FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries
    Thanks damned. Makes sense now, looking at the error message.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    OK, I need someone to give this a quick look and see if the format looks correct. I think it is because it DOES shows the base skill vs a d100 roll and it pulls the Modifier which is the P1 entry that is the a1 in the final Attack string but it doesn't include it in the actual roll.

Basically, with the /harn roll, you need to roll 1d100 under the skill level (in this case 48) and that works fine, BUT I need it to also pull the Current Injury Level Modifier #2 (in this case +15) and add that to the final roll. In the final Dice String #3, it does show the full "/harn 1d100x48+15" and everything appears to be successfully linked to, but the +15 Modifier is not included in the final roll.

If I can get this to work it will some a TON of work tracking injuries, fatigue and few other things without them having to be manually applied before each roll.

@damned . . . I'm wondering if this is due the /harn roll being a 1d100 vs the rolled dice target # where is does not allow for any modifier in the base calculation????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    So two thing happening here Gunnar

The first is (as per the desc) /harn hasnt been coded to accept any command line modifiers
    The second is your order is whacked - mathematically the way you are doing this you just made the roll easier by your injury level - it ought to be /harn 1d100+(a)x(p1)

However this wont work because of the first point
    I will recode the roll for you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks damned. Honestly I hadn't thought about the order since I wasn't sure where the mod would try to alter the result. This string was just a test to see if the data would pull from the various fields I was trying to link to and when I saw it pull the 15 into the dice string I got stumped.

Vampire v5 update

Hi damned

awhile back in this thread, (posts #1075 - #1090), you updated the CoD rule-set in MoreCore to allow for changes to the world of Darkness. I wanted to post this to ask if you could add in 4 changes that came about from Vampire 5th edition. I'll post the new rules and examples below.

Hunger:

Each player character’s hunger level is tracked using (preferably), off-color ten sided dice (one dice per level of hunger). It ranges from zero (content) to five (eat anything that looks like food). Whenever a roll is made, the player replaces regular dice with hunger dice. The number of dice replaced is determined by the player's current hunger level.

Example: Charles has a hunger level of three, and his player has three off-color dice on the character sheet. When it is time to roll for a task with five dice, Charles’ player substitutes three of those dice with Charles’ hunger dice. (the total number of dice required for the roll does not change, just the type of dice and number of that specific type of dice, based on current hunger).

Of note is the fact that (if i understand the rule correctly), Hunger dice are always the first dice to be rolled. in the above example, if only two dice were needed for the roll, both would be hunger dice.

Messy critical:

Whenever you score a critical and at least one ‘10’ (‘0’) comes from a hunger dice, the character’s
    true nature makes itself known. You perform the action as a "monster" would: killing someone you were trying to subdue, flashing fangs at someone you were trying to intimidate, feeding from someone you met when canvassing, etc.

Example: when perusing the archives, to find out if there have been any similar murders in the past, Paul’s player rolls two tens, one of which is on a hunger die. Engrossing himself in the archives, Paul uncovers plenty of information, but when the archivist checks up on him, Paul’s annoyance at being interrupted results in him breaking the archivist’s arm.

Bestial failure

If you fail your roll and at least one hunger die shows a ‘1’, the Hunger interferes with your action and
    the Beast manifests. You cause some kind of problem for you (and probably the coterie), just like with
    a messy critical, while also failing spectacularly.

If you fail to come up with something appropriate, stress increases your Hunger by one instead. \

Rouse checks

Hunger increases whenever a player fails a Rouse check, and decreases when the vampire feeds.
    Rouse checks are made whenever the vampire uses its Blood, and every evening when it rises from
    sleep. To make a Rouse check, simply roll one die, and if isn’t a success, the vampire’s Hunger increases by one.

Example: Paul wants a little extra on a roll to escape some hunters, and uses an ability to get an extra die. After the roll, regardless of success or failure rate, the player rolls a single die and increases Paul’s hunger by one if it shows 1-5.

Example: Juana wishes to ask the rats in an area to warn the group if someone approaches. This ability has a cost of one Rouse check, so Juana’s player rolls a single die and increases Juana’s hunger by one if it shows 1-5.

The Rouse check only determines if Hunger increases as a result. If it does, add the Hunger dice after the effect resolves.

