STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries
    Any rolls that require an additional argument to be passed to them will not work with the pooltype command.
    orderresults will work but something that has a success level that is passed in the string will not.

Thanks, Damned. I'll just stick with orderresult, then! No worries.

Speaking of modifiers, this is on FGU I might add, I just set up a "/mod (p1)+(a)" modifier but get the "Usage: /mod [number] [description]" as output. If I do "/mod (p1) + (a)" it works at adding the p1 to the modifier and then give the "+ " and the value of (a) in the description text when running the roll. Is /mod supposed to just be a simple handler of singular numbers or a single variable? Just want to determine if it's just supposed to be that way or if I'm messing something up (or should be doing that a different way.)
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    What looks like a simple operation still needs to be coded for.

MoreCore has been an evolving thing for a long time. /mod was written before Roll Parameters became a thing. There was no need for Math at that time. Adding math support into each script (there are closer to 200 of them) is a significant task and many times unnecessary as math wont be used by all scripts.

More recently some support for a single math operation has been added using [ and ] around the parameters as in this example:

/mod [(p1)+(a)]

This works for your scenario.

Brackets! I don't know why I didn't think to try brackets. I did enclose it all in parenthesis but I really should have known better and tried brackets since that definitely did the trick. Thanks again!
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

One more... how do you use /ability (of the other descriptive ones?) If I use it on a roll the output just shows "uses AbilityName", which is the same as if I had nothing in the Dice String, but never any of the descriptive text I put into the "/ability DescriptiveText" Dice String line. If I try it at the chat prompt it just acts like it's an unknown command and gives me the list of SLASH commands. I can just use something like "/die 0d0 DescriptiveText", of course, but I wouldn't mind being able to just set it up without the die roll showing up.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    You use it exactly as that. They just have different Icons that display to help you categorise them. They were for a specific game system.

That is what I thought, but... Hmm... odd, then, as they are not working for me either at the chat or in a roll. I don't get an icon and it just shows ""uses AbilityName". meaning the name of the Ability I set but it doesn't show any of the text I put into the roll and no special icon with it, same for any of the other descriptive ones. Very odd.
    Last edited by zarlor; May 25th, 2021 at 02:31.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    Rolls are not really meant to be used from chat, only from the charsheet or npcsheet or ct

The icon only appears in the sheet. It simply outputs what you are seeing.

I think I see now. So the syntax "/ability (description only)" I was reading it like "/ability (description only)" as if description only was a variable that would be output. But instead the (description only) rolls simply show an icon on the sheet for that thing which, when clicked, outputs some appropriate verb (such as "uses" or "casts") and then the title of the roll. I got it now. Thanks again!
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

The MoreCore font is always present on the Sidebar buttons, even when I add a theme extension to my project. I don't see any way to set the font for the buttons in the options. Is my only recourse to override the buttons definition in my extension?

Thread Information