DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 53 of 329 First ... 343515253545563103153 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hola kuthulu

I play a bit of Dungeon World on MoreCore.
    As vodokar and others have mentioned - Attacks was one of the earliest features of MoreCore.
    Once we worked out how to do Rolls (many, many thanks to ianmward for his invaluable help on that) we were able to add many more types of rolls.
    Getting them onto the Combat Tracker (for NPCs) in my opinion means that Attacks are quite probably redundant in many systems... They can still be useful as the dice output is of type Damage which means that damage can be dragged onto the CT which is very useful.

So I mostly use /pbta and /mod rolls in Dungeon World.
    Effects have not been implemented in MoreCore and likely never will. Way too much programming and too many exceptions etc.
    Players have to remember some things themselves...

Did you have any other questions about Dungeon World on MoreCore?

Blog Entries
    Hey Jay_NOLA Im terrible at exploding dice. There is another type of Feng Shui dice used in Jay_NOLA that is part of MoreCore already.

As baufrin suggests coin tosses can be approximated with /die 6d2-6 or whatever number you need...

Blog Entries
    Wookiee420 I dont know if you saw the Mutant Year Zero extension and theme but that includes pretty good support already for that system.
    You can also add the MY0 extension to MoreCore for further options.

Blog Entries
    Hi Arion the current Rolls feature doesnt have any way to support a reducing pool.
    You might see that the Hero Points and Spells have a way to decrement.
    Its possible to build an extension that uses this Use and Decrement process but it wouldnt be Rolls.
    It would not be that hard I dont think...
    Its pretty much what I was thinking about doing for a GumShoe extension to MoreCore but that wont be for a while as i have so many overdue things... a couple of themes I owe some others and some more Cthulhu that has been begun and some other bits and pieces that will remain nameless for now...

You could even look at the Hero Points for 5e extension that can be used for Bardic Inspiration - the player can change the dice that is rolled... you could alter that part to always roll the 2d6 and to compare to Luck and then to decrement... I think it would be fairly easy... Most of it is done for you in the Hero Points for 5e extension - grab that extra code and use it in place of the existing Hero Points code and modify the roll behavior to suit...

Blog Entries
    Hi victorsena13

As annoying as the sort problem you are facing is, far and away it is easier to find things in a list when they are sorted and alphabetically and numerically are the two sort orders our brains understand easiest.
    It could be changed but I shant because in most cases the behaviour is desirable... sorry.

It could be setup that Defence and Health can be changed from the Combat tracker. If you download the current 1.40 build the good trenloe has updated the code to allow the Order to be adjusted on the CT.
    I will have a think about whether i would like this behaviour to happen for health and defence too... generally, in most systems, these will not change during combat. Health changes by adding Wounds. Defence tends to be static.

Blog Entries
    hi mozmonar and timdog88

Create rolls on the PC sheet or on the Rolls Library and drag to the PC sheets.
    Bane would look like: /bane 2d6
    Boon would look like: /boon 2d10
    (or whatever - I canna remember SotDL mechanics right now)
    and the output will store itself in the first modifier slot.
    Multiple modifiers can be stacked.

I read somewhere that someones /mod Rolls modifiers were getting stuck. There is a bug somewhere that causes this but I havent found it. generally restarting that client will clear it.

Blog Entries
    Hi Justov

As others have pointed out there is no way for MoreCore - being generic - to know how to calculate a hit or miss.
    Some rolls like the /thaco 1d20+2x15 will report what maximum AC it would have hit (old school D&D and Descending AC) or /pbta 2d6 will report Success, Failure, Success with Cost because the target numbers are fixed... comparing to a column on the CT... there are too many differing ways the many different systems use.

Blog Entries
    hi Art Wendorf in the next version of MoreCore (sometime in November) I have included a Stunt Die for Dragon/Fantasy Age.
    Its usage is /stunt +# and it will roll 2 black and one red and will calculate Stunt dice points if any.

Blog Entries
    Thanks again to Trenloe for addressing the points raised by badula and Wargamer777.

joeblack1863 I think the method you are using looks functional - do you see the need for additional support?

Blog Entries
    Hi there The Scriven One

Could you perhaps work out what the dice string syntax would look and the resultant roll for all the main types of rolls/results?
    Im not really following your explanation.
    It does look like it should be ok to add in there - so long as there are no exploding dice - I cant do those...

Thread Information