STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frostbyte000jm View Post
    Will something like this work for you?
    Attachment 39442

If MoreCore discovers brackets "[ ]" it will attempt to do the math in the brackets. It only supports addition and subtraction right now. It shouldn't be too hard to add multiplication and division in there... technically if someone is good with data structures they could make it do all the operations of a calculator in there including PEMA.

Test it out, if you like it, tell Damned to add this file to MoreCore.

here is the file (in zip) that needs to be replaced in MoreCore it is located in /scripts. Also here is the whole MoreCore file.
    frostbyte can you have a think on this one...
    If you include 2 sets of [math] in the string it screws up because i think it is taking the first [ and the last ] and then it gets all funky inside that.
    If you get any time to put towards tightening up the logic that would be amazing!
    This math handler that you built is very handy.

Can you remind me where exactly this is? I have been working on a massive Python project and it will take a beat to get back in this mindset. I have more time this semester tho.

Hi, Looking into using Morecore to play Deadlands, (The original NOT Reloaded) and I have a couple of questions:-

1. is there any syntax that allows me to make a dieroller that accesses a table several times something like (p1)+5*(/rollon Tablename) ... where p1 is an input parameter?

2. can I use /die #d#!k1 to test if it passes a test number ... I tried /die 3d6!K1 >(p1) ... but that rolls the dice but doesn't compare with p1

3. is there anyway I can force a table roll to automatically display an associated graphic? (I am using the Card deck extension to draw playing cards and I would like to see the actual card rather than it simply written i.e. KH)

Thanks, any help on any of these would be greatly appreciated
    NickT

Sorry to bother, but for some reason I can't seem to access the documentation page https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html do check if it's something on your end. I've already tried all I could think about in my end, but there's always a chance I missed something.
    Last edited by Samzagas; February 12th, 2021 at 23:16.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    Sorry to bother, but for some reason I can't seem to access the documentation page https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html do check if it's something on your end. I've already tried all I could think about in my end, but there's always a chance I missed something.
    Too many hacking attempts from your network/isp Samzagas - this has caused your IP address to also be blocked.
    See if you can view it here:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=au

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    Hi, Looking into using Morecore to play Deadlands, (The original NOT Reloaded) and I have a couple of questions:-

1. is there any syntax that allows me to make a dieroller that accesses a table several times something like (p1)+5*(/rollon Tablename) ... where p1 is an input parameter?

2. can I use /die #d#!k1 to test if it passes a test number ... I tried /die 3d6!K1 >(p1) ... but that rolls the dice but doesn't compare with p1

3. is there anyway I can force a table roll to automatically display an associated graphic? (I am using the Card deck extension to draw playing cards and I would like to see the actual card rather than it simply written i.e. KH)

Thanks, any help on any of these would be greatly appreciated
    NickT
    1. No there is no syntax for that
    2. /die is part of the core engine and that comparison is not part of its capability. What is the exact roll you are trying to do? What does the exclamation do?
    3. There will also be a link in the output and that link will be to the card image.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Too many hacking attempts from your network/isp Samzagas - this has caused your IP address to also be blocked.
    See if you can view it here:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=au
    Great, that's my useless ISP who I don't know how but it seems like it only uses blocked IPs. Sadly, its not the first time something like that happens with random pages every now and then. I never imagined that I'd have to use a VPN for something as mundane as checking a webpage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    Great, that's my useless ISP who I don't know how but it seems like it only uses blocked IPs. Sadly, its not the first time something like that happens with random pages every now and then. I never imagined that I'd have to use a VPN for something as mundane as checking a webpage.
    Sorry - my servers run so much better when Im aggressive with the firewalls...

what I need is a roll that rolls #d# explodes on a max roll on any die, keeps the highest total and then compares that total against a target number. /die #d#!k1 does all of that but the comparison. I can work with a manual comparison but that further bit of automation would have been nice ;>(

I know that I can put a card image on the table, but it is,(as you say), just a link, which I then have to click on, what I would have preferred was that the table automatically activated the link. Still I can work with that too. Thanks for your, (as ever), prompt reply ;>)

Thread Information