DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by benightedfae View Post
    You have stats, which you try to roll under to succeed. These checks use d%
    You have skills, which increase the number of your stat (thereby increasing your chance of success). The skills come in three tiers: trained (10% bonus), expert (15% bonus), master (20% bonus)
    Various items can add percentages to checks.
    Is there an infinite number of variables then that can affect your roll? Is there a limit to the number of items you can use to effect your roll? is it possible you could have

/mothership 1d100#(stat+skill+weapon+biogloves+exoskeleton+amp hetamines+skittles)

There is advantage and disadvantage just like in dnd5e - roll twice. For advantage keep your lowest, for disadvantage keep your highest.
    This is further exacerbated in that you could roll 15 and 33 and while 15 is lower, 33 is better. This might be best handled by rolling twice.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Is there an infinite number of variables then that can affect your roll?
    I suppose that's possible. I'd personally like to let MoreCore handle that with the Parameters and References.

This is further exacerbated in that you could roll 15 and 33 and while 15 is lower, 33 is better. This might be best handled by rolling twice.
    That's true and i agree.

Blog Entries
    I suppose that's possible. I'd personally like to let MoreCore handle that with the Parameters and References.
    But I need to know so I know how to code it...

Sorry. I guess i was kind of "thinking out loud" which isn't very helpful in text.

At most i believe we'd have stacking: stat + skill bonus + tool item + stimulant item + situational bonus.

Hi there -

"because combat damage involves the target character making a special Toughness save against a dynamic Difficulty Class. Not to mention there's a complex wound track that'd need to be represented some way on the character sheet. I use a houseruled, simplification of that track though and have come to the conclusion that it might be possible to do it with just a series of standard numeric boxes that records an increasing (-) penalty; could even be manually entered."

The way to do this I think is to create the Defence roll on all sheets - NPC and PC. When an attack is successful the Target makes the Defence roll and store the value (manually) in Defence.
    You can then use /damagedr4 roll to reduce damage based on that.
    You would need to use some numeric slide for damage currently.

You could however do both of these with some coding.

The attacks field doesnt accept any thing other than the standard dice rolls - you cant use any MoreCore rolls in there.
    Without coding you will need to use the d0 method you currently use. You could certainly write a variation of the /damagedr4 roll if that one looks like it will work - and get it to "roll without any dice".
    Yes that helps a great deal and having now run an encounter, I can see my Attack and damage DC rolls referencing the target PC/NPC in the chat window and CT. That said, I now see I had some preconceptions of how the CT actually functions and was expecting something like the Savage Worlds CT. This seems much simpler; at least how it's functioned in my tests. I believe I'm still doing somethings wrong though, as I can only target PCs/NPCs by either drawing a targeting box around them or dropping a weapon Attack on their token from the PC's/NPC's Attacks box. I can't drag & drop the [target] icon in the CT entry to an enemy entry in the CT, or a token on the map?

I figured it might be easier if I attacked a blank character sheet I created for my campaign, with the combat steps circled & numbered. Unfortunately It's quite difficult to describe in words.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jiap8aw653nive/True20_Combat.png

The combat steps are as follows:

1. 1d20 + Attack Bonus Rolled
    2. Attack roll result compared against the target's Defense.
    3. If equal or higher than Defense, a Toughness save DC is determined based upon the weapon. For this weapon it's DC 16 on standard attack success, DC 19 (crit) if a natural 20 is rolled.
    4. A Toughness save is made against the weapon damage DC. If equal or higher no damage occurs.
    5. If the result is less than the damage DC, a damage box on the Damage Track is checked off based upon the degree to which the Toughness rolled under the DC: 1-4, 5-9, 10-14, 15+

My damage track differs from the True20 core rules, as the official track has 2 sets of horizontal tracks; 1 for non-lethal, 1 for lethal damage. The houserule I use, combines them into a single track with a "\" placed in a box when non-lethal occurs and "/" placed in one when it's lethal. There's also no limit to the number of checks that can be in the 1-4 & 5-9 damage bands in the core rules; each adding to an accumulating penalty. My houserule has a limit of -3, with damage overflowing rightward to the next group of checkboxes.

I'm not sure I want to go to trouble to code an extension that implements such a Damage Track. Since the 1st 2 groups of checkboxes only increase an accumulating penalty as they're checked off; they could probably just be a number box with a penalty of -1 to -3 entered manually. The other single checkboxes equate to conditions, that vary in the severity/degree to which they debilitate the target. Last checkbox is self explanatory and is only possible with lethal damage.

Anyhow, after doing some testing I'm not as concerned about attack rolls and damage DC generation. I'm still however struggling with the best way to implement something that can serve the function of the True20 True Damage Track. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

[Edit] BTW, how can one embed graphic files from a Dropbox share into the body of a reply here? I tried using the Insert Image button, but it didn't work. Failing that, I instead just linked a URL to the file.
    Last edited by damned; April 2nd, 2020 at 10:21.

Blog Entries
    Try creating 5 trackers
    Bruised min/max 0/3 (or reverse)
    Dazed min/max 0/3 (or reverse)
    Staggered min/max 0/1 (or reverse)
    Unconscious min/max 0/1 (or reverse)
    Dead min/max 0/1 (or reverse)

Try creating 5 trackers
    Bruised min/max 0/3 (or reverse)
    Dazed min/max 0/3 (or reverse)
    Staggered min/max 0/1 (or reverse)
    Unconscious min/max 0/1 (or reverse)
    Dead min/max 0/1 (or reverse)
    Many thanks for the suggestion. Such trackers would need to be created from code - that correct?

[Edit]BTW after more testing, all features of the CT are working. I can now see why creating attacks and there damage in the Attacks window is the preferred approach, as they're now accessible on a character's entry when the attack [sword] icon is pressed. Don't know why that wasn't working before, but for some reason it wasn't.
    Last edited by kronovan; April 2nd, 2020 at 16:53.

Blog Entries
    Kronovan
    In all Fantasy Grounds rulesets it is expected that players attack and do stuff from their Character Sheet. They have (usallly) only 1 character to manage.
    The GM is expected to do their thing from the Combat Tracker.

So NPCs add more stuff to the CT than Players do.

My recommendation is NOT to use Attacks.
    Rolls do everything (and far, far more) than Attacks do.
    And Rolls are accessible from clicking on the d6/roll icon in the CT.

When you create a Roll one of the options is to Enable Trackers - do that INSTEAD of filling out the rolls parameters and stuff.
    Set a Min/Max value, Set the direction Down or Reverse (Up) and click to set the icon it outputs to chat - probably Heart for these ones.

Damned,

I’ve got a question for ya if you don’t mind. I can drag dice rolls from chat to wounds. I’m the GM.

But my players are complaining they can’t. Is this normal?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qdwag View Post
    Damned,

I’ve got a question for ya if you don’t mind. I can drag dice rolls from chat to wounds. I’m the GM.

But my players are complaining they can’t. Is this normal?
    Standard Fantasy Grounds behavior.
    Players cannot change data on objects they dont own.

It requires OOB messaging which is code written to handle the specific situation.
    You need to use one of the Damage Rolls that I mentioned in this thread to someone else yesterday and the players need to target their enemies using FG targetting.

If you are playing Dungeon World then they should use the /damagedr roll which will reduce the damage inflicted by the value in defense.

If you check my video on creating Dungeon World in MoreCore you will see how to do it.

Thread Information