STAR TREK 2d20

Volo's Guide to Monsters vs. Tome of Beasts

Hey guys, I'm tossing up between buying one of the two and was wondering if anyone that owned both could make a recommendation. Or would you recommend maybe waiting for a sale to get both?

The question is what are you looking for from a manual of mobsters?

The TOB is a straightforward listing of about 200+ new monsters. Some of them do strange things like do damage to an ability score and some of them are not hugely different from existing ones. But there's 2200+ of them.

Volo has about 100 new monsters + a huge range of variations. It has a detailed analysis of several of these with comprehensive ecology notes and make up of their lairs. It also has over a dozen new playable character races.

So they are alike but very different products; it's hard to recommend one over the other.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I own both and happy I bought them Sorry that doesn't help but I can't choose between the two as they both add a ton of content.

Thread Information