DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    I'm wondering if there's still a way to set a default background decal from within a MoreCore extension? I have an extension for which I have a series of background decal PNGs, so when my extension loads I'd like to have one of them load by default other than the default swk_logo.png.

I remember that before FGU introduced custom background decal selecting from the options menu, that you had to do it from an extension. I even once created an FGC extension that presented a series of decal choices, but for the love of it I can't remember how I did it.
    Something like this:

function onInit()
    DecalManager.setDefault("images/decals/decal-two.png@MYDECALS");
    end

MYDECALS is the name of a module containing the decals.
    decals should be in subfolder /images/decals

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    To keep skills in sync they need to be dragged to a/b/c
    /exalted [(a)+(b)]d10
    Amazing! Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dice mechanics, not so much. Both are d10 systems that call to successes, botches and throw large dice pools. Exalted has a far more elaborate combat system than anything in the WoD. But as far as the rest of the mechanics work they are almost completely different. For example, this is from the composite manual I wrote that lets me use the World of Darkness with Exalted:

Code:
    Harmonization of Exalted and WoD features:
    • Anything that uses Attribute:Resolve in WoD will rely on Attribute:Wits.
    • Anything that uses Attribute:Presence in WoD will rely on Attribute:Charisma
    • Anything that uses Attribute:Composure in WoD will rely on Attribute:Perception
    They have different abilities, different skills, different attributes. Combat is handled very differently between withering and decisive attack styles.... Chronicles of Darkness and the World of Darkness to Exalted 3e is like comparing D&D 3e to D&D 5e. The dice are the same, the general idea is the same, there's some similarities in function, but they're entirely different systems.

Hmmm I just discovered there's an limitation issue with the /exalted and /exalteddmg rolls. Exalted uses initiative to control the battle. as you deal damage you drain initiative from the target and vise versa. This is best described if I just outline the steps for combat in exalted.

Withering Attack
    1. Attack - Does not use double 10s
    Your Dexterity...

+ Combat Ability + Weapon Accuracy +/- Bonuses/Penalties

so for example:
    • Parameter 1: Weapon Accuracy
    • Reference B: Dex
    • Reference C: Melee

would need to be
    Code:
    /exalted [(p1)+(a)+(b)]d10
    and not count 10s as double successes.

Compare successes against target's defence. All successes that go over the defence target are threshold successes.
    IE. 5 successes to 3 defence = 2 threshold successes.

2. Determine Base Damage by using
    Strength or Dexterity...

+ Weapon Damage.
    + Threshold (Net) Successes from step 1.
    - Target's Soak rating.

So in this one's case it would need to be:
    Parameter 1: Strength or Dexterity
    Parameter 2: Threshold Successes.
    Reference C: Either Dex or Melee (maybe you'd need to set up 2 different rolls, one for each if you cant have it selectable via a drop down menu?)
    But the problem we have here is that the target's soak needs to reduce the pool of dice thrown accordingly.
    Code:
    /exalteddmgg [(p1)+(p2)+(c)-(SOAK?!)]d10
    Count results.

3.Roll Raw Damage Pool
    Double 10s Apply.
    Overwhelming minimum.

4. Sum Result:
    1+ number of successes to attacker’s init. Subtract number of successes from target’s init.

The caveat to this is that for both Step 1 and Step 2, you have times where you can add automatic successes, so a roll may be
    Code:
    /exalted [(p1)+(a)+(b)]d10+(X)
    Where X is the number of auto successes that are added to the roll result.

THEN When you have "X" initiative, you go for the kill.

Decisive Attack
    1. Attack (Do not use double 10s)
    Your Dexterity...
    + Combat Ability +/- Bonuses/Penalties

Compare result against Target’s Defense.
    If the attack fails and your initiative score is...
    from 1-10: you suffer -2 to your initiative.
    is 11+: you suffer -3 to your initiative.

2. Roll Health Track Damage
    Does not use double 10s.
    Dice pool thrown is = number of initiative you choose to spend.
    Result must meet or beat target hardness, if it does, all damage goes through. If it does not, the attack fails.
    So this would be:
    Parameter 1: The amount of initiative you're spending on your attack.
    Code:
    /exalteddmg (p1)d10+(x)
    3. Deal damage to health track as per weapon type.
    So if you have 10 health boxes like in Chronicles of Darkness and your weapon deals lethal damage and you rolled 5 successes against target hardness of 3, you deal 5 lethal damage to their health track.

4. Reset your initiative.

Is this even possible to perform? I've been getting "attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value" errors when I try it. On a related note, is there a way to import the health track from Chronicles of Darkness?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Pentazer; October 29th, 2022 at 16:33.

hello, first of all thanks for making my job easier with more core.
    but the tinyd6 system that I use because it is very dynamic is not fully worked, there are two types of dice rolls, one normal and one with focus. and the damage is not automated. I know this system is not very used, but if you could add three things you would make me a very happy gm.
    the first thing is that the rolls are simpler, for example. normal roll /2d6s5, advantage roll /1d6s5, and advantage roll with /3d6s5.
    the other series of rolls is the same but with difficulty 4 for example a normal roll with focus /2d6s4.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Endemia5

If I am reading this correctly for a normal roll it is 2d6 and you count 5s and 6s as successes.
    Sometimes you will roll 3 dice or only 1 dice.

Additionally you have the same mechanic but for skills in which you have a focus.
    Everything is the same but you count 4s 5s and 6s as successes.

I would probably do it as per the image below.

tinyd6.png

Blog Entries
    Sorry Pentazer I missed your replies.

The math [x + y] supports exactly 2 parameters only.

[x + y] or [x - y] or [x * y] or [x / y]

Thanks, it was easier than I thought. I thought rolls were missing and there they were all the time

Hi Damned,
    Could It be that after the latest update (11/04/2022) of FGU the % dice option (on D10) has disappeared in MoreCore?
    It could be linked with the new colored dice sets in FGU.
    Regards.
    Last edited by Engelmann; November 5th, 2022 at 01:57.

Thread Information