DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    I as far as I am aware I have not modified the Core.ruleset or Morecore in any way. (sorry about the precise wording there, but at my current level of skill I could have in advertently changed something I have tried using the saving throw roll on an version of Morecore without any extensions loaded and that appeared to give the same error.

I think we may have a misunderstanding of terms. The tab at the side of the title screen marked "rolls" currently has no entries. I have to create an entry by using the 'edit' followed by '+' . If I do this it appears on the list, and I can drag and drop from there. This newly created 'roll' sometimes appears to work properly and other times has an issue with ref fields.(this is new information discovered last night) Alternatively sometimes if I left click in one of the frames on the character sheet it will spontaneously create a new 'roll', and if I code this roll to use ref fields, it always seems to work correctly. However this 'new' roll does not appear in the 'rolls list' (even when the (all) filter is selected) The exact behavior seems to depend on whether I have used 'merge="join"' in the appropriate windowclass.

In an attempt to determine exactly what is happening I am going to do some experiments with Morecore without any extensions, and will report back to you. One possible cause of misunderstanding is that I don't know what the expected behaviour of the program is, so I could be assuming that something that happens is normal behaviour, whereas it is in reality a symptom of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi zarlor, Mursha,

Attachment 36079
    Something must have happened to your attachment. All it show is "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    Something must have happened to your attachment. All it show is "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Funny - cos I can see it - even in your quote.

blades-3dice.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    I as far as I am aware I have not modified the Core.ruleset or Morecore in any way. (sorry about the precise wording there, but at my current level of skill I could have in advertently changed something I have tried using the saving throw roll on an version of Morecore without any extensions loaded and that appeared to give the same error.

I think we may have a misunderstanding of terms. The tab at the side of the title screen marked "rolls" currently has no entries. I have to create an entry by using the 'edit' followed by '+' . If I do this it appears on the list, and I can drag and drop from there. This newly created 'roll' sometimes appears to work properly and other times has an issue with ref fields.(this is new information discovered last night) Alternatively sometimes if I left click in one of the frames on the character sheet it will spontaneously create a new 'roll', and if I code this roll to use ref fields, it always seems to work correctly. However this 'new' roll does not appear in the 'rolls list' (even when the (all) filter is selected) The exact behavior seems to depend on whether I have used 'merge="join"' in the appropriate windowclass.

In an attempt to determine exactly what is happening I am going to do some experiments with Morecore without any extensions, and will report back to you. One possible cause of misunderstanding is that I don't know what the expected behaviour of the program is, so I could be assuming that something that happens is normal behaviour, whereas it is in reality a symptom of the problem
    ok so here is the thing.
    the thing? maybe not - but it is a pretty big thing.

MoreCore is always being improved and sometimes their is a big jump.
    Rolls was a huge feature and having a Rolls library was fantastic for reusing and sharing rolls.
    Then Roll Parameters happened. They really bumped up the utility of Rolls in that if you changed one stat it could update a bunch of other rolls for you - awesome.
    But Roll parameters link to specific character sheets, not just to the specific entries on the character sheet but also to the actual sheet.
    So Rolls with parameters dont really work in the library.
    If your system uses parameters it is often better to create (one or more) pregens with all the rolls setup. You can import the pregen multiple times.
    Or better yet - take a look at the Low Fantasy Gaming or Trail of Cthulhu extensions where they populate all the rolls for you.

However - back to your issue.
    Im online for the next 90mins.
    If you want to connect to my table and show me whats happening - insane hook puny idol (FGC) or I can connect to yours and you can show me.

OK that clarifies some things, and I must admit I was thinking along the line of Pregenned blanks for characters to fill in, so that's not a real issue for me.

Unfortunately I was doing my testing on Morecore during your 90 min window, so I missed you there, but I have I think worked out some of the parameters of the problems.

First of all I purged all my copies of Morecore and did a fresh install of version 1.55. so there should be no issues of me having inadvertently corrupting something.

next I created a new campaign so that I had no hangovers from previous attempts that might muddy the water. Then I did some testing with Rolls, (see attachment) hope this helps, I have described the sequence of events in the description field of the individual rolls. Will talk to you later, NickT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Ok. I think the issue is you are creating rolls in a shared/common location - library - and trying to link character specific data to them.
    If you are using roll parameters (as most rolls today do) create them in the character. Link them in the character. When done - drag the character, in the Character selection window, to a blank spot and release and then you have a second copy to play with.

Hi LordRichtor

Try this:

/sthrow 3d6+(p1)<(p2)

It would mean that the Skill Ranking would be input the opposite way, eg a Novice would have a skill of 4 and an Expert would have -10
    Your Skill would look like below - you set your skill in p1 (changes as your character improves) and the difficulty in p2 (set it every roll as per GM guidance).

Attachment 35988
    I was always told Algebra would pay off some day, and I just refused to listen. As long as I stared at the math in that formula, and I never saw that (or would have). This solution is perfect and most certainly maintains the complete spirit of the rules. Thank you for your ingenuity, and more importantly your time on this! I will send you some examples of the finished product.

Funny - cos I can see it - even in your quote.

blades-3dice.jpg
    Odd, worked that time and looks great!
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRichtor View Post
    I was always told Algebra would pay off some day, and I just refused to listen.
    I read somewhere recently -

"All through school I would ask my match teachers when I would ever need this stuff - not one of them ever told me I would need to know it to teach it to my children during the plague."

Thread Information