Is there any way you could either create a new rule for these mechanics that could work in alongside your Chronicles of Darkness and/or World of Darkness rulesets that currently exist in MoreCore?

Blog Entries
    I reckon its possible...

But... if I do this its going to take me a good few hours - which I dont mind - but Im really looking for people to help me produce stuff (layered on MoreCore preferably but not essential) where if I build something for someone they expand on it, flesh it out, produce some accompanying material etc to help others play that system too.

People love D&D but they also want to play other games too.

I cant do these systems justice because time is finite and I already spend a lot of time on this and I dont know these other systems so its very hard for me to do something more full...

So thats where Im looking for others to help share the load and spread the love...

Some folks like mcortez, superteddy57, ogedei, trenloe, shotgunjolly and ianmward (and Im sure Ive missed some others) have started building and sharing some cool stuff on top of MoreCore.

It might be an SRD Library, some pregens, a theme, a full extension, an adventure etc - anything that is ok to share copyright wise...

For example Im building a fully functional (I think) Trail of Cthulhu extension and it would be awesome if someone takes it and updates it for Gumshoe and Esoterrorists.

Sound fair? BTW not singling you out at all... just trying to work out how to get more value from these things back for everyone to use and benefit from.

screenshot.jpg

Not sure if my search-fu is failing me or if it's just not implemented, but how would I use the Modifier value in a /rollon command? As an example, I have a table called "Godbound Damage" and might use a damage roll similar to the following (I vary the die type here depending on the type of attack, so I may need to override the default die type on the table) "/rollon Godbound Damage -d 1d10+(p1)+(a)+(b)". Where (p1) is set to a field I have for Magical or other Bonus to the roll, (a) is pulled in from the best Attribute Modifier to the roll and (b) is... well I just added that as a way to try to see if I could drag and drop the modifier field into there but that doesn't work, nor does "/rollon Godbound Damage -d 1d10+(p1)+(a)+(mod)" nor "/rollon Godbound Damage -d 1d10+(p1)+(a)+mod", just as things I tried on a lark. I should say the roll works properly it just doesn't do anything with the last field or otherwise read the modifier box for the roll. Am I using the incorrect syntax or is that just not even possible?

Also, as a feature request, would it be possible for the /followon roll to reference rolls created in the sheet instead of just in the "Rolls" section? I only ask because I'd love to be able to define a roll with fields that I do a followon with it. I can create the roll with fields from within a sheet but doing so on the "Rolls" section won't allow pulling in a field from a sheet (understandably, since those should be character agnostic). So for the above I might do something like "/followon Dual Katanas rollon Godbound Damage -d 1d10+(p1)+(a)" so if I create another roll on the sheet called "Dual Katanas" it would auto-roll the damage roll right after I made the attack roll (doesn't matter to me if the attack hits in this instance because I'm using FG at the tabletop but I can see other instances where this would be handy outside of an attack as well, it's just the example I have from what I'm working on for the moment.)
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    Hi guys - I need some people who are using the Trackers on the MoreData tab to test a new build for me.
    Making some changes there and Im trying to make sure they dont have any data impact.
    Please reply here or PM me.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Hi zarlor It doesnt work because of the Space in the Table name. Change the table to GodboundDamage and retry.
    I dont really use /followon personally but it should work on Rolls in the Character sheet.
    I dont know if it supports parameters... Ive not really tried it.

Actually the space isn't an issue at all, the roll works just fine with it (I originally tested without the space but found it works just fine with spaces anyway, so why not use it for readability ). The issue for me isn't that the roll doesn't work, but rather if there is any way to include the bonus from the Modifier box into a /rollon roll, is all. All of the rest of the roll works fine with parameters and all, I just couldn't work out how (or even if) there was a way to get it to include that Mod box modifier for the roll.

As for followon, I couldn't get it to recognize the name of a roll created by the name on the sheet (also tried without spaces originally). I tried creating a Roll in the Rolls section but noticed it wouldn't take parameters there so I didn't really try to use it any further than that. I just kind of assumed it was meant for rolls from there and would work, but I'll test for the heck of it tomorrow on a roll made there without parameters. I'll also try for a roll named on the sheet that isn't using parameters as well to see if it will pull a name from there in case it was the parameters that prevented it from working for some reason.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Thread Information