FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi mate - I apologise for the work involved in updating - it will be worth it for sure though!
    Im still working on spells - it might take another week or two though... am still happy to take some advice/feedback on spells!
    Apologize??? Absolutely not! You are really doing a wonderful work with MoreCore.
    Regarding the spell system, take all time you need. Just a question (dumb question due to my ignorance about programming language in FG): why it's not possible to use rolls in spell library? I mean... i can place description, costs, level, etc, but cannot generate rolls. It's just for curiosity, nothing more then this.

Hi damned,

I just finished watching the first video in your new series. First of all, a big thank you for doing the series!

My first attempt at creating an extension will be a generic fantasy theme for MoreCore. I like the 5e ruleset's look and plan to use the graphics assets. (For personal use only). Are there any programming conflicts or incompatibilities that I should look out for? e.g. nomenclature, file/folder structure, etc.

Also, is there anything in MoreCore that I would want to mod for my fantasy theme but does not have an asset in the 5e ruleset? I counted 28 elements in the 5e graphics\sidebar folder (each having a png for normal state and another one for pressed state, total 56), and I counted 36 files in the MoreCore folder. These seem to not have "down" versions so am I going to need some extra assets for some of the sidebar buttons?
    Last edited by Szabtom; November 18th, 2018 at 01:07. Reason: spelling

Ok peoples.
    Ive just posted v1.47 and it has a couple of big changes.

The first is Roll Parameters.

Fantastic!

PS: Too bad this update broke my Conan 2d20 extension, but it is me who did some shortcuts to avoid excessive coding Looking at the roll parameters, I am considering to spend some time to evaluate whether to migrate to pure MoreCore sheet template and keep only the theme (as Jolly did) or keep two MoreCore rulesets in parallel.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Fantastic!

PS: Too bad this update broke my Conan 2d20 extension, but it is me who did some shortcuts to avoid excessive coding Looking at the roll parameters, I am considering to spend some time to evaluate whether to migrate to pure MoreCore sheet template and keep only the theme (as Jolly did) or keep two MoreCore rulesets in parallel.
    I made some changes to mine too. I ended up going almost pure MoreCore, with slight changes to the character sheet (added a doom/momentum tracker) The parameters pretty much does everything else i needed it to do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Szabtom View Post
    Hi damned,

I just finished watching the first video in your new series. First of all, a big thank you for doing the series!

My first attempt at creating an extension will be a generic fantasy theme for MoreCore. I like the 5e ruleset's look and plant to use the graphics assets. (For personal use only). Are there any programming conflicts or incompatibilities that I should look out for? e.g. nomenclature, file/folder structure, etc.

Also, is there anything in MoreCore that I would want to mod for my fantasy theme but does not have an asset in the 5e ruleset? I counted 28 elements in the 5e graphics\sidebar folder (each having a png for normal state and another one for pressed state, total 56), and I counted 36 files in the MoreCore folder. These seem to not have "down" versions so am I going to need some extra assets for some of the sidebar buttons?
    Szabtom - I think you will find that SmiteWorks are ok with you reusing their art assets in an extension that is free so please do proceed and please do share your work.

Theme elements take a long time to create so I try to use as few elements as possible and save my creative energy. I think I use the one Down button for all the large campaign tool buttons in the default theme but that is super easy to change back.

Blog Entries
    Fantastic!

Again - my apologies. Generally I avoid making changes that will affect campaign data or themes but pulling the flip frames into another tab is going to make it much easier for people to create new extensions in the future.

For the Roll Parameters I think you will find that they are well worth spending a little time updating your existing rolls and characters - these will save you time and make it much easier for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    I made some changes to mine too. I ended up going almost pure MoreCore, with slight changes to the character sheet (added a doom/momentum tracker) The parameters pretty much does everything else i needed it to do.
    The main showstopper for me are the PC and NPC sheets. The one that Ogedei started I took and enhanced further, adding things that my player wanted (checkboxes for wounds and etc), plus fixing the rolls for NPC and other things behind the scene. I can do super fast session prep by just copying data from RW to FG without doing those pesky strings for rolls.

It might be possible to translate the attached into pure MoreCore and see what the result is. Do you have empty template I can check?

Again - my apologies. Generally I avoid making changes that will affect campaign data or themes but pulling the flip frames into another tab is going to make it much easier for people to create new extensions in the future.

For the Roll Parameters I think you will find that they are well worth spending a little time updating your existing rolls and characters - these will save you time and make it much easier for the players.
    This big update is worth the pain to find and fix the error on my end. Looking forward to start experimenting with the new stuffs
    I really like how MoreCore is going and while I haven't read all the code, I would suggest some refactoring and clarity of the code for modders.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Damned,
    When I get further along with the project, I will be sure to contact Smiteworks regarding the assets.
    About the buttons and such - I will come back with a more concrete question later, when I have examined MoreCore in a bit more detail.

Blog Entries
    The main showstopper for me are the PC and NPC sheets. The one that Ogedei started I took and enhanced further, adding things that my player wanted (checkboxes for wounds and etc), plus fixing the rolls for NPC and other things behind the scene. I can do super fast session prep by just copying data from RW to FG without doing those pesky strings for rolls.

It might be possible to translate the attached into pure MoreCore and see what the result is. Do you have empty template I can check?

This big update is worth the pain to find and fix the error on my end. Looking forward to start experimenting with the new stuffs
    I really like how MoreCore is going and while I haven't read all the code, I would suggest some refactoring and clarity of the code for modders.
    Valyar - as these sheets replace most of the MoreCore elements you will probably just have to hide anything new - and Im not sure there is anything new on the MoreCore tab - most of the changes there were things being removed and put on the new MoreData tab. Im pretty sure the MoreData tab wont show for you with this extension unless you add it in manually as you are overwriting record_char.xml where the MoreData gets included from.

Its quite possible there are few or no errors...

It is exactly what I did, I hid your MoreCore components. The in-place upgrade to the new version was flawless with the exception of combat tracker issue. I Circumvented by dirty hack, this time totally replacing the xml file in my extension (because in Conan there is no roll for initiative and empty value gives error when dragging to CT)

5 min work

Thread Information