DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)

5E Wizards Theme with Dragon Heads Removed (for limited display space situations)

So, I have a 15" laptop and I'm frustrated by how much room is used to display the 5E dragon heads on ALL of the windows. I came up with a very amateurish modification. For this to work properly, you need to also have the 5E Theme - Wizards enabled.

List of all the UI tweaks included:

1. It will remove the dragon heads from just about every window, except the Character Sheet... that is a bit out of my programming ability at this time.
    2. Desktop background is solid, not the splotchy Wizards version.
    3. The hotkey section is a darker gray, which makes reading the text a little easier.
    4. The Chatbox is slightly revised to remove the pointy bits at the top and bottom (makes it easier to fit the combat tracker above it without any overlapping)

* UPDATED with an actual extension - 2016/11/27 (thanks LordEntrails!).
    Last edited by ll00ll00ll00ll; November 28th, 2016 at 02:22.

Here is an image showing the correct setup in the Load Campaign window...

Very nice. I didn't use the Wizards theme for that exact reason. Screen real estate is more important than branding. Nicely done!

Taken.

Yeah, I wasn't able to get at the Character Sheet just yet... I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. Also, because I just basically re-skinned the existing 5e theme, you will find that it thinks the blank space above the windows (where the dragon head should be) is still part of the window. I decided I could live with this, rather than re-positioning literally everything...

Blog Entries
    The reason your .zip/.ext is probably not working is you either need to or can't (I don't remember which) include the extension folder itself. Try zipping it again, either with or without the folder and see if that works.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The reason your .zip/.ext is probably not working is you either need to or can't (I don't remember which) include the extension folder itself. Try zipping it again, either with or without the folder and see if that works.
    That was exactly it, I knew I was doing something wrong. I've updated my original post with the now functioning .ext file.

First, kudos to you for taking the effort to address this issue in a creative manner rather than merely register a complaint. I have a 14" laptop so the problem is even more noticeable for me. However, even when I play with multiple monitors (which is my normal rig when I am playing at home), I find the dragon heads to still be a nuisance due to the difficulty in realizing that the transparent area to the right is still a part of the window on top.

Second, in case you are not aware, there is a site you can go to post suggestions or upvote existing ones. Personally, if some kind of window/task manager feature were implemented, then I don't think the dragon head would be a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    First, kudos to you for taking the effort to address this issue in a creative manner rather than merely register a complaint. I have a 14" laptop so the problem is even more noticeable for me. However, even when I play with multiple monitors (which is my normal rig when I am playing at home), I find the dragon heads to still be a nuisance due to the difficulty in realizing that the transparent area to the right is still a part of the window on top.

Second, in case you are not aware, there is a site you can go to post suggestions or upvote existing ones. Personally, if some kind of window/task manager feature were implemented, then I don't think the dragon head would be a problem for me.
    I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know. I'm amazed that there aren't more UI complaints. I had been toying with the idea of putting together a greatly simplified theme (not as stripped down as Roll20, but leaning in that direction), just rebuilding the Core / leather theme to remove much of the frills. I've already started it, but i have to say it's daunting. That is a project that will take some time. In the meantime, I was able to at least get rid of those damned dragon heads... It honestly started to feel like Nascar, I mean, I get it, I'm playing D&D, stop hitting me on the head with the brand!

Blog Entries
    I just don't load the Wizards Theme. All I get are the little shields which I'm fine with.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I just don't load the Wizards Theme. All I get are the little shields which I'm fine with.
    Plus, much easier on the eyes without the blinding white.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information