STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries
    you either roll vs 9 or vs a fixed score. if you make a climb check for example a 9 would be success, to see how good you Count the success Levels. Of Course there are possible modifiers too. -1,-2,-3 and so on for how hard it is to climb. If you try to do semething that can be actively avoided like an attack you have to target the enemies muscle score or Brains for example when you want to fool him. This score might be different than 9 but everything below 9 is Always a miss.

So all checks are against 9 unless they arent?
    How any modifiers could you possibly add to a roll on top of attribute+skill or attribute+attribute?

And all attacks are against Muscles?
    Unless they are against Brains or Combat?
    Unless M/B/C is less than 9 then its against 9?

If you beat the M/B/C you measure success not against M/B/C but against 9?

For Checks it sounds like you need:
    Each Attribute setup as a Modifier Strength /mod (p1)
    and each Skill setup as a Modifier Going Medieval /mod (p1)
    and 3 modifiers called Hard/Harder/Hardest (/mod -1/-2/-3)
    and a Generic Roll Check /buffy 1d10x(p1) (this roll does not exist at this time)

To make a check of any sort you click the appropriate combination of Attribute/Skill/Modifier and then click Check which will roll 1d10+attr/skill/mod and check it vs (p1) which will 90% of the time be 9.
    It will report on the result including the number of successes. The number of successes will need to be drag/dropable.

For Attacks its more complex.
    You still have each Attribute setup as a Modifier Strength /mod (p1)
    and an Attack Roll Attack /buffyac 1d10 (this roll does not exist at this time)

On the NPC sheets you will need 3 Rolls - Muscle/Brains/Combat and they will use a roll something like:
    Muscle /tset (p1) and when you click this roll it will set the NPCs defense to the (p1) value (this roll does not exist at this time AND I need to test of this can work in the CT...)

To make an Attack of any sort you declare the type of Attack, the GM determines the defensive attribute and clicks it, then you roll the Attack which will check the Defense value and calculate the Roll result.
    It will report on the result including the number of successes. The number of successes will need to be drag/dropable.

On the NPC sheets you will need a Roll for Armor, or because these are NPCs they probably dont live long enough to need to change Armour values so you could just set the C4 as Armour. This value will be used to modify the Damage roll.
    To Roll Damage you will need a new Roll Damage /buffdmg
    Scratch that. You need to come up with a consistent formula or expression for damage. I cant guess at all the combinations.

The human mind is incredibly good at handling this type of variable input and rules. Coding this sort of stuff is non trivial.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RocksFall View Post
    It is amazing. So much hard work. Much appreciated. MoreCore is extremely powerful for other systems and especially Homebrews!!!

Ty all, MoreCore!!!
    Huzzah!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amesephis View Post
    Hello, I would like to master Fading Suns for friends, also in view of the huge work to develop a ruleset, I would like to know if it is possible to use the power and flexibility of MoreCore.
    For an example of the system: Features and skills are out of 10.
    During a test you determine according to the action you want to perform the characteristic and the skill that you accumulate and you have to perform a throw less or equal:
    A roll below the total is a pass.
    An equal roll is a critical success.
    A jet of 20 is a fumble.
    The little plus in the system is that the closer you get to the limit of the roll, the more successful you are at that roll (the closer you get to the limit of your skills, the greater the success:
    1 = 0 VP (but still likely a success)
    2-3 = 1 VP
    4-5 = 2 VP
    6-7 = 3 VP
    8-9 = 4 VP
    10-11 = 5 VP
    12-13 = 6 VP
    14-15 = 7 VP
    16-17 = 8 VP
    18-19 = 9 VP
    20 - Fumble.
    Knowing of course that if the action is complicated the GM can give a malus to the total of the characteristic + skill.
    So I was wondering how to customize or create an extension that could manage the dice rolls for a greater fluidity of the games, whether it was possible to choose the skills and characteristics more malus or bonus to define the level of success and display the number of Victory Points.

Thanks, and you did a great job on your ruleset.

Cheers.
    Hi there Amesephis

More info required. is it always a d20? How do the skills factor in to the roll?
    Please provide two examples each of a simple roll, a medium complexity roll and a complex roll (lots of different inputs)

Example - if my target is 12 and I roll 12 i get a critical success but how many Victory Points?
    if my target is 12 and I roll a 10 how many VPs?
    if my target is 12 and I roll a 1 how many VPs?

