FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    ianmward spent many hours - several dozen - on a card sharing/playing system and it still doesnt work right. Its not simple...
    Hope then, that maybe with new Unity engine, it will make easier to handle those cards. I see that in the future more games might add action or adventure cards or even use those instead of dice like Faith RPG.

It won’t be.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    MoreCore v1.51 has been uploaded.
    Contains fixes for the Gumshoe systems, plus new rolls for Exalted (thanks SmileyMan), Dr Who and Legend of the Five Rings.
    Contains other minor tweaks.
    See first post for download link.

damned, just wanted to give you a shout for working on this. I'm incredibly impressed with your efforts and grateful for them. Thank you.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza0Tyr View Post
    damned, just wanted to give you a shout for working on this. I'm incredibly impressed with your efforts and grateful for them. Thank you.
    Hola Ramza0Tyr!

Just a quick note that the Champions killing attack damage roll doesn't calculate properly. Currently, it's calculating the roll as if it was counting BODY damage from a normal attack. The dice results should be added for BODY damage, with the extra d6-1 used as a multiplier for STUN damage.

For example, /ckill 4d6 resulting in a 1, 3, 4, and 6, with a 4 on the multiplier die, should result in 14 BODY and 42 STUN; currently, it produces 4 BODY and 12 STUN.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rnadams2 View Post
    Just a quick note that the Champions killing attack damage roll doesn't calculate properly. Currently, it's calculating the roll as if it was counting BODY damage from a normal attack. The dice results should be added for BODY damage, with the extra d6-1 used as a multiplier for STUN damage.

For example, /ckill 4d6 resulting in a 1, 3, 4, and 6, with a 4 on the multiplier die, should result in 14 BODY and 42 STUN; currently, it produces 4 BODY and 12 STUN.
    Very possible.
    I received much conflicting advice on the correct rolls.
    I stopped working on them as another community member was building a kickarse extension that included the improved rolls and combat tracker and more. Unfortunately real life has snafu'd him away and he's not been back.
    If at least one other person corroborates the roll Ill adjust.

I am not sure what else is in the pipeline for MoreCore, but what i personally would find very useful is a way to put somewhat more complex equations into a roll.

So at the moment you can roll (p1)d6+(p3)

Ideally, you would be able to roll ((p1)-(p2))d6+(p3) or whatever.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I am not sure what else is in the pipeline for MoreCore, but what i personally would find very useful is a way to put somewhat more complex equations into a roll.

So at the moment you can roll (p1)d6+(p3)

Ideally, you would be able to roll ((p1)-(p2))d6+(p3) or whatever.
    Yes this is something that would increase its flexibility.
    Coding the logic to handle that into all the rolls would be very time consuming however - multiple hours per roll and there are over a hundred roll scripts.
    The approach Ive been mulling over is having another section or roll type that would allow you to build basic math strings using the variable value and then the results of these could be dragged into your rolls.
    But I have not yet resolved how to do that yet.
    It will likely break a bunch of extensions again.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Yes this is something that would increase its flexibility.
    Coding the logic to handle that into all the rolls would be very time consuming however - multiple hours per roll and there are over a hundred roll scripts.
    The approach Ive been mulling over is having another section or roll type that would allow you to build basic math strings using the variable value and then the results of these could be dragged into your rolls.
    But I have not yet resolved how to do that yet.
    It will likely break a bunch of extensions again.
    I assumed that it might be problematic, but we can but hope!

Keep up the good work

Thread Information