DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 329 First ... 513141516172565115 ... Last
    Has anyone been able to create the HackMaster penetrating dice script yet? I'm going to be running a HackMaster 4e game and that would be very beneficial for use. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer to do it myself. I did take a brief look at the base.xml but it looks to be over my head.
    Character background is what happens between levels one and six.

-- Gary Gygax

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chadhill View Post
    Sorry about that short response, I have a little more time now. Yes, I find the NPC rolls EXTREMELY useful. This makes the Role Playing much more enjoyable for me and my players. My games are much more story oriented and subtle changes and differences are "bread and butter". The NPC rolls make it wonderfully easier to customize my NPCs on the fly, and taken hours off pre-prep time for me. I am not so good at typing, so this is wonderful. Thank You!!!!
    Please post a screenshot or two

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargamer777 View Post
    Has anyone been able to create the HackMaster penetrating dice script yet? I'm going to be running a HackMaster 4e game and that would be very beneficial for use. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer to do it myself. I did take a brief look at the base.xml but it looks to be over my head.
    Please describe it in detail.

Basically it is the exploding dice script wit the modification, that a "-1" modifier is added to each re-rolled die. This ensures that also re-rolled dice have more linear results e.g. d6p - that is how penetrating is written - comes up with a 6 and a 1 in the re-roll it is still a 6. Otherwise a 6 would always be a 7 as the 1 as a reroll is sure and it would be impossible to roll a 6.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Imiri. Does it accept modifiers? Is there a limit on the number of rerolls? Can all dice explode? Is it only a particular deice type?

It does accept modifiers.

There is no limit to the number of re-rolls.

All dice (types) can explode/penetrade. But not every roll uses this. It adds a "p" to the notation. So d6 and d6p are different in this. [There is a remark in the book, that d20 penetrades with d6 and d100 with d20 but i never had that so far I am not sure if it needs to be in the dice roller]

hello is posible to :
    add rnk in Attributes / skill
    or Atk Dmg ?
    for play L5R 4e
    ty for you job ,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XenophageX View Post
    hello is posible to :
    add rnk in Attributes / skill
    or Atk Dmg ?
    for play L5R 4e
    ty for you job ,
    yes - i dont see why not.
    its all there already.
    you can call the frame whatever you like, you can call the roll whatever you like - just use the right syntax in the dice roller part.
    let me know how you go.

Blog Entries
    Hi XenophageX I would ignore everything other than the MoreCore tab for most of your character stats.
    Watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbWs7Lw9aXg&t=4s
    Create it as a Roll.
    Attacks was the first iteration and really only accepts the following:
    description [Optional Description] simpledice,
    like: Long Sword [A] 1d20+2, Long Sword [D] 1d8+2,
    Rolls will allow you to use all those strings.
    At the moment only the attack strings above or the /damage roll will let you drag and drop damage that adds properly (other drag and drop rolls will replace the damage).
    I hope that makes sense?

Thread Information