DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

DLR modules and noted problems

This is strictly from the perspective of my PCs and installations. Your milage may vary.

ALL SERIOUS ISSUES RESOLVED. Thanks! What remain are more about how to handle text and the ability to edit/lock it.

Deadlands Reloaded Modules status:

Blood Drive 1 through 3: Unlocked text apparently for all entries and no lock to seal it
    Grim Prairie Trails : Unlocked text through-out - but the lock icon is there so it can be locked
    South o the Border: Unlocked text for much of the adventure portion and no lock available
    The Great Northwest: Unlocked text scattered randomly through out - no lock

I presume that 3.2 is responsible for a lot of this, but not locking entries prior to publication/release is a simple undone task. I am not sure how text can be unlocked - and have no lock available to seal it.

Anything bolded is not usuable

Tim
    Last edited by Topdecker; November 23rd, 2016 at 15:27.

For the "opening it does nothing" entries: look in the individual section opened from the desktop icons down the right side and then select the relevant module from the "Group" drop down. For example: click on "Story" and then select "Devil's Night" from the group drop down - you will see all of the story entries for that module, a good place to start is "(Adventure Index)". The same is true for accessing data for the other modules, and the other sections: Personalities, Images, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You are absolutely correct, Trenloe. I checked all of the modules that did not appear to check in, and they were listed in the story and accessible through it.

EDIT: Which makes me happy

Tim

Anyway, "DLR The Flood" still have critical issue.
    In Setting Rules no links opens and I can not read some setting mechanics!

Thanks for the reports - DLR extension was indeed patched a few hours ago, but those modules shouldn't have been having problems.

I know about some of the lock issues (a concept that didn't exist when they were created) and have been meaning to tidy them up, but the big 3.2 updates have been more pressing in the short-term.

Surprised to hear the Flood is in such a bad state - will certainly take a look into that this week.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thanks for your hard work!

Oh! One more! In some adventures pics have transparency. Because of that its appear with bad looking black background and white pixels around characters. Blood Drive 1 have many for example. Please, delete transparency if you can.
    This is not critical, sure, but my players will have more good feels.

Although I am the author of the Savage Worlds ruleset and Deadlands extension, I don't get to convert all of the adventures, so there are some (such as Blood Drive) which were done by other third-party developers.

That said, Smiteworks have taken an awesome step of employing a full-time guy to quality control future products AS WELL as ensure existing products all meet a minimum standard. So I would email [email protected] with any modules you feel have had a sub-par job done on them, and they can review and queue up a future fix for them.

I know what sort of images you are talking about - sadly Pinnacle just give us the PDFs and it's up to us to extract images and work out how best to get them to display in Fantasy Grounds. My photoshop skills have gone from zero to... erm, I think I can kinda do this, over the course of doing this. I suspect others have had a similar experience. Nonetheless, Smiteworks are certainly striving to raise their bar with their existing catalog and product, so now is a great time to feedback what is up to scratch, I feel.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

There are at least 4 images like this in Blood Drive 1:

It is a series of ill-advised magic tool crop jobs. The art looks good except for the edited ones. Please correct me if this isn't what you are talking about, Atrill

Tim
    Last edited by Topdecker; November 10th, 2016 at 19:18.

Thread Information