DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries
    Hi Engelmann remove the copy that is in your extensions folder. Remove any unpacked copies. Then rerun the FG Updater. That should fix you up.

Thanks. It worked fine.

Can someone point me at a MoreCore FGU extension that makes the CT Round counter into 2 fields like round and pass or turn and segment?

Thanks in advance.

I'm having an issue when I click the "chat" button from an entry in the character sheet (screenshot attached)

Screenshot 2022-02-07 163154.png

When I click this button, I get the following error:
    Code:
    [2/7/2022 2:23:18 PM] s'ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use resolveActor'
    [2/7/2022 2:23:18 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "common/scripts/morecore_rolls.lua"]:138: attempt to concatenate local 'sParams' (a nil value)
    Edit: It was user error. I didn't understand what goes in Dice String so the code was choking on the nonsense I was feeding it. I would recommend possibly having more helpful error messages though

Details: I'm in FGU, recently installed MoreCore via Forge. Updated today, trying to use it for the first time. I have neither the old ruleset from the forum post nor the old extension, only the ruleset from Forge. No other extensions are active in this campaign.
    Last edited by snakh; February 7th, 2022 at 21:59.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Snakh - one last check - please post your chat window straight after you load the MoreCore campaign so I can confirm versions.

I'm on version 1.63 (same as your screenshot). To replicate the behavior I was seeing, you can do the following steps:

1. Create a new roll either in a character sheet or in Rolls.
    2. In the roll's "Dice String" field, enter an invalid die string which doesn't begin with / (my original string was 3d6 but just about any invalid value should replicate)
    3. If you created it as a Roll object, drag it onto a character sheet
    4. Click the Chat icon next to it on the character sheet

That should allow you to see the behavior I described. Obviously that is not the intended way to use the sheet, and it was user error on my part. However, that seems like it's an easy enough error to make that it warrants error catching with helpful messaging, maybe in the chat.
    Last edited by snakh; February 8th, 2022 at 01:26.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for confirming.
    There is a lot of improved error handling that could be done in MoreCore its just time... There are so many legal commands in there I need to see what would be the best - I cant recall if every legal command should have a "/" in it - if so then that would be straight forward.

I think I may have know this at 1 time, but for the life of me I can't remember.
    Anyhow, what I'm wondering is if there's some syntax that will enable an attack box or CT roll to read the Target PC's/NPC's Defence and on a success report it as a Hit in the Chat window? Similar to the way other rulesets do. Despite all my attempts, I can only achieve a simple chat notification along the lines of; "Attacking PC/NPC vs Target PC/NPC." Whereas I'd ideally like something like: "Attacking PC/NPC vs Target PC/NPC. Successful Hit"

Thread Information