STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 329 First ... 9101112132161111 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    It is best to remove or rename the old one.
    If you have unpacked an earlier one to see how it works or make changes you will need to delete that one or rename it to something else as unpacked rulesets get used first.

Let me know what you are using it for.

I am trying to simply upgrade MoreCore, to use the new dice strings. I have not modified or duplicated the pak, so do I still need to delete my original? will I loose all the work on the current campaign if I do?
    And just a question do Fate dice work in MoreCore strings?
    Last edited by chadhill; December 22nd, 2016 at 05:53.

Blog Entries
    Hi chadhill,

FG compartmentalises lots of things.
    You have Rulesets (generally .pak files) containing all the smarts, Modules (generally .mod files) containing pre-prepared content like the Players Handbook or the Lost Mines of Phandelver, Extensions (generally .ext files) containing codes to tweak/modify/extend your ruleset and Campaigns containing all your game stuff - characters, story, notes, images etc etc.

Download MoreCore.pak and replace your existing file with the new one. That wont affect any of the other things.

Now... Ill rephrase
    What game or games are you running or trying to run with MoreCore?

Sorry, it is a custom game/campaign, I have several hundred definitions, rolls and Abilities, and I would hate to have to start over again. I can live without upgrading, but the "Saving throw" would save me a lot of redundant entries. And just out of curiosity how can I use the "-1, 0, +1"die in a string, or is it even possible?

Blog Entries
    Hi chadhill please always make backups of your campaign data. On launching FG click on the Folder Icon on the splash screen. Go to campaigns and zip the whole thing up or go into campaigns and zip up the campaign in question. Then move that zip onto your favourite cloud sync.

I am wary of updates that break data and so far Im pretty sure I have avoided that - even the MoreCore extension data has been able to still be used in MoreCore. There was a change in 1.34 that fixed a style definition for Rolls so there might be two different styles of Rolls you have saved but you probably wont notice the difference unless you go looking for it.

Anyways - your data is safe.
    If you want to be able to add a modifier to (most of) the rolls create a Roll like this:
    Name
    /mod +2
    You will see its Icon switches to a +/-
    You can click that modifier before making the roll and it should add the modifier value and also the modifier name to the roll. Many rolls support this. And those that do generally support stacking of multiple modifiers. Perfect for systems like PbtA.

Blog Entries
    Damned Basic Dungeon looks interesting ...
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Damned,

I would like to make one suggestion to morecore. The the second tab of the character sheet, you can not place custom dice rolls as you can on the first tab. Is thrre a way to add that feature?

Regards!

Blog Entries
    Hi ShotGun Jolly no - I dont think there is - not easily anyway. Can you describe your use case?

Hey Damned,

Its pretty simple actually.. The issue being on the more core tab of the character sheet, you only have the option of adding dice to a roll using the dice strings for your various systems. For example, in the Conan 2d20 ruleset, you have the option to use extra dice in a roll, but there is no other way to change the dice roll on the morecore tab unless you change the dice string each time. (Unless there is a way that I could not figure out).

If adding the ability to add extra dice like you could via the skills/attribute page, then you can set it for a default of 2 d20, and then right click to add extra dice. Cause as cool as it is to use the /conan dice string, to show the successes, but if there is not an easy way of adding extra dice, you are better off using the second page of the character sheet, which kinda sucks as most of the important dice info and stat info is on the morecore page, attacks, armor, etc.

Just something to thing about, thats all.

Thread Information