STAR TREK 2d20

Question about Lair Assault:Forge of the Dawn Titan - 5E module in store

So i picked up the two Lair assault modules in the FG store. And then i found the original PDF's for the other assault modules in the season. I was looking through the Forge of the Dawn Titan PDF to compare to the module to get an idea of how to convert the others for personal use. I noticed that some of the NPC's in the PDF while pretty close didn't really seem to quite match the FG version.

for example.

The Seared Devil in the FG module looks to be based off the Spined Devil. Which adds some things to the Seared Devil that really don't seem to fit such as resistance to all non-magical, non-silvered attacks, immunites to poison, and a plethora of attacks. While the PDF version only lists resistance to Fire, and has two attacks one a Slam attack with fire dmg and a choking ashes attack that does fire dmg and slows the attacker.

I figure that the conversions were using existing NPC's as the basis, but shouldn't they have been slight modified to retain some of the aspects of the original NPC they should represent? I.e. the fire dmg, and the same sort of resistances?

Just wanting to make sure i don't make my other conversions either to easy or to difficult...

Thanks,
    Tuen

Converting from 4e to 5e is problematic since there often isn't a direct replacement for NPCs. I'm not familiar enough with Forge since I didn't do it but I did the other two that FG have released. In those I did try to retain some of the traits and attacks of the 4e version but it isn't an exact science.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus, I actually have the other two modules as well, Attack of the Tyrantclaw was a fun one, so thanks for that (haven't tried the others yet). I probably wouldn't have noticed the issue with Dawn Titan but was just the first one i looked at to get an idea of the conversion of the NPC's for doing some of the other Lair Assaults and saw some things that had me scratching my head.

Thread Information