DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 329 First ... 1523242526273575125 ... Last
    Damned:

You can forget what I talking about.. After thinking more about it, there are way to many variables for that to work as smoothly as I was hoping for in the Conan Mechanic. Its just simpler to do a dice string like this:
    (SWORD)1d6 dmg+1d20 Hitlocation; and just look at chart. As I do not care about the totals, as long as I can see each dice.

Paul:

Thanks! Yeah, I was going to try and see if it could be done that way. But I didn't want to modify it on my end, as the next time morecore updates, I would loose my own changes as I am running it through an extension. Unlike what I was doing before with DH.

Shotgun,

You wouldn't lose the changes if you had the functions called form a file that was in your extension. Say Manger_Damage2.lua or something like that. I use that in DH for quite a few things so when Core updates I don't need to as well.

Could Conan 2d20 Combat roll be added to show damage rolls? Damage on 2d20 system is always a xd6 roll where 1 and 2 are damage points, then 3 and 4 are blank no damage, and 5 and 6 are 1 damage + effect. Effect is just to activate some weapon properties.
    Also could initiative order be removed from Combat Tracker? It will be like Star Wars Edge of the Empire where there is no real initiative but each player or master decides when to act. So there is no real number values but each turn they can decide who acts.
    Thank you! Just joined this ruleset to use Conan 2d20 and I am very happy, your job here is amazing!

Blog Entries
    Hi alfarobl I discussed with Shotgun Jolly and his preference was to roll the damage dice himself. Ill have a look at it in the near future.
    The Combat tracker requires someway to order people - the init can be set manually on the character sheet. Other methods are quite complex.
    I use MoreCore for Dungeon World and leave the Init field blank as there is no initiative in that system either.

Im glad you are enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi alfarobl I discussed with Shotgun Jolly and his preference was to roll the damage dice himself. Ill have a look at it in the near future.
    The Combat tracker requires someway to order people - the init can be set manually on the character sheet. Other methods are quite complex.
    I use MoreCore for Dungeon World and leave the Init field blank as there is no initiative in that system either.

It would be great if you could add Combat Dice... it is easy to do manually but having a specific roll will avoid making mistakes.

There is a video about how the Combat Tracker works on Edge of the Empire with Trenloe ruleset... don't know if you could add some ideas from it to MoreCore. Maybe it is not possible, but just in case:
    EotE Combat Tracker

Thank you again! Hope to be able to test Conan 2d20 soon with MoreCore on real play with the Quickstart.
    Last edited by alfarobl; July 9th, 2017 at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post

Like I said, it was just my personal preference, I am sure there would be no harm in having it. I am sure some people out there would rather have that.

I love the heck out of this (first as a mod but now as a pak it's downright awesome!) My only request would be for the new Vampire the Requiem rolling mechanic, which is like /successes but with exploding dice. In other words it rolls #d10s with every 8, 9, or 10 counting as a success but any 10s also get to be rerolled checking for any further successes. The older WoD mechanic of reducing successes for any 1s rolled no longer applies. No idea how tough that might be to code but I'd at least like to make the request for it if it isn't too much trouble.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Also I'm wondering if there might be an issue with /successes from the sheet. The syntax works fine as a base / command but it I add something like the following as an attack on a sheet:

[ATK] Awesome Sword (Fighting) (Finesse) /successes 6d10x7,

It properly highlights as if it recognizes that as a roll, but double-clicking does nothing and dragging it into the box just outputs the following:

[ATK] Awesome Sword (Fighting) (Finesse) /successes 6d10x (7)

The (7) at the end means it displays the number 7 as if it were the output of a roll.

I also tried making a quick NPC dropping that in the Combat Tracker and dragging the attack from either the sheet or the CT display for that character onto the NPC as if it were an attack, but neither method appears to do anything. Sam if I drop both characters on a map and drop the attack onto the NPC. No apparent effect.

I also just noticed that the Modifiers box has several small dots underneath it and that it put a +43 modifier into that box when I double-clicked the attack. Mousing over the dots it looks like they have been given the names of my attacks and damage entries, too.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Damned,

When do you suspect your next update will be?

Jolly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    I love the heck out of this (first as a mod but now as a pak it's downright awesome!) My only request would be for the new Vampire the Requiem rolling mechanic, which is like /successes but with exploding dice. In other words it rolls #d10s with every 8, 9, or 10 counting as a success but any 10s also get to be rerolled checking for any further successes. The older WoD mechanic of reducing successes for any 1s rolled no longer applies. No idea how tough that might be to code but I'd at least like to make the request for it if it isn't too much trouble.
    I will have a look and see if I can work that roller out. Dont be afraid to dive into the rollers and try it yourself and then we can add it back in...

Thread Information