Hi there ^^ and Thanks damned

yeah it's still a D20 for the checks.

When you perform a critical succes it double the Victory Point.
    Exemple : if you'r total (carac+skill) is 10 and you roll a 9 on you'r dice : you'll have 4 VP; if you'r total is 9 and roll a 9 you'll have 8 VP.

The table of Victory Point don't move and is still the same for all checks : the fact that you have carac+skill 4 or 18 don't impact the Victory Table : it represents the fact that a weapon master will always be superior to a student on a normal roll, afterwards you're not always at the top of your form...

Only the total of carac+skill will change, at this total you can have a bonus or a malus depending on whether the action is common or heroic. :
    +2 simple : sing a famous tune
    +4 easy : seducing someone who's already "in the mood"
    +6 a piece of cake : world-famous celebrity recognition
    +8 it's a snap : walking and chewing gum
    +10 unmistakable : hit a bound and helpless opponent

-2 discomfort : long-range shooting
    -4 arduous : shooting at maximum range, performing two actions at the same time, see in the fog
    -6 difficult: perform three actions in the same round, even in almost total darkness
    -8 tricky: climbing a cliff without equipment
    -10: heroic: hitting the bull's-eye at 100m with a blindfold on.

Another point is : I don't know if it's possible to automate a dice roll based on the use of a skill:
    If a starship pilot wants to fly through an asteroid field the Han Solo way: Dexterity + piloting skill.
    If he wants to save fuel and cross the solar system while taking advantage of the principle of gravitational acceleration: Intelligence + piloting skill.

And Thank you very to help me ^^ doing it while taking care of my child (2years old) + learning new coding language + learning FGU : my check skill will be tricky +8
    Last edited by Amesephis; April 22nd, 2020 at 22:50.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    you either roll vs 9 or vs a fixed score. if you make a climb check for example a 9 would be success, to see how good you Count the success Levels. Of Course there are possible modifiers too. -1,-2,-3 and so on for how hard it is to climb. If you try to do semething that can be actively avoided like an attack you have to target the enemies muscle score or Brains for example when you want to fool him. This score might be different than 9 but everything below 9 is Always a miss.

So all checks are against 9 unless they arent?yes if you compare a skill vs. someone else you roll against their muscle, brains, or combat. Else you roll vs. 9
    How any modifiers could you possibly add to a roll on top of attribute+skill or attribute+attribute? situation modifier from +5 to -10 this is the only one. For combat maneuvers it can be a second modifier. For example stake through the hard has a minus xx to hit but multiplies the damage. I would add those by myself in the combat maneuvers

And all attacks are against Muscles? against combat. I messed this up. It is mostly vs. combat. When you try to escape a grapple it would be vs. muscle.
    Unless they are against Brains or Combat? but yes. better switch combat with muscle.
    Unless M/B/C is less than 9 then its against 9? yes but I think the score can never go below that.

If you beat the M/B/C you measure success not against M/B/C but against 9?yes

For Checks it sounds like you need:
    Each Attribute setup as a Modifier Strength /mod (p1)
    and 3 modifiers called Hard/Harder/Hardest (/mod -1/-2/-3)
    and a Generic Roll Check /buffy 1d10x(p1) (this roll does not exist at this time)

To make a check of any sort you click the appropriate combination of Attribute/Skill/Modifier and then click Check which will roll 1d10+attr/skill/mod and check it vs (p1) which will 90% of the time be 9.

For Attacks its more complex.
    You still have each Attribute setup as a Modifier Strength /mod (p1)
    and an Attack Roll Attack /buffyac 1d10 (this roll does not exist at this time)

On the NPC sheets you will need 3 Rolls - Muscle/Brains/Combat and they will use a roll something like:
    Muscle /tset (p1) and when you click this roll it will set the NPCs defense to the (p1) value (this roll does not exist at this time AND I need to test of this can work in the CT...)normaly npcs never need to roll. they have a fixed value and the player rolls against it. is it possible to choose a traget? For example Buffy kicks a vampire she rolls vs his combat and in FG I click the enemy in the combat tracker and the kick. Then it gives something like 15 its a hit and does x damage?

To make an Attack of any sort you declare the type of Attack, the GM determines the defensive attribute and clicks ityou would not need the GM to do this. Every attack would have the roll fixed it goes against, then you roll the Attack which will check the Defense value and calculate the Roll result.

