STAR TREK 2d20
    Okay, I've found a workaround that I can use. Thank you.

New question - is there a place to 'park' rolls for grabbing by others? In the 5e rule set you could do this in a Class. Just drag and drop the class features onto your sheet. Can you do that with a MoreCore roll? If so, where? Abilities seems to be descriptive only.

Blog Entries
    1. You can build libraries of Rolls in the Rolls campaign tool.
    2. You can build a generic character with all the standard Rolls and duplicate it in the Characters window by dragging/dropping the generic character multiple times
    3. You can build a single character with all the Rolls and drag and drop them from that Character to other Characters
    4. You can build an extension that preloads all the Rolls - see the MoreCore - Trail of Cthulhu extension or the MoreCore - Low Fantasy Gaming extension
    5. You can now build Classes within MoreCore but they dont have any Automation because MoreCore is generic. You can store the Rolls in the Class description and/or indicate what Rolls the character has access to at each level.

Now... caveat.
    Roll Parameters are a huge feature of Rolls.
    If you drag a Roll that uses the (a)(b)(c) parameters (as opposed to (p1)(p2)(p3) which are within that same roll) those links will break and will need to be reset up with options 1, 3, 5. Option 2 will keep the links intact and Option 4 creates the roll on that character at initialisation and the links will be correct.

Hope that helps.

What are you looking to run?

I'm pretty close to WEG D6 Star Wars. Figured out the die roller using parameters, and have found a way to substitute the Multiple Action Penalty that seems to work.

I need to work through the videos on customizing the fields, their names, etc, then work on something to bulk import the data.

Pretty close though and should be ready when my 5e campaign wraps up.

I'm not all that skilled with Discord, but you can friend me if you'd like - hoggy#5269

I am looking to count the number of Effects that a pc/npc has within the Combat Tracker so I can then work through them and determine which ones affect an attack roll (for example). Not having any joy in determining the code structure needed to do this. Any help is appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    I am looking to count the number of Effects that a pc/npc has within the Combat Tracker so I can then work through them and determine which ones affect an attack roll (for example). Not having any joy in determining the code structure needed to do this. Any help is appreciated.
    I havent done anything like that so this will be suggestions only.

All Effects code in MoreCore is actually in... CoreRPG. Unpack CoreRPG and find the effects code there.
    And create a few Effects with unique names, type /save in chat and then have a look at the db.xml This will show you what the code looks like in the database which is what you will be iterating thru.

Blog Entries
    So I see FG version 3.3.10 has dropped. Will you need to update MoreCore? I ask because I'm currently working on an extension, so I'm wondering if I need to chill for a bit until the new version of the ruleset is ready.

In a related tangent, what does everyone use for a file comparison tool? If there's a new version of the ruleset I'll need to compare some of the files from 1.52 with their counterparts in the new version to see what I need to change.

Thanks!

~P

Blog Entries
    Hi Phystus

I hope to release a new build this weekend.
    Most of the changes will be around World Builder and Investigator plus a couple of Roll updates.
    I havent yet looked at the radial menu changes - will need to get on top of that.

What are you working on?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I havent done anything like that so this will be suggestions only.

All Effects code in MoreCore is actually in... CoreRPG. Unpack CoreRPG and find the effects code there.
    And create a few Effects with unique names, type /save in chat and then have a look at the db.xml This will show you what the code looks like in the database which is what you will be iterating thru.
    Thanks for the info.

I have now managed to sort out what I needed to do using a customised Manager_Effects.lua file.

Now I need to work on getting an effect to have a variable modifier number.

Thread Information