DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    What do NPC sheets look like?
    Not sure there's an official NPC sheet. They are generally an abbreviated version of the player's CS. I've attached a sheet I found on the web (The Rancor Pit) as an example.
    NPC sheet2.jpg

What stats do they have? If an intelligent NPC they use the same type of stats a PC has (see the image above). Non-intelligent creatures have only Dexterity, Perception and Strength attributes. Some creatures have skills, such as brawling, climbing/jumping or swimming. Creatures use their Strength or brawling skill to hit in combat, as well as their Strength to determine damage. (Some crea*tures have claws or teeth which can do extra damage; they’re listed under “Special Abilities.”)

What stats do they roll? Depends on the situation but generally the same types that PC's roll (Dexterity or Blaster id improved, etc). Non-intelligent creatures use Dexterity, Perception and Strength.

How exactly does combat work?
    Each round has two phases:
    1. Initiative
    2. Roll Actions

When both phases are finished, the next round begins. Rounds continue as long as you think they’re necessary — often until the end of a battle.

1. Initiative
    The character with the highest Perception on each side rolls that attribute (Wild Die counts, but Character Points and Force Points can't be used for initiative). The character who gets the highest roll gets to decide whether his side acts first or last in that round. (Reroll in the event of a tie.) (Sometimes it makes sense to act last — by letting the other side go first, you can react to their actions.).

2. Roll Actions
    The first side acts now. The character with the highest Perception goes first. The player tells you how many actions he’s making this round and you assign the multi*ple actions penalty. Then, the player rolls his character’s first action. Acting in Perception order (highest to lowest), every player tells you how many actions his character is making and rolls his first action. For each action taken beyond the first, the player must subtract 1D from all skill or attribute rolls (but not damage, damage resistance, or initiative rolls). Thus, trying to
    do four actions in one round gives the character a −3D modifier to each roll.
    What info would you include in the CT?
    Hmm. The obvious would be the correct Initiative order. Secondly, something that helps indicate the individuals (pc/npc) Injury status (Stunned, Wounded (x1 or x2), Incapacitated, Mortally Wounded, Killed). After that I'm not sure. The difficulty will be determined by the GM for each attack, which will change between the individuals and their actions...so I see no way to track that. The usual link to the NPC sheet.
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 16th, 2019 at 19:59.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Wow, that looks great! You've captured the Attributes and Skills perfectly

The only thing that doesn't fit is the Combat tile which was my original issue with using MoreCore for the d6 CS. It would need to show any Injured status, not a straight up health number. You could alter the titles to Stunned, Wounded, Wounded 2, Incapacitated, Mortally Wounded (doubt you need Killed). Then each block could be "Checked" to keep track of Injury status. I have no idea how difficult that alteration would be on your programming end.
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 16th, 2019 at 20:13.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Blog Entries
    Initiative: When you order each side by Perception - is that by 3d1 vs 3d vs 2d2 or is that 8 (3d1) vs 12 (3d) vs 9 (2d2)?
    Roll Actions: That is a major change on the programming...
    What are all the possible inputs to making a roll please?

Initiative: When you order each side by Perception - is that by 3d1 vs 3d vs 2d2 or is that 8 (3d1) vs 12 (3d) vs 9 (2d2)? It would be 3d1 vs 3d vs 2d2

Roll Actions: That is a major change on the programming...
    thought so...
    What are all the possible inputs to making a roll please?
    Are you referring to the Attribute/Skill roll vs the Difficulty? That's the basis for all d6 task rolls. There are situations where a "#D6" (+/-) modifier might be needed for the roll based on what the GM decides is applicable for the situation.
    Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with the system to come up with all the inputs for a task roll that may come up in game play. But having the ability to add a #D6 should get the job done.
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 17th, 2019 at 01:56.

Blog Entries
    So far you have introduced the following that can change the roll on the fly -
    Character Points (extra dice)
    Force Points (extra dice)
    and now I can choose to make more actions (lose dice)
    I can have a combination of these things.
    The fact some add and some subtract also makes it harder.

This has a significant effect on programming stuff out.

I cant just use modifiers to adjust the dice pool because the rolls can already have modifiers eg 3D2

I have spent many hours on this already.
    I cant continue until I know what I need to program otherwise I end up writing code and then having to rewrite it and sometimes in a completely different way.

Blog Entries
    So far you have introduced the following that can change the roll on the fly -
    Character Points (extra dice)
    Force Points (extra dice)
    and now I can choose to make more actions (lose dice)
    I can have a combination of these things.
    The fact some add and some subtract also makes it harder.

This has a significant effect on programming stuff out.

I cant just use modifiers to adjust the dice pool because the rolls can already have modifiers eg 3D2

I have spent many hours on this already.
    I cant continue until I know what I need to program otherwise I end up writing code and then having to rewrite it and sometimes in a completely different way.
    Im wrong - there is also Wounds that impact the number of Dice rolled.

I appreciate the effort you've put into this. I admit it's far more than I expected. Would it be easier if the dice we're put into the dice pool box instead of trying to automate every combination? The d6 system is a dice pool anyways. Or is this something you've already considered? Negative dice can be done manually after the initial roll if needed. To be honest I was more concerned with being able to track injury status than anything else. It's one of those things that can easily get confused during game play. If you need to move on from d6 I really appreciate the effort and time you've put into it.
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 17th, 2019 at 10:27.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meliath1742 View Post
    I appreciate the effort you've put into this. I admit it's far more than I expected. Would it be easier if the dice we're put into the dice pool box instead of trying to automate every combination? The d6 system is a dice pool anyways. Or is this something you've already considered? Negative dice can be done manually after the initial roll if needed. To be honest I was more concerned with being able to track injury status than anything else. It's one of those things that can easily get confused during game play. If you need to move on from d6 I really appreciate the effort and time you've put into it.
    It would and wouldnt be easier using the dice pool...
    Adding dice from multiple sources is perfectly handled by the dice pool - you can even tell the dicepool to roll the dice with the weg roll type so long as you add 1 and only 1d6 and the rest of the dice are 1d1006

/pooltype weg
    /pool 1d6
    /pool 1d1006

but the pool does not allow you to reduce the number of dice in the pool...

Well, I think the dice pool will get it done just fine. Any negative die (if needed) can be rolled manually and subtracted from the first roll. Not a big deal. I'll take another look at the CS and see if I can figure out a way to manually track Injury status, perhaps typing it into the Description area. Are you making the CS you created available?

Thread Information