On the NPC sheets you will need a Roll for Armor, or because these are NPCs they probably dont live long enough to need to change Armour values so you could just set the C4 as Armour. This value will be used to modify the Damage roll.
    To Roll Damage you will need a new Roll Damage /buffdmg
    Scratch that. You need to come up with a consistent formula or expression for damage. I cant guess at all the combinations.

The human mind is incredibly good at handling this type of variable input and rules. Coding this sort of stuff is non trivial.
    no its not. That's why I am here.
    Last edited by amanwing; April 22nd, 2020 at 20:32.

(rolld10+Attribute+Skill) compare to target (combat, brain or muscle) if >= hit else miss
    if hit do (((attribute+1)*2) damage +1 per success level(type slash/Stab, bullet or blunt)) if target armour has matching type(type slash/Stab, bullet or blunt) reduce damage by y if target has no matching armor type -z) to target.
    If target is living and attack is bullet or slash/stab, double the damage.
    This should be the needed dice roll. The damage is just an example. If something like this is possible I would be happy to try and figure it out by myself. Or if you can provide a hint or a line of code it would help a lot.+1 per success level
    Last edited by amanwing; April 23rd, 2020 at 14:31.

(rolld10+Attribute+Skill) compare to target (combat, brain or muscle) if >= hit else miss
    if hit do (((attribute+1)*2) damage +1 per success level (type slash/Stab, bullet or blunt)) if target armour has matching type(type slash/Stab, bullet or blunt) reduce damage by y if target has no matching armor type -z) to target.
    If target is living and attack is bullet or slash/stab, double the damage.
    This should be the needed dice roll. The damage is just an example. If something like this is possible I would be happy to try and figure it out by myself. Or if you can provide a hint or a line of code it would help a lot.

Hey Damned. I posted this in the SotDL thread but didn't get a response from SuperTeddy ... not sure if it needs to be in that thread or this one:

When opening an ability in the Talent box on the character sheet, it now shows the word "Feature" under the name of the Talent. Unlocking the ability box doesn't allow access to edit a new field called Feature - the word just hangs out there.

Screenshot (99).jpg

Hello all,

Im new to FGUnity and to be honest the only reason im still here is because of MoreCore. Im strictly HB and dont really have much interest in using set systems anymore. As I have been down that road for many decades and to be honest, got bored with DM the same old archetypes and i find 90% of them very railroady and stale. We started our HB project around D&D 3.5 and has been a labor of love for many years until it became a finished product.

Anyways, what im getting at is when COVID hit, it basically fragmented our weekly group and we all were looking for a way to get our HB system playable online with a VTT. Those other guys had xml/html scripting which me nor my group had much experience with (plus i discovered some social drama from competition). Anyways, we were frustrated as we were all starting to think we would have to go back to core systems (urrgh, no offense peeps) but all that work was going to be for naught. And plus we love what we have designed. I was in charge of FG research and after lots of exploring i thought the CoreRPG system was a good as we could get.

Boy was I wrong. "Hmmm, whats this MoreCore thing" the noob pondered one morning at 4am. I was about to uninstall FG as its not what i wanted, a fantastic piece of software, just not for me. Oh well i thought, lets read up.
    It took a bit for it to click but once it did, man am i impressed. This MoreCore system is amazing for HB. An absolute must have. Im so impressed with all the hard work and thought that went into this. It was like it was built for me and our HB. I can do it all. Everything i could do at a real table.
    So basically this whole rambling post is a sincere ty to the MoreCore team and their wonderful .PAK. You all saved my group, my table and my game. I still haven't discovered all the MoreCore potential, everyday i mess around and read the forums i discover a new feature. Incredible. Ill be honest if MoreCore gets pushed to the back burner i will no longer sub to FG. I subbed to FG because of MCore and will probably never use the other systems it comes with.

Ty MoreCore team!

Rocksfall.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vvZODvv View Post
    Hey Damned. I posted this in the SotDL thread but didn't get a response from SuperTeddy ... not sure if it needs to be in that thread or this one:

When opening an ability in the Talent box on the character sheet, it now shows the word "Feature" under the name of the Talent. Unlocking the ability box doesn't allow access to edit a new field called Feature - the word just hangs out there.

Screenshot (99).jpg
    Ive not used it before. What should it do?

Thread Information