STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Hi Dragon_of_old,

It looks to me like you are not actually adding a new tab - you just want to modify the contents of the Abilities Tab and have two columns, one being the current Abilities and the second being a Notes column?

If that is the case....

Start again. Start a new extension.

In your new extension copy the /campaign/record_char_abilities.xml and change this:

Code:
    			<frame_char name="abilityframe">
    				<bounds>15,0,-29,-5</bounds>
    			</frame_char>
    to something like this:
    Code:
    			<frame_char name="abilityframe">
    				<bounds>15,0,235,-5</bounds>
    			</frame_char>
    Then grab the code from /campaign/record_char_notes.xml for Appearance and paste it in the record_char_abilities.xml file:

Code:
    			<frame_char name="appearanceframe">
    				<bounds>15,45,320,190</bounds>
    			</frame_char>
    			<label_frametop>
    				<anchored to="appearanceframe" />
    				<static textres="char_label_appearance" />
    			</label_frametop>
    			<stringu name="appearance">
    				<anchored to="appearanceframe">
    					<top offset="30" />
    					<left offset="15" />
    					<right offset="-20" />
    					<bottom offset="-15" />
    				</anchored>
    				<multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>
    			</stringu>
    			<scrollbar_list>
    				<anchored to="appearance" />
    				<target>appearance</target>
    			</scrollbar_list>
    and change it to something like this:

Code:
    			<frame_char name="benefitsframe">
    				<bounds>265,0,-29,-5</bounds>
    			</frame_char>
    			<label_frametop>
    				<anchored to="benefitsframe" />
    				<static textres="char_label_benefits" />
    			</label_frametop>
    			<stringu name="benefits">
    				<anchored to="benefitsframe">
    					<top offset="30" />
    					<left offset="15" />
    					<right offset="-20" />
    					<bottom offset="-15" />
    				</anchored>
    				<multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>
    			</stringu>
    			<scrollbar_list>
    				<anchored to="benefits" />
    				<target>benefits</target>
    			</scrollbar_list>
    and I reckon you will be nearly done...
    of course I may have completely misunderstood what you were trying to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_of_old View Post
    "Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Ruleset Error: windowlist: Could not find windowclass (char_skillsText) for control (skillsText) in windowclass (charsheet_skills)"
    Have a look at what damned mentioned.

Also, you're going to need to take some time to look at the errors that are raised and work out what they are referring to - they usually point to you what the issue is. For this one, work from the back to the front: go to the "charsheet_skills" <windowclass> entry <windowclass name="charsheet_skills"> and then go to the control "skillsText" <list_text name="skillsText"> and check for where a windowclass of "char_skillsText" is being used: <class>char_skillsText</class>. This is the entry that is causing the error.

Referring back to the error message: the error message is saying that the "windowlist" contol "skillsText" can't find a windowclass called "char_skillsText".

The windowlist control is detailed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowlist.xcp Look at the "Definition" section for details of the XML format of the control. We see that <class> (the entry causing the error) is: "The name of the windowclass that is used by default to generate the list entries". So, the control is expecting a valid <windowclass> definition it can use to build the lines in the list.

That's all the background info. Basically, the error has told us that when building the windowlist control, FG looked for a windowclass called "char_skillsText" and it couldn't find it. You will need to search for where this windowclass is defined - but I'm guessing you won't find it, as FG can't find it. Remember that FG code is case sensitive.

So - when you get an error, you need to spend time understanding the error - it's not mumbo-jumbo if you take the time to refer the error message to the XML/LUA code that is raising it. Then you will need to look at the XML/LUA and trace through the error to try to identify what is causing it.

Sorry, but there's no avoiding this - if you want to do Fantasy Grounds development you need to take the time to understand this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here is an image Photoshopped to show what I'm trying to do.
    Attachment 16449

Here is an image Photoshopped to show what I'm trying to do.
    Attachment 16449

how it doing this when I click in the frame
    Attachment 16450

and it giving this error
    Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:46: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

so this is the address for the file right?

folder /folder /folder /file
    ruleset folder/common/scripts/list_text.lua

I should be looking for "list_text.lua" file, but there is now scripts folder in common?
    Last edited by Dragon_of_old; November 18th, 2016 at 10:16.

I got working some what.

if I create a new character the skills list don't appear in the skills frame until I click in the space, then the skills list appears and give me "Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:46: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)" I have looked at the CoreRPG and there is no scripts folder in the "common folder".
    Attachment 16457 Attachment 16458

I have looked at the CoreRPG and there is no scripts folder in the "common folder".
    There is in mine. I'd check again - common\scripts\list_text.lua is obviously running as it is raising an error on a specific line within that file.

Have you extracted CoreRPG to a directory in \rulesets or are you just using the base CoreRPG.pak.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

so I got the list to shows when creating a new character a command called "filldown=" and it was set to true not false.

now all is left is the command that tells the right-click that there is no delete or creates an option in the right-click menu.

now all is left is the command that tells the right-click that there is no delete or creates an option in the right-click menu.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...gisterMenuItem and https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...nMenuSelection

Lots of examples in the rulesets. Do a search in CoreRPG for registerMenuItem (sets up the menu) and onMenuSelection processes the menu.

Thread Information