5E Character Create Playlist

Exploding die for 5e?

Working on a little something for homebrew (5e base,) and wondering how I would (or of there is already) implement an exploding die for damage (like in the Savage World ruleset.)?

I want to make the damage from bullets be an exploding die. Specifically, a bullet would be d6 damage by itself, but if you roll a 6,you reroll and add the damage. If that is a six, well, you get it.
    Last edited by kalmarjan; December 3rd, 2016 at 17:05. Reason: It's so much better when you edit. That way words like "thmk uou" aren't put up in there
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

See the "Proof of concept" extensions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Extensions The roll and keep extension includes exploding dice (edie).

You'll need to modify the 5E scripts\manager_action_damage.lua file in 5E.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See the "Proof of concept" extensions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Extensions The roll and keep extension includes exploding dice (edie).

You'll need to modify the 5E scripts\manager_action_damage.lua file in 5E.
    Trenloe, what do I need to do to modify the file? Specifically, I want to have a special type of ammo deal damage with an exploding die... I was thinking that a bullet does d6 damage but explode just like in Savage Worlds. How do I implement that? Will I need to create a whole new ruleset?
    Ultimate Licence holder

But I'm learning!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan View Post
    Trenloe, what do I need to do to modify the file? Specifically, I want to have a special type of ammo deal damage with an exploding die... I was thinking that a bullet does d6 damage but explode just like in Savage Worlds. How do I implement that? Will I need to create a whole new ruleset?
    Specifically you will need to pull apart that file and see how and what it does, what files call it and when, what files it calls and when. You will need to look at an exploding dice extension and see how it works... it is not a small thing if you dont know how to code. If you do know how to code it might be a small thing but probably not.

For right now the extension does what I want it to do, but would there be a way to have that on the character sheet? As it stands now, a player can have it as a hot key, but I'd like to make it so we can have that clicked as a die.

If not, it's all good. All in the effort to play!
    Ultimate Licence holder

But I'm learning!

Thread Information