FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Thanks Musrha - what is the process in determining your Action Rating?

If you have 0d6 in your pool you roll 2d6 with disadvantage?
    What if you have 1d6?

How would you suggest that we build the pool?
    Making each skill/attribute a Modifier (/mod) Roll?

Other than how you build the number of dice is there a difference in the Action roll and Resistance roll output?
    Do they both simply need to report Success (at least one 6 after disadvantage) or Failure?

If we had /blades #+#
    and it resolved to 1 or higher
    roll that number of dice - if there is at least 1 six then declare success
    if there is no 6 but there is at least 1 four or five then declare partial success
    if there is no four/five/six declare a fail
    if it resolves to 0
    roll 2d6
    drop the highest die
    if there is a six then declare success
    if there is no 6 but there is a four or five then declare partial success

Does that sound right?

If I make this roll would you be willing to:

Create 2 to 4 unique PCs
    Create 2 to 4 NPCs
    Create a mini adventure with at least 2 encounters in it.

and share it here?
    - To determine the Action Rating you have to add 1d6 per dot in your Abilitie. If you have 3 dots in Attune you roll 3d6 and check the highest result. Two 6 in the result makes a Critical (that doesn't have additional effects in terms of dice).

- Indeed, if you have 0d6 you roll 2d6 and keep the lowest one. You can not get a Critical in this situation.

- If you have 1d6 it's just normal. The result is just the dice that got rolled.

How would you suggest that we build the pool?
    Making each skill/attribute a Modifier (/mod) Roll?
    The user can create his own his attributes in the sheet (so it works for other Forged in the Dark games) and just use /blades (a1) in the Formula where (a1) is the attribute, then the roll resolves as you say here.

If we had /blades #+#
    and it resolved to 1 or higher
    roll that number of dice - if there is at least 1 six then declare success
    if there is no 6 but there is at least 1 four or five then declare partial success
    if it resolves to 0
    roll 2d6
    drop the highest die
    if there is a six then declare success
    if there is no 6 but there is a four or five then declare partial success
    That's for Action rolls.

For Resistance roll, the output is a number, not sucess/failure. You roll #d6 (which the user can input manually in MoreCore) and the character recieves 6 stress minus the highest die result from the resistance roll. For example if you roll 2d6 and get 4, 5. You recieve 1 stress. If you got a 6, zero stress. If you get a Critical, you recover 1 stress. But the roll just needs to subtract 6 to the highest dice rolled to work and check if you made a Critical (2 six, as usual) to tell that you recover 1 stress.

Attachment 34506

I think just this will be necesary.

Of course, I can do that PCs/NPCs and encounters, but English is not my first language so sorry in advance for any mistakes

And thank you very much!

I would probably suggest along with the above...

Fortune and Engagement Rolls:
    These are not based on any specific Action and always start with 1d6 and then add any bonuses or negative modifiers by simply adding or removing dice, to a minimum of 0 (so always 1d6 + modifiers as the number of additional d6 dice)

Rolls and results are otherwise the same as for Action Rolls

It may be worth noting here that many tables in BitD are based either on a simple 1d6 result or occasionally a 2d6 result where 1 die is the "tens" and one is the "ones" to provide a 2-digit number to lookup on a table. Not really something extra that needs to be coded since it's already doable, but I thought I would throw it out there.

I might otherwise just suggest showing the results of all the dice rolled as that could still be helpful to display instead of just the highest rolled die and the text of the result based on that. Some GMs may like to make things extra-special with a Crit that's, say, 3 or 4 sixes over what they might do for 2 sixes.

