5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Theme Font Color Issues (Help Request)

I'm currently working on a custom theme for my Curse of the Crimson Throne campaign. I plan to publish it on the forums for everyone when I have have a better version to release.

My current issue though is that I've used a darker colour background for the party window and now the black text on it is too dark to really see, I want to change it to white and I found the correct part of the XML to change it, however it will also change other texts which I want in black. I've attached a screenshot highlighting the areas changed and the line in the XML.

Is there any way to break some of these elements up without too much work?

I believe those are handled using a template called "label_ps". You could override that template in your theme, so that the <label /> tag inside is changed to something like <label><color>FFFFFF</color></label>

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard.

Took some fiddling but I figured out what you meant (graphics changes I can do, XML I am a complete noob).

It's changed the labels on the Inventory and Order sections now however Main, Skills and XP are still in black. I will poke around and see if I can find out which these are.

I am creating an extension that changes the fonts for the Arial Family and increases them to be easier to read with the scaleui 80 command.
    I have already made almost all the desired changes, but I do not know how to refer the text
    Drop completed encounter links here.
    Right click and use menu to award XP.
    I know this text is a string, but if I change its color it changes the color of the text
    Add PCs on main tab to add to party.
    But I want it to remain white and just the other quoted above that change to black color, I believe I have to refer only to it in graphics_fonts, however I do not know what name to put to separate ...
    I do not know anything programming to facilitate, all I do is on the basis of trial and error.
    Attachment 22534

Blog Entries
    yako2020 you use teh Find in Files feature of Notepad++ or whatever editor you are using.
    You start with what you know - he text - search for that.
    Find its variable name. Search for that.
    Find where its used.
    It will have a template - or some other definition attached to it
    Search for that... etc
    You will find it after a couple of searches.

Damned I even thought the color change is changing two fields and not just one, I think I need to create another reference, but I have no idea how to do it, another question that has arisen is whether or not to anchor the You say something...

Blog Entries
    Something like this yako

<template name="list_psxp_encounters" merge="merge">
    <windowlist name="encounters">
    <empty font="list-empty" textres="ps_emptylistenc" />
    </windowlist>
    </template>

The code that damned provided is what you are looking for. The "list-empty" font asset is used across many lists in the ruleset to provide text when the list is empty. If you change the color of the list-empty font, it will change it for all instances. (encounter NPC list, parcel item list, combat tracker, party sheet inventory, party sheet order, library).

This is also overriden in some rulesets, such as the 5E ruleset ("list-empty-ct" for the combat tracker. "list-empty-ps" for the party sheet).

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks damned and Moon Wizard, finally the extension that change font size and color, has done.

Thread Information