STAR TREK 2d20
    Meliath1742 I feel ya. I have similar frustrations with Solar System's opposed rolls and its Harm track. Especially since it's possible for a character to have, for example, 3 Harm in Vigor and 5 Harm in Instinct, and not have 1, 2 or 4 Harm in anything.

As far as the opposed rolls, I think we just accept that automation can't take us all the way. Let FG post the attacker's and target's separate results, then compare them manually to calculate Harm.

For Harm, I'm using Effects as reminder-type flags on the Combat Tracker, an array of radio buttons for the Harm Track on the Character Sheet, and /mod Rolls on the Character Sheet that the player will manually click before rolling actions that are penalized. It's a bit clunky, but do-able.

I thought about linking the Harm penalties to be automatically applied by appropriate Ability Rolls, but it turns out that it won't work with SS because we have to separate the Roll that calculates how many extra dice should apply to the ability roll from the ability Roll itself. However, it's something that you might be able to do for SWd6, maybe?

(ps. damned, no, I don't have a CS to share, yet. I'm suuuuper slow, but I'll get there. )

Blog Entries
    Without really understanding everything that the two of you are writing I think that there are elements in the Fragged Empire (Im waiting on someone to verify that it is all working again with the current MoreCore build) extension that could be adapted to the things you are talking abut....
    I would consider writing a WEG extension for MoreCore that has more features if you (being someone other than me) does a really good job of explaining how everything should work and giving me pics etc to work from and answers all my questions...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Without really understanding everything that the two of you are writing I think that there are elements in the Fragged Empire (Im waiting on someone to verify that it is all working again with the current MoreCore build) extension that could be adapted to the things you are talking abut....
    I would consider writing a WEG extension for MoreCore that has more features if you (being someone other than me) does a really good job of explaining how everything should work and giving me pics etc to work from and answers all my questions...
    Hmm, not an expert but using the pdf I might be able to get you started on understanding how the WEG system handles damage (injury).

First off, anytime the rules refer to "D" it means a d6 (that's all the system really uses). The image below shows a typical Strength and some associated skills. The 3D (or 3d6) next to Strength is the base die roll for all the skills beneath it except for those skills that have been improved (Climbing/Jumping 4D).

CS d6 Description.PNG

So, when a character takes damage they roll an opposed Strength roll vs the Damage. If the character’s Strength roll is higher than the damage roll, there’s no effect. If the damage roll is equal to or higher, the difference determines the severity of the injury.

Damage vs Strength Result Chart

0-3 Stunned
    4-8 Wounded
    9-12 Incapacitated
    13-15 Mortally Wounded
    16+ Killed

Injury Affects

Stunned: Character suffers penalty of -1D to Skill and Attribute rolls for the rest of the current round and for the next round as well. Although the penalty is removed after the second round, the character is still "affected" by it for a full 30 minutes. If a character is being “affected” from a number of stuns equal to the number before the “D” for the character’s Strength (a 3 in the image), the character is knocked unconscious for 2D minutes.

Wounded: Wounded characters fall prone and can take no actions for the rest of the round. The character suffers a penalty of −1D to skill and attribute rolls until he is healed. A character who is wounded a second time is "Wounded Twice".

Wounded Twice: A character who’s wounded twice falls prone and can take no actions for the rest of the round. The character suffers a penalty of −2D to all skill and attribute rolls until he is healed. A wounded twice character who is wounded again is "Incapacitated".

Incapacitated: An incapacitated character falls prone and is knocked unconscious for 10D minutes. The character can’t do anything until healed. An incapacitated character who is wounded or incapacitated again becomes "Mortally Wounded".

Mortally Wounded: A mortally wounded character falls prone and is unconscious. The character can’t do anything until healed. The character may die — at the end of each round, roll 2D. If the roll is less than the number of rounds that the character has been mortally wounded, the character dies. A mortally wounded character who is incapacitated or mortally wounded again is killed.

Killed: Roll up a new character...

Hope this is helpful. Question away!
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 14th, 2019 at 11:11.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meliath1742 View Post

So, when a character takes damage they roll an opposed Strength roll vs the Damage. If the character’s Strength roll is higher than the damage roll, there’s no effect. If the damage roll is equal to or higher, the difference determines the severity of the injury.

Damage vs Strength Result Chart

1-3 Stunned
    4-8 Wounded
    9-12 Incapacitated
    13-15 Mortally Wounded
    16+ Killed
    You say equal, but if equal the difference is 0 and that's not on your table? So is it equal or is it higher than? (or should the table be 0-3 Stunned?)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You say equal, but if equal the difference is 0 and that's not on your table? So is it equal or is it higher than? (or should the table be 0-3 Stunned?)
    So, I figured that might raise a question. The table for the difference actually shows the "greater than or equals to" sign in the title but the table starts with "1-3". The rules say "if the Strength roll is greater than the damage there is no effect". I suspect the table doesn't show "0-3" because it might confuse people (how can there be a difference of zero?). So, the table shows 1-3 but the table's title shows shows greater than or equal to. In closing, if the Strength equals the Damage the character is Stunned.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

I would tend to rule it the other way.
    Numbers are precise while words may or may not be...
    I can't see why the table couldn't start with 0-3, the mechanics behind the scenes are the same unless I'm missing something. I searched for errata to see if the chart was in error. Couldn't find anything...yet.

UPDATE: Found this link which confirms the 0-3 chart!
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 14th, 2019 at 10:08.

Blog Entries

Name/height/weight/sex/age/description are all text only and have no mechnical value?

What does the D+# mean in the attributes?
    3D is 3d6
    What is 3D+1?

So if I have Dexterity 3D
    and Dodge 2D
    does that mean when Im using a Blaster I roll 3d6
    but when Im Dodging I roll 5d6?

