FG Spreadshirt Swag
    The bees are looking pretty good this year, I would be interested in getting Harn off the ground at some stage, it is my favorite of all the RPG's. Thanks for your help, look forward to get something going at some stage.
    Last edited by Mac77; October 13th, 2018 at 21:39.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdog45 View Post
    I found out I had to do that. Now that I have all I have to do is figure out how to change this part of the script to what I want... wish me luck... I think I did a good job just getting this far since I didn't even know what LUA was until five minutes ago.

function getDiceResults(rRoll)
    nTotal = 0;

local save = tonumber(rRoll.nSave);
    Debug.console("Save (dropresults): ", save);

for _,v in ipairs(rRoll.aDice) do
    nTotal = nTotal + v.result;
    Debug.console("rRoll.nMod 1: ", rRoll.nMod);
    end
    nTotal = nTotal + rRoll.nMod;

Debug.console("rRoll.nMod 1a: ", rRoll.nMod);

if nTotal > save then
    Debug.console("Failed: ", save, nTotal);
    if nTotal % 5 == 0 then
    sSaveResult = "Critical Failure";
    elseif nTotal % 5 ~= 0 then
    sSaveResult = "Failure";
    end
    elseif nTotal <= save then
    if nTotal % 5 == 0 then
    sSaveResult = "Critical Success";
    elseif nTotal % 5 ~= 0 then
    sSaveResult = "Success";
    end
    end

Debug.console("sSaveResult: ", sSaveResult);

rRoll.aTotal = nTotal;
    rRoll.aSave = save;
    rRoll.aSaveResult = sSaveResult;
    return rRoll;
    end
    hey kevdog45 how far did you get with this?
    Lets get the roll into MoreCore so other can use it too!

Greetings, I could use your help.

I've just started watching videos on MoreCore but I haven't been able to find the dice mechanic string for what I am looking for.

The new Wrath & Glory RPG uses the core dice mechanic as follows: (Which is public knowledge as they posted it on their website)

Roll your dice pool of D6's. Any dice resulting 4 or 5 counts as one icon; a representation of success. A dice that results in a 6 is called an exalted icon, and counts as two icons. One of the die in the pool is a Wrath die. If the Wrath die is a 1 then a complication occurs. If the Wrath die is a 6 then a Critical may occur.

I won't get into how many Icons are needed to succeed on the test, because that varies each roll. The main thing I need is for when the string is rolled for it to state the number of icons... or at least have one die in the pool different from the rest. Even if there was a string out there like /successes 6d6x4 but where one of the die can be a different color or something.

Is this possible in MoreCore? If so what is the string code required? Thanks to any help you can provide.
    Last edited by TalonKaine; October 13th, 2018 at 20:27.

Blog Entries
    Hi TalonKaine for most of these Rolls I write them based on the info provided. I dont play the games so I rarely have first hand input into them as to how they are working at the tabletop. And then... I forget most of what was told to me because... well Im getting old and forgetful and I need that room for something new... anyways - have a look at these Character Sheets - download and import them - and see if they answer your question on how to use the rolls - there are several in there for Wrath & Glory - skill rolls and damage rolls.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post409166

Just a thought regarding the Trenloe's older excellent Star Wars (FFG) ruleset.

I know it is a lot of work to update. Has it ever been considered (as it is a community ruleset) to take the dice rolling mechanic and graphics and move it in to Morecore? That would also provide functionality for Genesys.

Now I don't know what that would take to do or even if it is possible (it may need to be in Options that you check; due to the way it changes the whole dice roll area which would vastly increase the work or complexity).

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joeblack1863 View Post
    I know it is a lot of work to update. Has it ever been considered (as it is a community ruleset) to take the dice rolling mechanic and graphics and move it in to Morecore? That would also provide functionality for Genesys.
    It's not been considered from my point of view. Primarily because the Star Wars EotE ruleset (and the Genesys extension) are so much more than just the dice as relates to those two RPG systems - the combat tracker (lots of functionality, but primarily initiative slots not being tied to a specific PC/NPC and tracking actors using one of those slots), applying damage/stress, minion/rival/nemesis functionality, library modules designed specifically for the ruleset data structure, and many other pieces of functionality. So, spending a lot of time to move some functionality into MoreCore would end up giving some more CoreRPG based functionality, but would end up with less functionality for a lot of work. As has been mentioned, the Star Wars EotE ruleset is slowly being updated to work with CoreRPG...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Cheers Trenloe,

Thought it might be, thanks for the swift reply; nice to know it is being updated (even if slowly, as time permits).

(As an aside, like what you are doing with the PF2 ruleset, especially the character creation, really good. And with the rules being a moving target, even more impressive.)

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joeblack1863 View Post
    (As an aside, like what you are doing with the PF2 ruleset, especially the character creation, really good. And with the rules being a moving target, even more impressive.)
    Thanks!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

A potential future MoreCore update.

The /weg roller appears to correctly handle when a 1 is rolled on the wild die, when the left die as displayed in the chat box is a 1, a Blunder message is provided. If a one is rolled in any other position and not in the first position then the blunder message is not provided. I assume the left most die is therefore the wild die. The wild die should likewise explode if it is a 6. Currently, all the die will explode no matter what their position as displayed in the chat. This is not the correct function for the OpenD6 rules though I must confess I do not have the WEG Star Wars rules so I cannot confirm how those dice are supposed to function. It should be pointed out that when only a singe die is rolled then that die is a wild die.

For consideration,
    Best Regards,
    Jerry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlynrian View Post
    A potential future MoreCore update.

The /weg roller appears to correctly handle when a 1 is rolled on the wild die, when the left die as displayed in the chat box is a 1, a Blunder message is provided. If a one is rolled in any other position and not in the first position then the blunder message is not provided. I assume the left most die is therefore the wild die. The wild die should likewise explode if it is a 6. Currently, all the die will explode no matter what their position as displayed in the chat. This is not the correct function for the OpenD6 rules though I must confess I do not have the WEG Star Wars rules so I cannot confirm how those dice are supposed to function. It should be pointed out that when only a singe die is rolled then that die is a wild die.

For consideration,
    Best Regards,
    Jerry
    Hey Hlynrian thanks for your feedback.
    I need some clarification - I just make the Rolls based on what people tell me - and this happens a lot - people tell me one thing and others tell me something else.
    Can you please find one or more sources in rulebooks and copy/paste the relevant info for me?
    2 sources would be awesome if possible!

thanks
    Damian

Thread Information