Also just for clarity on verbiage Action Rolls use Actions (think skills in most systems) for the base number of dice to roll before modifiers but Resistance Rolls are what use Attributes (in this case don't think Strength and Dex, think of Attributes as Saving Throws, in a way, except you'll always succeed to resist) to determine the number of dice to roll. So at least that is some distinction in that you will always use an Action to make Action Rolls and you will always use Attributes to make Resistance Rolls, but never Actions for Resistance Rolls or Attributes for Action Rolls.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Hello,
    I'm new to MoreCore and was playing around with it. I've tried to follow the tutorial, but I'm running into some issues. I'm using Fantasy Grounds Unity rather then classic. And I don't have a classic license, so I can't try using it there.
    First off, I'm not sure where the script directory is any more. It seems like some of the more powerful features of MoreCore are cased on scripting. When I create a project using the MoreCore system, it doesn't create any scripting directory or the lua files. So where would I find these or create them?
    Additionally, if I create some NPC hostiles and try interacting with them, their names aren't showing up in the chat window. If I target my character the name shows up, but not the NPC's.
    Thanks for the help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Musrha View Post
    - To determine the Action Rating...
    For Action Rating is it always based on One Attribute and ONLY One Attribute?

For Resistance Rolls you get back a VALUE rather than a Text Description. How do you determine (all possible ways) how many Dice to throw? Where will you track Stress - C4/C5/Wounds/Elsewhere?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    I would probably suggest along with the above...

Fortune and Engagement Rolls:
    These are not based on any specific Action and always start with 1d6 and then add any bonuses or negative modifiers by simply adding or removing dice, to a minimum of 0 (so always 1d6 + modifiers as the number of additional d6 dice)

Rolls and results are otherwise the same as for Action Rolls

It may be worth noting here that many tables in BitD are based either on a simple 1d6 result or occasionally a 2d6 result where 1 die is the "tens" and one is the "ones" to provide a 2-digit number to lookup on a table. Not really something extra that needs to be coded since it's already doable, but I thought I would throw it out there.

I might otherwise just suggest showing the results of all the dice rolled as that could still be helpful to display instead of just the highest rolled die and the text of the result based on that. Some GMs may like to make things extra-special with a Crit that's, say, 3 or 4 sixes over what they might do for 2 sixes.

Also just for clarity on verbiage Action Rolls use Actions (think skills in most systems) for the base number of dice to roll before modifiers but Resistance Rolls are what use Attributes (in this case don't think Strength and Dex, think of Attributes as Saving Throws, in a way, except you'll always succeed to resist) to determine the number of dice to roll. So at least that is some distinction in that you will always use an Action to make Action Rolls and you will always use Attributes to make Resistance Rolls, but never Actions for Resistance Rolls or Attributes for Action Rolls.
    On what basis do you add Dice? Are these added by way of Role Play / Handwaving or by way of Attributes/Skills or by specific situations like Flanking, Surprise etc?

There is d60 support in MoreCore - it rolls a d6 and multiplies the result by 10.

I am sure that your description is accurate but it has only confused me.

Please understand that I have neither the time or the interest to learn every new system so I need them explained in a lot of detail - screenshots/photoshop helps too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentDragon64 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm new to MoreCore and was playing around with it. I've tried to follow the tutorial, but I'm running into some issues. I'm using Fantasy Grounds Unity rather then classic. And I don't have a classic license, so I can't try using it there.
    First off, I'm not sure where the script directory is any more. It seems like some of the more powerful features of MoreCore are cased on scripting. When I create a project using the MoreCore system, it doesn't create any scripting directory or the lua files. So where would I find these or create them?
    Additionally, if I create some NPC hostiles and try interacting with them, their names aren't showing up in the chat window. If I target my character the name shows up, but not the NPC's.
    Thanks for the help.
    Hi SilentNoMore,

What tutorial are you trying to follow?
    MoreCore is delivered as a .pak file. You can unzip the file and see the contents. What are you trying to achieve and we might be able to avoid coding at all?
    How are you creating and interacting with the NPCs? They must be in the Combat Tracker as must the PC(s).

Hi SilentNoMore,

What tutorial are you trying to follow?
    MoreCore is delivered as a .pak file. You can unzip the file and see the contents. What are you trying to achieve and we might be able to avoid coding at all?
    How are you creating and interacting with the NPCs? They must be in the Combat Tracker as must the PC(s).
    Hello Damned,
    I've downloaded the current pak and installed it. I was trying to follow the youtube tutorials, linked to on the MoreCore Ruleset. The first one is at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54PSYMXmyvs
    I think part 3 starts talking about script files.

