DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 79 of 329 First ... 2969777879808189129179 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The Name String is used in the Output Message but has no mechanical value.
    The Roll is what is parsed for values - yes I used /mod 1 thru /mod 10
    You can use the Dice Pool to build up a pool of dice but each person maintains their own dice pool so maybe the GM could build the pool?
    That is what I was thinking, too but some players like to click the button themselves.

How can you do difference automatically? I cant see a way to do that...
    Brain ahead of fingers.. I meant manually.

Look at the code in /orderresult which should give you some clues on comparing dice results.
    I took a look and it is helpful as I mentioned in the other thread. I have an idea how to do it but not sure what to call when you want to roll again. In onLanded I would call the code to check for doubles, say checkDoubles. I could loop through the aDice.result values and see if any match another and set a flag, bDoublesFound, if they do. Once out of the loop, check the flag, create a new rRoll (probably need to save which die and size matched) and then call performAction??

Hopefully I'll make some more progress on the character sheet design today. May change some things around and then look at changing the actual sheet so that when they click to add a character, it will show the T&T stuff.

Blog Entries
    Here is the results of the new roll.
    /mod 14 etc
    /trolls 1 /trolls 2 /trolls 3 etc

You can see varying levels of difficulty and rolls 3 and 4 exploded and roll 5 was a critical failure.

Ive also changed /bane to roll red dice and /boon to roll green dice

Ive added a full set of red, green, yellow and blue dice

Ive added the /ave rolls which I need Meguido to comment on

Almost ready to load up a new version... although someone on Discord is asking about Open Legend.

trollrolls1.jpg

damned, it looks great! What is MANUAL ROLL? It is repeated, so I assume that means it exploded? Rolls 1, 2 and 5 did not explode. Roll 3 exploded once and roll 4 exploded 3 times?

Blog Entries
    Manual Roll is added when you set Manual Rolling on in Options.
    That way I could show you the main permutations on one screen without having to do a gazillion rolls....

Gotcha.

Now, I am trying to change the word Abilities to Physical. I do not see it defined as a string, like RACE which I was able to change to Kindred. Is there another method to change that text?

Blog Entries
    Its an Editable field so it is set differently.

Have a look at the City Of Mist extension. It goes something like this:

<string_useredit_bold name="cas2_label" source="cas2_label">
    <anchored to="cas2" />
    <default>Physical</default>
    <tooltip textres="label_editable_stats" />
    </string_useredit_bold>

Now note that this is a field called default. That means it will only apply your change to a new sheet that doesnt have a value assigned just yet. Once you open the Character the defaut value will be assigned. So once you make your change you will only see it in New Characters...

/explode does support the modifier box as well.
    Coming soon - once I work out the Trolls exploding dice on doubles thing...
    Will this support Torg skill rolls (i.e: exploding on 10's and 20's) and bonus dice (exploding on 6 and counting it as a 5)?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rstrahan View Post
    Will this support Torg skill rolls (i.e: exploding on 10's and 20's) and bonus dice (exploding on 6 and counting it as a 5)?
    Welcome rstrahan

I know that is enough detail for you to know what is happening but is about a quarter of the info that I need to know to make it happen...

Welcome rstrahan

I know that is enough detail for you to know what is happening but is about a quarter of the info that I need to know to make it happen...
    Sorry about that...I did sort of start that conversation in the middle, didn't I?

In Torg (and Torg Eternity), skill rolls use 1d20 and either explode on 20's and 10's, or only explode on 10's (depending on the type of roll). If you are familiar with the dice roller in Roll20, the string I use there is d20!10!!20 (explode on 10 or 20) or d20!10 (only explode on 10).

The Torg Eternity 'bonus die' is a d6 that explodes, but rather than a 6 counting as '6 plus re-roll', it is counted as '5 plus re-roll'. For example, A exploding bonus die that rolls 6, 6, and 4 would be totaled to 14. If it helps, the bonus die can be done in roll20 as 'penetrating' dice (exploding dice where 1 is subtracted from all the re-rolls).

Thread Information