DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 66 of 329 First ... 1656646566676876116166 ... Last

Hello, I'm French user
    I'm looking for Prophecy french RPG :

1/ Dice Strings ?: Attribute (1 - 10) + Skill (1 - 10) + 1d10 >= Difficulty (5 - 40)
    2/ Dice strings ? : Result success Level 5 in 5
    3/ Dice Strings ? : roll of die "10" explose but 1 raise of die (critical* and possible failure**)
    4 / *Critical sucess ? : if dice < skill , bonus +5 to result
    5/ **Critical failure ? : Roll of die "1" and one raise of die : if dice > skill

is it possible to program on morecore ?

(I not speak very well in english huhuhu)
    Thank

Blog Entries
    Hey meguido

MoreCore doesnt really support non fixed opposed targets.
    Is all of this information pertaining to the one roll?

For #1. Strength 6 (/mod 6), Long Sword 5 (/mod 5), Prophecy (/prophecy) would roll 1d10 and add 6 and add 5. It could report something like Meguido uses Prophecy (Strength +6, Longsword +7) [3] 16. This wont declare a success or failure because your difficulty is not fixed. If the player knows the difficulty then we could do it slightly differently:
    Strength 6 (/mod 6), Long Sword 5 (/mod 5), Difficulty 10 (/mod -10) Prophecy (/prophecy) and it would report something like Meguido uses Prophecy (Strength +6, Longsword +7, Difficulty -15) [3] 1. Success! eg its basically working off calculating against 0 (all your bonuses and roll vs the difficulty).

I dont understand point 2. Are you saying that beating the difficulty by 0-5 is 1 success, 6-10 is 2 successes, 11-15 is 3 successes? If so this can only be done if the player knows the difficulty.

Can you clarify #3? Are you saying a 10 explodes but only one time? so maximum result from the roll is 20? Or something else? where does the failure come in?

#4? If my Longsword Skill was 7 and I rolled a 10 (explodes and second roll of 3 gives 13) I would have a Critical Success because 13 is more than Longsword Skill +7 +5?

#5? If my Longsword Skill was 7 and I rolled a 1 (explodes and second roll of 4 gives 5) I would have a Critical Failure because 5 is less than Longsword Skill +7?

Ouch... getting complex...

So... the first question is does the player know the difficulty?

Hi guys!

Does anybody know how to avoid a list to get sorted alphabetically everytime you create a new line? Is there any way to switch that feature off? I don't want a sorted list. I want the elements ordered the way I write them in. I have been checking all the .lua scripts and functions but I cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Here you have and example of what the MoreCore does by default.
    powers.jpg
    Last edited by Pepor; February 4th, 2018 at 09:37.

Blog Entries
    This is a feature of Fantasy Grounds.
    I know what you are seeing in your situation is annoying but work thru the alternatives.

No Sorting
    Great when you get everything typed in correctly the first time... but what happens when you make a mistake or get a new item that needs to be "inserted" and not at the end? Cant be done.
    What happens when your list gets long? Cant find stuff, it would be great if they were sorted somehow...

If you need them in a specific order you have to prefix them like:
    1. xyz
    2. abc
    3. lmn
    4. def

Hi dammed!

Thank you for your quick response. I didn't know that it is a feature of Fantasy Grounds. I have wasted 2 hours of my life today, haha!

That is precisely what I have been doing, working thru "annoying visual alternatives" such as:
    1. xyz
    2. abc
    3. lmn
    4. def

or

a. xyz
    b. abc
    c. lmn
    d. def

Thanks again man!

hello
    2/ result success (5 in 5) is quality of success
    3/ maximum roll 1d10 : 20
    4/ no, for exemple : Attribute+skill (Physique 7 + Longsword 7) + (rolled a 10 (explodes ans second roll of 3) = Critical success (second roll 3 < 7) : Final succes : 7+7+(10+3)13+5 (critical succes) = 32 >= difficulty and actually the action can fail even with a critical succes (an experienced hero is more likely to make a critical success)
    5/ no, for exemple : Attribute+skill (Physique 7 + Longsword 7) + (rolled a 1 (explodes ans second roll of 8) = Critical failure (second roll 8 > 7) : Final failure : 7+7+9 but second roll of 8>7 so critical failure. (next action +5 in difficulty or +)

the player in combat or other skill know the difficulty except additionnal Diff by GM...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey meguido

MoreCore doesnt really support non fixed opposed targets.
    No, but the UDR (Universal Die Roller) in the new DORCore does - if you were to make MoreCore a child of DORCore then a lot of the various Die Rolling code in MoreCore could be streamlined (or even eliminated as redundant). Just a thought (when its finished, of course)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Hi Mr Black,

I have given it some small thought.
    One of the *features* of the MoreCore rolls is that the different /slash handlers create different icons for rolls which makes character sheets created on the fly still easy to see what is what.
    The Universal Die Roller you have created wouldnt allow me to do that - I could add an icon cycler to do it with though.

Its not something I have the mental capacity or time to give it a hard look yet though.
    When i do I will be in touch.

Mr White

2/ quality of success and success of level
    the higher the result, the better the result of the action of player character
    SC (Success of level)
    every 5 points beyond the difficulty is a level of success (SC)
    these SC allow to specify the quality of its action
    in most cases, it is the number of sc that counts to evaluate the quality of a jet, but the full margin can also be used to measure two opposing jets.

Thread Information