DICE PACKS BUNDLE

I am having the same problem. The /myinit roll seems to be ignoring any modifier; including the one supposed to synch with the combat tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    There is an issue with /myinit ignoring the modifier. Ill have a fix in the next update.
    Thanks! It's an awesome product, I'm looking forward to working with it more.

Hi damned,
    I just wanted to drop a note here to say thanks for the video instructions in your latest series on Youtube. You are churning them out like a machine! I believe it is video no. 13 now. Great stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Szabtom View Post
    Hi damned,
    I just wanted to drop a note here to say thanks for the video instructions in your latest series on Youtube. You are churning them out like a machine! I believe it is video no. 13 now. Great stuff.
    Hey Szabtom - yes 13 so far and there is a small number to go yet. By the time they are done there will be a fully functional B/X D&D Retro Clone and full instructions on how I did it. I believe that most of what I go thru in the videos is explained well enough to be replicated, adapted and reused in whatever system you want to build for.
    I think combining some programming with the features of MoreCore can give you a much easier entry point to getting a pretty decently functioning ruleset.

These videos are killing me though! I cant wait to get them finished. They might look like a 7mins video but sometimes the content takes me 20 hours to nut out!

I have a question about your text writing into the icon buttons in the first video. How do you tell it the words to write? I've looked for some source but can't find anything. The reason I ask is if I wanted to change something like Characters to Agents and Quests to Missions how would I do that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I have a question about your text writing into the icon buttons in the first video. How do you tell it the words to write? I've looked for some source but can't find anything. The reason I ask is if I wanted to change something like Characters to Agents and Quests to Missions how would I do that?
    Hi esmdev

You need to use the data_library_dbd.lua file so that it knows how to do this.
    It then uses the strings that are used as Tooltips as the words on the button rather than just as tooltips.
    The strings would be:
    <string name="library_recordtype_label_charsheet">Agents</string>
    <string name="library_recordtype_label_quest">Missions</string>

Nifty, thanks so much for the info and the videos.

Hey Szabtom - yes 13 so far and there is a small number to go yet. By the time they are done there will be a fully functional B/X D&D Retro Clone and full instructions on how I did it.
    Wow, the reason I started my project was to have a D&D basic / simple OSR ruleset in MoreCore. Christmas is truly coming!

I believe that most of what I go thru in the videos is explained well enough to be replicated, adapted and reused in whatever system you want to build for.
    I think combining some programming with the features of MoreCore can give you a much easier entry point to getting a pretty decently functioning ruleset.
    Yes, now that I have dipped my toes into this, I fully agree.

These videos are killing me though! I cant wait to get them finished. They might look like a 7mins video but sometimes the content takes me 20 hours to nut out!
    I can only imagine... But do not burn yourself out, man! I (and other forumites here) will still have tons questions and need you!
    Last edited by Szabtom; November 30th, 2018 at 12:23. Reason: spelling

Anyone have an idea how to code a dice string that takes 2d12 plus one other die (d6.d8.d10.d12, or d20) and keeps only the best 2 dice?

Thread Information