FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

DLR Blood Drive 1 - Overland Cattle Drive Map

I could not think of a reason not to share this. It is based off a public domain 1900 Rand McNally Railroad map of Texas. I think you'll be ok with the quality of the scan

The green line shows a likely starting point and route which uses watering holes and avoids crossing creeks and rivers as much as possible.

The logic sort of breaks down when the drive goes into the high, dry country rather than following the Pecos river. I can only imagine that something really bad must be happening around Carlsbad....

I will be working through all 3 Blood Drive modules and will post resources like this if there is an interest.

EDIT: I have put all of the files into a module and have set a scale grid for each one so they are ready for use. You can download the mod file right here.

Tim
    Last edited by Topdecker; November 26th, 2016 at 15:28.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    great map!
    Thanks! Here is another... A map of the little starting town, Sutter Flats...

A shoot-out should happen here, so it seemed like it would be handy. (This map was created by me using Fractal Mapper and using the Cityographer Western mapping art assets - and you, the reader, are free to use it in non-commercial pursuits.)

Tim
    Last edited by Topdecker; November 9th, 2016 at 21:45.

Blog Entries
    thats a lonely looking two horse flea bitten town if ever I did see one.
    perfect place for shooting someone so that at least *something* happens today!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    thats a lonely looking two horse flea bitten town if ever I did see one.
    perfect place for shooting someone so that at least *something* happens today!
    Even has some outhouses in case someone needs to hide

The following is for the potential encounter in the "Findin’ Lost Doggies" section of Blood Drive #1 (spider attack that can be ridden away from)

Bayou Vermilion attacks the cowboy camp on the night of the third day of the cattle drive. The map has a bluish tinge to help impart a night-time feel.

Last edited by Topdecker; November 10th, 2016 at 19:23.

These are super great. Thanks so much

Yeah +1 thanks from me too. We really can't include ad hoc maps in the published conversions of these modules, but there are often scenes in there crying out for a good battle map to run a scene from.

Really great when the community shares back things like this, adds to everyone's experience.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thanks, guys, I appreciate it. I will eventually get them all rolled together in a mod file for easier addition / removal from campaigns, but for now I will just spool them out as I make them.

Around the 24th day of the drive, the herd stampedes to the water of the Pecos river and combat with water snakes probably will follow....

There are also probably several other river crossing opportunities (I know the Canadian gets crossed later), so this map might be useful a couple of times.

Tim
    Last edited by Topdecker; November 11th, 2016 at 17:20.

I was looking for a good map on tribal lands for Native Americans and ran across a good, solidly educational and perhaps useful map in PDF format right here.

Tim

Thread Information