What does the result of my roll mean?
    If I roll 2/1/2 what do I report?
    If I roll 1/1/1 or 6/6/6 does it report something different?

What are Force Points?
    What are Dark Side Points?
    How do you use them?
    How should the game report their usage?
    How do you gain them?

Same with Skill Points...
    What are they? How do you use them? How should it be reported?

How does Combat Work?
    Is it different for NPCs attacking vs Players attacking?
    Do you only roll for damage/strength after getting hit?
    How do you know if the attack is a hit?

Do you track ammo?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name/height/weight/sex/age/description are all text only and have no mechnical value? Correct. Any species modifiers will be spelled out under that species description.

What does the D+# mean in the attributes?
    3D is 3d6
    What is 3D+1?
    The +# represents a modifier that a particular species or template (archetype) comes with or perhaps an advancement after spending Character Points. So 3D+1 is 3d6+1 where the 1 is added to the final roll.

So if I have Dexterity 3D
    and Dodge 2D
    does that mean when Im using a Blaster I roll 3d6
    but when Im Dodging I roll 5d6?
    Correct. Your Dodge would be written as 5D

What does the result of my roll mean? Success or Failure depending if it equals or exceeds the Difficulty Number assigned by the GM.
    If I roll 2/1/2 what do I report? Total of 5
    If I roll 1/1/1 or 6/6/6 does it report something different? They are a straight up addition, so in your example it would be a 3 or 18 unless the Wild Die is a 1 or 6!

THE WILD DIE

One of the dice you roll should be of a different color than the others. This is called your “Wild Die.” Anytime you roll skill or attribute dice, pay special attention to what you roll on the Wild Die. If the Wild Die comes up as a 2, 3, 4 or 5, just add it to the total normally. If the Wild Die comes up as a 6, you add the six to your score, but also tell the gamemaster. He will have you roll that die
    again — add the new roll to your score, too. If it comes up as a 6 again, add the six and roll the die again — and keep on doing so
    as long as you get sixes. If the Wild Die comes up as a 1, tell the gamemaster. He will have you do one of three things:

• Just add it to the total normally
    • Subtract that die and your other highest die from the total
    • Add it to the total normally, but the gamemaster will warn you that a complication happened — something unusual (and probably bad) has happened that livens things up for your character.

What are Force Points? Beginning characters start with 1 (non force sensitive) or 2 (force sensitive) Force points. Force Points are awarded for being heroic. When you spend a Force Point, that means your character is using all of his concentration to succeed — and whether he knows it or not, he is drawing upon the Force! When you spend a Force Point, you get to roll double the number of dice you would normally roll in a round. You can only spend one Force Point per round and you have to say so before you roll any dice. You can’t spend any Character Points in the same round when you spend a Force Point.

What are Dark Side Points? Characters get Dark Side Points for doing evil. If a character gets enough Dark Side Points, he or she turns to the dark side of the Force and will likely become a gamemaster character; the player must create a new character.

How do you use them? By simply declaring their use before you take an action.
    How should the game report their usage? <Character Name> is using a Force Point!
    How do you gain them? Awarded by the GM

Same with Skill Points...
    What are they? How do you use them? How should it be reported?
    Ok, I don't actually find "Skill Points" in the latest d6 rules. Instead there are "Character Points" and I believe this what the CS image you uploaded should reflect. Skill Points may have been from an earlier edition (I'll keep checking to be sure). Character Points can be used to add an additional die to a very important roll or they can be used to advance skills later on. These are awarded by the GM and need to be tracked. If used for adding a die to a roll it would simply state "<character name> is using a Character Point!"

Example: The stormtroopers have taken cover. Now Rojo needs to roll a 20 to hit them. She rolls her blaster skill of 4D+1 and gets 17 — a miss. Rojo decides to spend one Character Point (she only has four left). Now, she rolls the extra die and gets a 4. She adds this to her blaster roll of 17, raising the total to 21. Rojo hits another stormtrooper.

How does Combat Work?
    For every task (including shooting a Stormtrooper) the GM and will decide what the difficulty numbers are. The chart below lists the six levels of difficulty and the numbers associated with them. Roll the appropriate skill or attribute dice. If your roll is equal to or greater than the difficulty number, your character succeeds. If it’s lower, your character fails.

Difficulty Difficulty Number
    Very Easy 1-5
    Easy 6-10
    Moderate 11-15
    Difficult 16-20
    Very Difficult 21-30
    Heroic 31+

Is it different for NPCs attacking vs Players attacking? No
    Do you only roll for damage/strength after getting hit? Yes
    How do you know if the attack is a hit? See Difficulty Numbers above (assigned by GM)

Do you track ammo? The rules state that ammo is not generally tracked
    Please understand I haven't played this system since the late 80's and I'm relying on my ability to verify this info in the rules pdf. I'll try to limit the mistakes!

Using Character Points for Advancement

IMPROVING SKILLS

Skills. It costs as many Character Points as the number before the “D” to improve a skill’s die code by one pip. (Increasing a skill from a “+2” to the next higher die — from 3D+2 to 4D for example — counts as a one pip improvement.) A character can only improve a skill one pip between each adventure, although the character may improve more than one skill between adventures.

Example: Thannik has a search skill of 4D. It costs 4 Character Points to improve search to 4D+1. At the end of an adventure, Thannik can improve his search skill from 4D to 4D+1 for four Character Points and his space transports skill from 4D+2 to 5D
    for four Character Points. However, Thannik can’t improve his search skill from 4D to 4D+2 in one jump because that would
    mean improving the skill more than one pip
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 14th, 2019 at 23:17.

Blog Entries
    What do NPC sheets look like?
    What stats do they have?
    What stats do they roll?

How exactly does combat work?
    What info would you include in the CT?

Thread Information