DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 329 First 123451353103 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by chadhill View Post
    How do "dice strings" work?
    See the "Dice Strings" section of the MoreCore documentation: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Basically, they are a little bit of code, that will allow some kind of dice roll. For example, a standard roll of 2d8 + 2 would be:
    Code:
    /dice 2d8+2
    There is a list in the chat window when you open a MoreCore campaign, and on the website listed in the first post. There are a few things that they can do.

This allows you to program the "Rolls". I haven't experimented to see if you can combine them, yet.

Blog Entries
    Please explain what you are doing. Did you have a look at the brief guide? Its linked in the chatwindow or you can type /morecorehelp to bring up the link:
    https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffepp View Post
    Basically, they are a little bit of code, that will allow some kind of dice roll. For example, a standard roll of 2d8 + 2 would be:
    Code:
    /dice 2d8+2
    There is a list in the chat window when you open a MoreCore campaign, and on the website listed in the first post. There are a few things that they can do.

This allows you to program the "Rolls". I haven't experimented to see if you can combine them, yet.
    Sorry jeffepp you cant combine them but you could program one that combines the rolls you need.

Hi chadhill

Rolls Library

Rolls are one of the key enhancements in the current MoreCore release. The GM can create a library of Rolls that can be drag and dropped to PC and NPC sheets.

Rolls have three fields - Name, String and Description. The Name will appear in the Chat Window when the Roll is used. The String is the Dice String that will be used. This may be left blank or you may use the strings below. The Descriptions is purely for reference purposes.

Drop Lowest: /rolld #d#x# (roll #dice drop # lowest)
    Count Successes: /successes #d#x# (roll #dice# and count those equal or higher than #)
    Exploding Dice: /edie #d# (roll #dice and explode)
    RollAnd Keep: /rnk #k# (roll #d10 explode and keep highest #)
    Roll and Order: /orderresult #d# (roll #d# and order results)
    Standard Roll: /die #d#+# (roll #dice and add #)
    Powered by the Apocalypse: /pbta #d#+# (roll #dice and add #)
    Success/Fail Dice: /sfdice #d#s#f# (roll #dice, count #s[Success] and #f[Fail])
    World of Darkness: /woddice #s# (roll #d10, count dice above #, subtract 1s, use Modifier box for additional Difficulty modification)

I just realised that the Rolls button on the sidebar isnt loading on startup of a new campaign. Ill fix that for the next update. Click on Library and tick MoreCore Rolls to activate the Rolls dialog. You dont need this but it does allow you to export rolls to a mod when you have them in here.

You can create all sorts of roll strings in the Character Sheet using Rolls and the 4 spaces defined for them.

I know I must be doing something wrong, I copied the dice string verbatim and replaced the "#" with numbers, and I am still getting an error message or no result at all. I am trying to enter a simple 3d6 attribute roll but having a little bit of a kiniption in figuring it out. This is the right string correct " /die #d#+# "? I have the "Rolls" window and have tried creating a roll there, drag and drop that button into the Character sheet; I have tried creating a roll directly from the Character Sheet, it all come up with the same error: "Script Error: [string "button_roll"]:1: attempt to concatenate local 'sParams'(a nil value)"
    Last edited by chadhill; November 12th, 2016 at 16:17.

I know I must be doing something wrong, I copied the dice string verbatim and replaced the "#" with numbers, and I am still getting an error message or no result at all. I am trying to enter a simple 3d6 attribute roll but having a little bit of a kiniption in figuring it out. This is the right string correct " /die #d#+# "?
    Can you provide screen shots? Give actual examples of the strings you're using - and provide details of the error messages.

Also, try running the command in the chat window first: e.g. /die 3d6 to make sure you have the base format right.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Can you provide screen shots? Give actual examples of the strings you're using - and provide details of the error messages.

Also, try running the command in the chat window first: e.g. /die 3d6 to make sure you have the base format right.
    Thanks, I knew it was something simple, I was missing a space, trial and error in the chat window found it. I have no idea what all these characters mean, I just type what I see someone else has done and try that, so my trial and error process takes a while, I have to try every possible combination for each character, like the [B], what does that mean? does it do something?

That's the problem I was having, earlier. Somehow, the parser needs something to end the first run of the first string. After that, everything works. In my case, I hit enter, creating a new line in the Dice String box. It's very probable that most people did this automatically, so never saw the problem. I haven't had as much free time in the last week or two, at least in large enough blocks, to do much with this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffepp View Post
    That's the problem I was having, earlier. Somehow, the parser needs something to end the first run of the first string. After that, everything works. In my case, I hit enter, creating a new line in the Dice String box. It's very probable that most people did this automatically, so never saw the problem. I haven't had as much free time in the last week or two, at least in large enough blocks, to do much with this.
    Hi jeffepp are you saying that until you have *terminated* one string none of them work?
    Ill see if I can recreate...

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I knew it was something simple, I was missing a space, trial and error in the chat window found it. I have no idea what all these characters mean, I just type what I see someone else has done and try that, so my trial and error process takes a while, I have to try every possible combination for each character, like the [B], what does that mean? does it do something?
    Hey chadhill whilst you absolutely can use the rolls from the command line (all of them in the command line will also accept a description) they main benefit for my way of thinking is that you can create these rolls/strings in a Library (see Rolls campaign tool) and drag and drop them onto character sheets. So if they have common rolls you can do them with a single click from the character sheet instead of typing them out each time.

Thread Information