Chrome when this happened, but nothing else. I have closed the non-essential rulesets and adventure modules and it hasn't crashed again since I did that. I'm not sure if that's what fixed it or it was a random fluke (not a techy person by any means.... it took me forever to figure out how to adjust my router settings so my players could connect to my server).

Thanks for the help, I'll post again if I get any new info just in case someone else has similar issues.

Thread Information