DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[extension] Damage Per Round Calculation Extension

B9's Damage Per Round Extension on Forge
    bratch9 profile on Forge

This extension adds the ability to calculate the damage per round for the DM/GM.

A sidebar button opens a window with suitable options to calculate the damage per round of an attack. See,

Support for ruleset 5e is included on the character sheet with a 'DPR' button on the actions page on the bottom right.

And on NPC the 'DPR' button is on the title bar next to the NPC token. ( Note, blue box show a 'source' NPC that is read only, these do not get 'DPR' as data is stored to allow you to re-open the 'DPR' with previous values. )

Last edited by bratch9; February 25th, 2022 at 18:48.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Added support for,
    5E - Floating Character Sheet Tabs, By ScriedRaven
    Better Menus, By celestian

Version Releases
    v1.2 Adds support for DPS on readonly NPC, Adds and 'Attack count' for number of attacks per round, and adjust some of the other text for better descriptions.
    v1.1 Added support for 'Better Menus' and 'Floating Tabs'
    v1.0 initial release
    Last edited by bratch9; March 8th, 2022 at 19:05.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

reserve-2
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

reserve-3
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Generally, my group liked it. Everything seemed intuitive and we had no issues. They only comments were:
    1. What is S' advantage?
    2. Can we get units (%) listed on the numbers or for the fields?

#2 was mainly due to some values being 0.25 and others being 34 and having to figure out the that is 0.25% and not 25%

Otherwise, good work!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Generally, my group liked it. Everything seemed intuitive and we had no issues. They only comments were:
    1. What is S' advantage?
    2. Can we get units (%) listed on the numbers or for the fields?

#2 was mainly due to some values being 0.25 and others being 34 and having to figure out the that is 0.25% and not 25%

Otherwise, good work!
    1. s' advantage. ( Elven Accuracy. ) is 'super advantage, ie 3 dice.' , stated on the forge page.

2. Numbers dont show extra symbols... I can probably get swap those over to strings to print better for you.

The other thing I'm probably going to add is number of attacks... so it can set to 2 for extra attack etc.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

v1.2 adds support for DPS on readonly NPC, adds 'attack count' for number of attacks per round, and adjust some of the text strings for better descriptions.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

This is such a great tool for calculating damage during encounter design but I do have a question. I found the upper portion of the damage per round table (the hit chance) to be accurate but the max damage seems off. Maybe I'm missing something, but for instance in your aboleth example, the monster does 2d6+5 damage, wouldn't the max damage be 17 (12+5) and not 13.35? I know I can just imagine the max being 17 instead of the 13.35 but it makes me question the average damage as well. Please let me know what I'm missing thank you!
    Edit: Nevermind, I get it now, the calculator is averaging the damage per round, not per attack. my bad.
    Last edited by metaknight22; April 15th, 2022 at 22:12.

Quote Originally Posted by metaknight22 View Post
    This is such a great tool for calculating damage during encounter design but I do have a question. I found the upper portion of the damage per round table (the hit chance) to be accurate but the max damage seems off. Maybe I'm missing something, but for instance in your aboleth example, the monster does 2d6+5 damage, wouldn't the max damage be 17 (12+5) and not 13.35? I know I can just imagine the max being 17 instead of the 13.35 but it makes me question the average damage as well. Please let me know what I'm missing thank you!
    Edit: Nevermind, I get it now, the calculator is averaging the damage per round, not per attack. my bad.
    Yep its designed for many rolls and the expected sort of amounts you would generate. It takes into account the hit chance and the critical chance. Which is why at 'advantage' and 'super advantage' you can net a damage greater than the max.

The 'max damage' 13.35 for 'normal' is generated from (12+5)*.75=12.75 'hit chance', and from the (12+0)*.05=0.6 'critical chance', giving a total of 13.35 max damage over a number of rounds. ( Typical )

I would not expect real roll numbers to tend to these values until a number of rounds, 10->100. They form an idea of 'expected' amounts of damage as a guide to how many rounds it might take. [ The newest version of the extension also has a 'number of attacks' to scale these damage numbers by. ]

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I was doing some debugging and saw this, so I thought I would pass it along. Not sure if it means anything or can be fixed (or needs to be fixed for that matter).
    [7/18/2022 9:06:46 PM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (charsheet_actionsft) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [B9_DamagePerRound] [scripts/5e_B9DPR.xml]

Thread Information