DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to save monster placement, grid & map masks in .mod

Hi all. A couple months ago I arranged a small adventure I had purchased on DMs Guild so that I could run it for my Tuesday night FG group when the regular DM couldn't make it. I had tried setting the map mask and grid and placing the tokens for the encounters on the map prior to saving the .mod file, but when I opened the module to run it, none of it was saved and I had to set these things all over again on the fly. I recently purchased DDAL05-05, which came with the FG mod, and I saw that all of these things (except maybe for the map mask) had been pre-set and saved in the .mod.

Can someone please tell me what I did wrong?

The grid should save to the module. Tokens on the image and the mask won't. But, if you use the encounter token pre-placement functionality that will work in a module to allow you to store starting location of creatures at the beginning of an encounter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok I must have missed where this token pre-placement functionality is. How would I go about this? I'm also further disoriented by the huge change in the interface with the recent update.
    Last edited by Couvs; November 13th, 2016 at 01:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Couvs View Post
    Ok I must have missed where this token pre-placement functionality is.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/Encounters

Quote Originally Posted by Couvs View Post
    I'm also further disoriented by the huge change in the interface with the recent update.
    This videio might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhYLoo1uoc
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I went in and tried again and it seems to work now. Oddly I missed your last reply while I was doing that, for some reason I didn't get the alert this time. Thanks, Trenloe!

Thread Information