DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 329 First ... 412131415162464114 ... Last
    I have a suggestion, (I don't know if it is even possible) create a "Roll" that can work "Templates". I have some kick-@$$ damage tables that gives a detailed and different STORY for each attack of several weapon types used, with different numerical and descriptive damage results every time it is generated. Is it possible to create a short cut button that will generate the templates without opening the actual "Template" window? I was just using a standard damage roll for each weapon, but then I figured out the "Table" string, WOW, but it does not give the whole "STORY", which is the focus of play. Just wondering, Thanks.

Chadhill, I am working on an extension that will do that, among many other things, but it won't be ready for some time. The solution I'm working will still use tables, but there is also a new class, called a Generator, that adds additional wrapper capability to a table to handle sexing up the output akin to what you are asking for. Now, as for making attack rolls automatically link to such a thing... well, I haven't planned to do anything in that regard. It would be possible, however, to write an extension into the combat tracker (I think, but haven't investigated) that would do it....

Wow, that's awesome, I realized that linking "Attack rolls" was a little much, so I figured I would just use the shortcut in lue of the damage roll and attack as usual. But boy, I can already figure out how to make that work with just a few linking tables to what I already have. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hi chadhill and Bidmaron - I have not yet even looked at story templates and cannot see myself doing so at any time in the near future... however if it can be called via a command line switch then I should be able to add support for it to MoreCore. As you point out a few versions ago we introduced the ability to use the /rollon and save those into the Rolls database and to store them on the character sheet. I know Bidmaron has mentioned command line in one of the other threads so we shall see where that ends up.

Hey, damned. What I intend to do is have Generators serve kind of like story templates except that the output can be directed to a note as well as story entries. More importantly, generators will have a tab where the output can be directed and archived (or not). My work hours don't let me work on the extension as much as I'd like.

I know the feeling, I only get a couple of hours every couple days, most research is via my phone on my breaks at work.

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    *delete*
    Last edited by Waldbaer; January 10th, 2017 at 22:01. Reason: delete

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi chadhill have you seen the NPC Rolls in the Combat Tracker for the latest build? Do you find it useful?
    YES, very much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi chadhill have you seen the NPC Rolls in the Combat Tracker for the latest build? Do you find it useful?
    Sorry about that short response, I have a little more time now. Yes, I find the NPC rolls EXTREMELY useful. This makes the Role Playing much more enjoyable for me and my players. My games are much more story oriented and subtle changes and differences are "bread and butter". The NPC rolls make it wonderfully easier to customize my NPCs on the fly, and taken hours off pre-prep time for me. I am not so good at typing, so this is wonderful. Thank You!!!!

Thread Information