STAR TREK 2d20
    Is there a way to use another supported math library that could be plugged in?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Is there a way to use another supported math library that could be plugged in?
    Its not a match issue. Lua handles math fine.
    The Dice Strings are Parsed and they must fit the expected format for that Roll.
    If you start adding multiple values and math in then the Roll breaks or you have to significantly increase the Parse logic - for every single Roll.
    I can probably build something like the Roll Parameters and have [#](operator)[#] [result] and the [#] accept links to other fields and the [result] being draggable into other Roll parameters.
    But I also need to put it on the Char sheet - thats fine - but adding another new section will mean that a lot of the more advanced MoreCore Ruleset extensions will break and will require updating which imposes time commitments on other people as well.

damned,

Is it possible to leave the current coding for the dice strings alone and add a new "thing" (maybe call it "dice operations") that you build in the more flexible way (?) you describe above? Then the old extensions could keep on going just fine with the old "dice strings". If people want to update to use the new "dice operations" they can do so while other users keep using the old extensions (with their "dice strings").

Perhaps it isn't possible or is much harder than just replacing the dice strings?

Anyway, just thinking out loud here... love what Morecore has become.

Thanks.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

WEG D6 Issues

Trying to setup a Star Wars d6 game. I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong with the WEG die roller. The Wild Die doesn't appear to be functioning as advertised. It doesn't explode or cancel other die as needed. And other die are exploding when they shouldn't. I've included some images to show what I'm seeing.

explosion with blunder roll.PNG
    no blunder result roll.PNG
    no explosion roll.PNG
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 1st, 2019 at 17:53.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meliath1742 View Post
    WEG D6 Issues

Trying to setup a Star Wars d6 game. I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong with the WEG die roller. The Wild Die doesn't appear to be functioning as advertised. It doesn't explode or cancel other die as needed. And other die are exploding when they shouldn't. I've included some images to show what I'm seeing.

explosion with blunder roll.PNG
    no blunder result roll.PNG
    no explosion roll.PNG
    I dont know what this cancel die is that you talk about.
    based on your screenshots the black wild die is exploding and the red ones are not which is as far as I know how it should work....

Turn on Roll Parameters and setup your roll as
    /weg 1d6+(p1)d1006+(p2)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I dont know what this cancel die is that you talk about.
    based on your screenshots the black wild die is exploding and the red ones are not which is as far as I know how it should work....

Turn on Roll Parameters and setup your roll as
    /weg 1d6+(p1)d1006+(p2)
    The wild die function was added in the second edition of the d6 rules from what I've read. So, as I understand the d6 rules today, anytime the wild die (colored red) is a six, it's rolled again and added to the total...and so on as long as it comes up a six. Anytime the wild die comes up as a 1 (on the first roll of the dice), you subtract (cancel) it and the highest die rolled with the attempt. Also, only the wild die can explode (thus the term wild die).

FYI: You probably know that Valarian created a basic d6 ruleset for Star Wars a while back. It's die roller seems to work correctly but doesn't actually show a colored Wild Die during the roll. It just notifies you of either a critical success (explosion) or critical failure which I can only assume is a 1 on the WD. His ruleset provides a character sheet which works pretty well considering the unique way d6 tracks a characters health. I was trying to use MoreCore because of its flexibility. Valarian's d6 is pretty basic when it comes to bells and whistles. You may want to ping Valarian to verify I'm understanding the d6 rules correctly.
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 2nd, 2019 at 01:28.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Blog Entries
    In this implementation the red dice are the normal dice and the black dice is the wild dice.
    The 1d6 refers to a singular wild dice.
    You can use /d2006, /d3006, /d4006 for the standard dice for other colours if you dont like the red dice.

I could ping Valarian... but I have no time to go learning rules for systems Ill never use. I reply on the people requesting dice rolls to give me the right info when I build them. If the info is wrong with an implementation I need at least two people to confirm and clarify the correct rules...

In this implementation the red dice are the normal dice and the black dice is the wild dice.
    The 1d6 refers to a singular wild dice.
    You can use /d2006, /d3006, /d4006 for the standard dice for other colours if you dont like the red dice.

I could ping Valarian... but I have no time to go learning rules for systems Ill never use. I reply on the people requesting dice rolls to give me the right info when I build them. If the info is wrong with an implementation I need at least two people to confirm and clarify the correct rules...
    Understood. Wasn't aware the black dice were the WD. Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries
    If you do setup a character please export and share your character for others to use as a guide.
    If you can see obvious improvements to the roll please share them - such as chat message output, reporting on the wild die, etc

If you do setup a character please export and share your character for others to use as a guide.
    If you can see obvious improvements to the roll please share them - such as chat message output, reporting on the wild die, etc
    Thanks. The only change I would ask is that the Wild Die be made the red color. This makes the Wild Die very distinctive, sticks out. The remaining die can be any standard color (black).

As far as a character sheet, I'm beginning to think this may be a "bridge too far" and not worth the effort. Figuring out how to handle the damage a character takes is tricky since it's not a standard "hit points" type of stat. When a character gets hit it can cause various stages of damage (i.e. Stunned, Wounded, Wounded Twice, Incapacitated, Mortally Wounded, Killed). It's decided by an opposed roll. The difference between the Attackers Damage roll and the Target's Strength roll determines what severity of damage is incurred. These various stages apply negative modifiers. I'm thinking this can't be automated but like Valarian's character sheet I need to figure out a way of tracking the status. Sooo, I think I'll try use Valarian's cs and tweak it as I can.

Update: I took another look at Valarian's d6 Star Wars ruleset. It appears to have been written for an early version of FG and isn't very user friendly. I sent him a PM to see if it's possible to update it or possibly make it usable with MoreCore. I feel like I'm between a rock and hard place for the Weg d6 ruleset. No easy direction.
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 2nd, 2019 at 18:19.

Thread Information