I attached a screen shot. I was trying to use the rifle attack on the test character. And while I can target the test character, if I target one of the hostel NPC's in the combat tracker, it chat window just says vs, and doesn't give the NPC name.

screenshot0001.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentDragon64 View Post
    Hello Damned,
    I've downloaded the current pak and installed it. I was trying to follow the youtube tutorials, linked to on the MoreCore Ruleset. The first one is at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54PSYMXmyvs
    I think part 3 starts talking about script files.

I attached a screen shot. I was trying to use the rifle attack on the test character. And while I can target the test character, if I target one of the hostel NPC's in the combat tracker, it chat window just says vs, and doesn't give the NPC name.

screenshot0001.png
    This is bizarre. Im not sure when this broke but it definitely has...

Blog Entries
    This is bizarre. Im not sure when this broke but it definitely has...
    I reloaded a dozen times. I reverted to earlier builds of MoreCore and CoreRPG. I tested code for 3 hours and couldnt resolve it.
    Closed FG and started fresh and now I cant get the error to reappear...

There is d60 support in MoreCore - it rolls a d6 and multiplies the result by 10.

I am sure that your description is accurate but it has only confused me.

Please understand that I have neither the time or the interest to learn every new system so I need them explained in a lot of detail - screenshots/photoshop helps too.
    Sorry, Damned, I was hoping I helped there, but apparently not. I've been using More Core quite a while and love it and was only hoping to clarify in a more logical away and I guess I failed at that. I absolutely know you can't know all of these game systems and I was just trying to give a more direct approach. Oh well. I'll see what I can do for the further questions, though.

Regarding Action Rating, yes. it is it always based on only One Action Rating (not Attributes at all, they use the term Attribute to be what is used for Resistance Rolls, not too different from the way Savage Worlds differentiates that Skills should largely be used for Active actions while Attributes should be used for Passive or Resistive ones, if that helps at all. That was the main definition I wanted to point out in my previous post, really, since you were using the term Attribute in the more traditional sense but for this system it means a completely different roll is used with that particular term, is all.)

For Resistance Rolls you get back a VALUE rather than a Text Description. How do you determine (all possible ways) how many Dice to throw? Where will you track Stress - C4/C5/Wounds/Elsewhere?
    It is a VALUE (6-result) EXCEPT if there are more than one 6 on the dice. In the case of that situation, called a Critical, then the VALUE become -1. That VALUE always affects only one thing, Stress (not sure what Mushra is using for a value on their sheet there, so I won't speculate on the field). Stress is incremented by the player during the game (kind of like using bennies in Savage Worlds except you GAIN stress by doing certain things and by making Resistance Rolls... except when you get a Critical success on that roll, when you get to lose a Stress instead.)

On what basis do you add Dice? Are these added by way of Role Play / Handwaving or by way of Attributes/Skills or by specific situations like Flanking, Surprise etc?
    Dice are added through role play, essentially. Effectively it probably shouldn't need to be handled programatically at all, the person rolling would simply need to put the modifier into the modifier box. The only modifier to dice rolls is not the usual +1 or +2 or whatever to the total (you do not roll 1d6 with a +1 modifier and get, say, a 5 then add +1 for a total of 6) rather the modifier always adds to the number of dice you roll. (so that 1d6 becomes a 2d6, instead) (there is a situation where you can bump up the final result from the table, but that also doesn't need to be handled by the program at all, I don't believe). That modifier can come from several places, but nothing that needs to be really figured out on the sheet per se, it's probably easiest just to check the modifier box and if there is a positive or negative value listed there to simply read that as adding or removing that number of d6 dice to the number to be rolled. That's it. And it can never go below 0 (with 0 meaning to roll 2 dice and take the lowest value to check your result table against, or to use as the value in the 6-result equation for Stress cost, as all noted above).

Does that help clear it up any? My apologies again for adding to the confusion.
    Last edited by zarlor; April 29th, 2020 at 14:59.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Thread Information