STAR TREK 2d20
    Sorry I have been away. @TheYak I just did a video series on dice. I have a dice extension template. This may help you understand how to do some of the changes you're working on.

Video Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...BUxMhCdF8iXxOr
    You want video 5.01 and 5.02

@Valyar [seriously, is there a way to tag people?] what I would do is look up param formula, and see where it manipulates that into the dice string. Then what I would do is change the code to look at the info a character at a time and build, what is essentially, the data structure of a calculator. Then the values that finally end in dice string meet the requirements of what is expected in output.

BUT, what I think you would want more is to be able to click Strength, click Melee, then click roll and get your output. In that video series I was talking about above, I just created a Shadow Run 6W dice for MoreCore for this. I do this in real time so if your game is different, you can utilize that code.

@flynnkd. I built SR6W for you. Attached is the ext and the lua file for @damned. Please test this out and see if it works for you. If not, change it.

Wait!... ... How do we attach files now? I don't like change!
    oh well, here is my git. it is in video 5
    https://github.com/frostbyte000jm/FGCode

I leave them as a folder in my git, because they are for training videos, you can leave it as a folder or turn it into an ext. Hope these help.

Edit: Apparently I didn't have the full site turned on. Weird. Everything looks normal again.
    The two files are now attached. the zip contains the lua file for @damned

Edit Edit: Updated files because of FGU bug. All good now... I hope.

Edit Edit Edit: Wasn't all good. Updating so dice can be rolled from hotbar.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frostbyte000jm; September 17th, 2020 at 01:30.

Thanks frostbyte!, Ill take a look, let see if I can wrap my head around it!
    Last edited by TheYak; September 13th, 2020 at 00:13. Reason: New Info

Awesome, thank you so much...

Quote Originally Posted by frostbyte000jm View Post
    @Valyar [seriously, is there a way to tag people?] what I would do is look up param formula, and see where it manipulates that into the dice string. Then what I would do is change the code to look at the info a character at a time and build, what is essentially, the data structure of a calculator. Then the values that finally end in dice string meet the requirements of what is expected in output.

BUT, what I think you would want more is to be able to click Strength, click Melee, then click roll and get your output. In that video series I was talking about above, I just created a Shadow Run 6W dice for MoreCore for this. I do this in real time so if your game is different, you can utilize that code.
    No, I don't want to have so many clicks for game system that has per-determined way to build a dice pool. One skill is always linked to particular attribute and every item gives bonus dice to a per-determined skill. If I wanted this, I could use /mod die that adds to modifier box extra dice and roll only the relevant attribute, but everyone on the table want more convenience and less clicking.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    No, I don't want to have so many clicks for game system that has per-determined way to build a dice pool. One skill is always linked to particular attribute and every item gives bonus dice to a per-determined skill. If I wanted this, I could use /mod die that adds to modifier box extra dice and roll only the relevant attribute, but everyone on the table want more convenience and less clicking.
    Fair enuff, then my original suggestion. One can write an extension to override that code. The data structure of a calculator is fairly easy (or at least copy paste-able).

The first part would be to bring in the values and remove the p1/2/3. Then one can use my splitMod() code to parse the data, I think the parameter (%w) will do each character and remove white space. Then recursion to stack and pop, so it will have order of operations.

Going this route will allow the math to work for any function.

Just out of morbid curiosity, what cha playing?

Quote Originally Posted by frostbyte000jm View Post
    Just out of morbid curiosity, what cha playing?
    Fria Ligan games + Wrath & Glory. The principle of building a pool of D6 is the same.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I am using Unity, in your videos you are using classic.. that may be all my problems, however...

Tried out the new sr6w ext and having problems. The /sr6w help command doesn't work for me, and once you get an error the ext seems to lock up. I did have 'pool' active and that seems to interfere, got rid of it, but still not seeing any dice rolls. I am pretty sure I have it set up like you have in your video.

It is a lot easier to code in classic as /reload isn’t (or wasn’t) working in FGU.

I will try it in FGU when I actually wake up. Forgot to take my own advice and throw it over there after getting it working in FGC.

neat. Apparently rRoll.aDice stores a little something extra in FGU than in FGC. It handles it better. Also the "/sr6w help" doesn't bug out the code forever now. I have also updated my templates to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future.

Thank you, tho. I didn't know /reload was working again in FGU. I gave up developing in FGU because of that.

Side Rant: In FGC there was a request that the character sheet could detach. It isn't possible with how it is built, but people really wanted it to detach like the console window. FGU comes around and they were like "So you like windows detaching, we will not allow that with the console window." I also wish they would allow copy from console in FGU as well. The whole opening up a folder is annoying. But I can learn to live with it.

All this said. I am updating the file in my comment above. My git has been revised as well.

Thread Information