STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Dice Pool: /pool #d# (add dice to the dice pool)
    Dice Pool Roll Type: /pooltype damage|dice (change roll to damage or dice type)
    Roll Dice Pool: /rollpool (roll the current pool)
    Is there any way to combine these dice pool tools with other dice strings?

I have a new rule system (Sentinel Comics RPG) where they have rolls that create dice pools of 3 dice of varying sizes (ranging from d4 to d12). Sometimes they call for the max die (highest) or the min die (lowest) or the mid die (median). Sometimes it will even call for the sum of all three - which is easy and simply would be rolling the pool you create. However, other times it could be a combination of 2/3 of the dice in the pool in all the various combinations. These would be something like combining the scripts for /rolld or /rolllow and /rollpool.

For the moment, we can just roll the pool currently and visually see the three numbers and do the mental math super quick. It would be nice though to automate those rolls in a similar way to what you have with the current dice string: Hitos (where I just sent the # = 1 but the string defaults to 3d10 and no other combination of other dice in a dice pool). The most common roll in this system is the mid die - hence the hitos reference...

Do you have dice strings specifically for the min, max, or mid of a dice pool?
    Last edited by Shireling; March 29th, 2021 at 14:04.

Blog Entries
    Those rolls do not exist at this time.
    I think the easiest would be to
    /pooltype orderresult
    in chat - everyone has to do it
    and then build your pool and throw it
    this will just order the results small to big

otherwise you would need to write some dice rollers to order the results and then keep the 1st, 2nd or 3rd dice...
    and whatever other options you need

Blog Entries
    You could also do some rolls like this:

/die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))k1

and then you type in 4, 6, 6 on the roll and click or 4, 8, 10 and then roll etc
    this roll will report the highest single die

/die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))kl1

this one will report the lowest single die

there isnt one to pick the middle die though and this method doesnt use the dice pool thingy

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You could also do some rolls like this:

/die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))k1

and then you type in 4, 6, 6 on the roll and click or 4, 8, 10 and then roll etc
    this roll will report the highest single die

/die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))kl1

this one will report the lowest single die

there isnt one to pick the middle die though and this method doesnt use the dice pool thingy
    I tried using this and it only reports the total of dice rolls for the 3 entries. Neither of those output a max or min. I assume it is user error... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shireling View Post
    I tried using this and it only reports the total of dice rolls for the 3 entries. Neither of those output a max or min. I assume it is user error... sigh.
    Hi Shireling,

This should get you most of the way. The only one I haven't figured out is dropping the mid value. I'm not sure it's possible with the current dice parser.
    Here's a screenie of how to set up the roll. Once you have a roll set up for each, just plop in your dice sizes into the boxes on the character sheet for the roll you're going to use.

Here are dice strings for everything but drop mid. These should go in the Param Formula field.

Keep Highest 1: /die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))k1
    Keep Highest 2: /die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))k2
    Keep Lowest 1: /die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))kl1
    Keep Lowest 2: /die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))kl2
    Keep All: /die 1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3)
    Keep Mid: /die ((1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))d1)kl1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Are you using FGC or FGU? These particular rolls will only work on FGU.
    Also load the Wide Ps extension.
    Yeah, I probably should have included that little (big?) caveat.
    Also, I think you should rename that extension to Wide Peas. No reason, just my quirky humor.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    Yeah, I probably should have included that little (big?) caveat.
    Also, I think you should rename that extension to Wide Peas. No reason, just my quirky humor.
    Sorry - I know you are running FGU - it was aimed at Shireling as he said that roll 1 didnt work when i suggested that one to him.
    I generally have been giving my extensions slightly more fun names lately but i missed that one...

I'm new to Morecore, and I am curious if I am doing something wrong. I have a Roll built on a character sheet that uses the Ref Field A and Ref Field B from two other roles, then of course my Param Formula to build the actual roll, and it works fine. The issue I am having is that I want to save these rolls into the "Rolls" menu so that I can reuse them for other characters/NPCs. I've tried building them directly in the Rolls menu, as well as building them in a character then dragging to the rolls menu, but in both cases, when I drag all three rolls back to a new character, the dice string that is generated will include the Ref Field ID name (a1, b1, etc) rather than the referenced value. So, for example, something like /die (p1)d(a1)+(b1) in the Param Formula would show up as /die 1d(a1)+(b1) in the dice string. Is there a trick that I am missing to build "Shareable" rolls?

Hi dnquxiti,

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, there is no way to save a roll that is pre-linked by itself. However, you do have a couple of things you can do to pre-set stuff.

The easiest, especially if you have a lot of the same rolls across characters, is to create a "blank" character sheet with all the rolls set up. You can then just drag and drop the blank character sheet within the Character selection window to create enough sheets for your players. I always take ownership of the original blank so none of the players can claim it and mess it up.

The other thing I will do is go ahead and create the roll in the rolls library with the formula all set up. You would still need to drag 'n' drop your parameter and reference fields once you add it to the character sheet, but it's still faster than setting it up from scratch all the time.
    Last edited by wndrngdru; April 3rd, 2021 at 01:48.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information