FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Hello, I found a bug When selecting the Groups and creating a new group under FGU with the latest versions of MoreCore (1.55 and 1.56 tested):

Code:
    [5/19/2020 2:34:19 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:364: attempt to call field 'setRecordType' (a nil value)
    [5/19/2020 2:34:20 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_list.lua"]:35: attempt to index field 'idelete' (a nil value)

Hiya - As I understand the rnk, you roll a indicated number of dice (d10) and then keep an indicated number of them, e.g. roll 4d10, keep the 2 highest.

What I am wondering whether that could be adjusted to become flexible on the "size" of die used. Agents allows you to roll 1/2/3 d12 and keep the highest, then add your attribute and other mods to it to hit a variable target number... Sigh. I think it might be easier to do it manually...

Oh - and sorry to be a pain, but the Vaesen roll stopped working in 1.56
    Last edited by Raldanash; May 19th, 2020 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    /rollunder does not do what you want but if you spelled out more detail (cos im lost with that explanation) we may be able to come up with another solution.

the - is interpreted as a switch like the -c
    Thank you again Damned, I hope I'm not wearing you out. On the /rollunder question let me see if I can describe it better. The game system is the original Aliens RPG by Leading Edge which was also the core systems for Phoenix Command. The complexity of the system was a challenge, but also provided some unique aspects I haven't seen in any similar form. This particular roll by the game rules is for skill resolution, and involves 3d6 being rolled and totaled together. The GM provides a task difficulty between 16 down to 4 or (Very Easy) 16 to (Extremely Difficult) 4. The Player has a Skill Rating Modifier for each skill based on their competence with the skill. These range from -8 (Unskilled) -4 (Novice) up to +10 (Grand Master). To resolve the skill check the player takes the given task difficulty (+/-) Skill Rating Modifier, roll 3d6 and total. If the result is less than the task difficulty and SRM then the test was successful. (ex. Player has Novice (-4) rating in Portable Welder) and wants to seal an access hatch. The GM rates the task difficulty at Easy (13) that -4 for being a Novice is 9. The player rolls 3d6 and if the totaled result is 9 or less the Player was successful in the sealing the hatch closed.)

What I have seen so far experimenting with the /rollunder string is as long as its a single die roll (ex. 1d20) it works (including necessary modifiers) just as expected. However in the example above where I am needing the roll to be 3d6 the string reports 3 individual die results and does not total the 3 and then test against the target number from the required part of the string. I've included an image showing the difference in the rolls and the result report in the chat window. Even though the roll result in chat shows the total of the 3d6 it appears to be checking the results against the target number for each single die, so it always reports 3 successes but never fails. (I'm sure any target number above 6 {notwithstanding modifiers} rolled against a d6 is probably not compatible with the mathematical function within the roll)

Hopefully I have better explained this and what I am trying to achieve. Please let me know if I can clarify anything further, and again thank you for your time!
    1d20vs3d6.png
    Last edited by LordRichtor; May 19th, 2020 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Can you provide more info?
    I just created new groups in Story and in World Builder and both worked for me without error?
    Thanks for looking into this.
    Not sure what additional information I could provide:
    Running under Windows 10 x64 FGU (4.0.0) CoreRPG 3.3.11 MoreCore 1.56 20200516
    Just created a new campaign with Morecore (no extension added), going to Libary>Groups and the error message is triggered (only first time after loading the interface). You amay also notice that the window is inside the window and cannot be moved out of it.
    error1.jpg

Same when clicking on Edit List button (only first time after loading the interface).
    error2.jpg

Also after populating the fields and closing the window, the created entry does not persist.
    popodata3.jpg
    datadisappeared4.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naurthoron View Post
    Thanks for looking into this.
    Not sure what additional information I could provide:
    My apologies I understand now.
    Groups and Places have both been deprecated.
    I know this is going to be a pain to some people.
    The newer World Builder tool does what both Places and Groups do and does it better with the send to chat options, the ability to change the type, selected data share to players, and the ability for players to add their own notes to the records.
    Groups and Places are both bugged as you point out and I am unlikely to fix them.
    It would be best to copy the data out of these and into World Builder.
    Sorry for the Inconvenience.
    In 2 more versions I plan to remove the buttons completely.

Ok, so we just leave it as it and ignoring it.
    Thanks Damned!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Okay, so I have been working on this for a few days now and suddenly I had a revelation. Why make things complicated when a simple solution was staring me in the face. The method of reading the Margin Of Success value works for GM & Client so why not use this method for the location armour value check. This too worked, simple. No need to create a complex OOB messaging routine. I have tested this on both GM and client sides on all looks good.

The modified manage_custom_atowdmg.lua file is attached (change the extension from .zip to .lua) if you want to have a look - lines 336 to 345 in the Damage Calculator function.

I have also posted the latest version of the ATOW extension on the following thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ior-RPG-Redux)

Enjoy.
    Would you like to include this into MoreCore?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldanash View Post
    Hiya - As I understand the rnk, you roll a indicated number of dice (d10) and then keep an indicated number of them, e.g. roll 4d10, keep the 2 highest.

What I am wondering whether that could be adjusted to become flexible on the "size" of die used. Agents allows you to roll 1/2/3 d12 and keep the highest, then add your attribute and other mods to it to hit a variable target number... Sigh. I think it might be easier to do it manually...

Oh - and sorry to be a pain, but the Vaesen roll stopped working in 1.56
    Hmmm... im so sorry.
    I need a whole refresher on Vaesen...
    How did we have it working?

I have made a new Roll and Keep roll:
    /rk #d#x#
    You can nominate the size of dice and the number to keep

Im hoping you will make and share something for Concordia next...

Please PM me for a beta.

rk.jpg

Thread Information