FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Resistance Rolls, which instead of a text result would be a Value. That Value would be the equivalent to the same roll you've already done except the output would be the equation [6 - highest-roll]. Or more specifically if the person creates a sheet with a variable called "Stress" (I have no idea where they may be tracking that, but call it C4 for now), it would be [C4 + (6 - highest-roll)] (it increases your Stress level, if you will). Except in the case of where you have "Critical Success" where the value would then become [C4 - 1] (where it decreases your stress level, you lucky dog). All of the other rules for the roll you already made otherwise apply (so if the modifiers reduced the number of dice to 0 or less it is the "unskilled" 2d6 roll taking the lowest of the two dice with no need to check for a Critical Success since it is not allowed in that instance.) If the person working on the sheet for this doesn't want to track Stress that way for some reason then the output would simply need to be either the [6 - highest-roll] result as "Gain x Stress", or for a Critical Success as "Reduce Stress by 1".
    So confirming (ill use c5 for various reasons) the resistance roll will output the same graphical dice and will output
    Your Stress is increased by (6-highest result with exception for unskilled)
    - or -
    Your stress is reduced by 1.

and it will adjust c5 by the same value?

Thanks for the descriptions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Attack Roll:

/attack 1d2006+1d6+(p1)+(a)+(b)>TN

The two different D6's are used so one will explode only if both roll a 6.

Parameter (p1) is manually entered and is the level of the skill used for the type of attack - Small Arms, Support Weapons, Melee Weapons, etc.

Ref Field (a) is linked to the primary attribute modifier for the skill being used. This is taken from the Stats block on the front MoreCore tab.

Ref Field (b) is linked to the secondary attribute modifier (if required) for the skill being used. This is taken from the Stats block on the front MoreCore tab.

The Target Number (TN) is dependent on the complexity skill being used. Simple Basic is 7 (such as Small Arms), Simple Advanced is 8 (such as Martial Arts).

Damage Roll

/btdamage 2d6

The 2d6 determines the hit location on the target.

Parameter (p1) is manually filled in with the weapons Damage Value.

Parameter (p2) is manually filled in with the weapons Damage Type. For this, 1 = Melee, 2 = Ballistic, 3 = Energy, 4 = Explosive

Parameter (p2) is manually filled in with the weapons Penetration (AP) Value.
    Many thanks. Ill add this with caveat I have renamed the attack to /atkatow

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    ok, I was able to get the ActionManager.getTargeting is now working.
    I had to delete the character from the combat tracker and re-add the character, making sure it had a token and name. if it didn't have those it still didn't work.
    No rolling of dice happens, but I'm getting the targeting information before the roll happens.
    It looks like the targeting is now working. There must have been a disconnect between the combat tracker and the character that was causing the issue.
    I must have done something to break it at some point and didn't notice.
    Thanks, and sorry.
    I have had stuff like that happen to me - very frustrating.

Is there a way to ignore targets? There are actions, like spell drain that do not care about targets, and so should only show once.
    I can think of a couple of ways to do it, but thought I would ask if there was a way that already exists.

Blog Entries
    Im not sure what you mean?
    Dont include targeting actions in your roll.
    Or are you wanting to drop a target based on some condition?

I want to exclude all targeting in some rolls. I'm guessing there is something somewhere that excludes targeting that I'm not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its still unclear what you mean.
    Most rolls ignore targeting.
    Ah, then there is most definitely something I am missing because it seems all of the rolls I've seen so far seem to use targeting.
    The code I have is using ActionManager.performAction(draginfo, rActor, rRoll) and they seem to give me multiple results when I have 2 or more targets selected.

Blog Entries
    I still dont understand what you are trying to do?
    If the player has multiple targets selected there is a reason for that.
    If they shouldnt be targeted then the player should fix that?

have a look at manager_custom_ubiquity.lua as an example.

function onLanded(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)
    is present but the rTarget data is not used.

Well, in this case, or at least with shadowrun a player may target multiple targets to do an attack with an area affect spell, say fireball.
    They cast that spell and roll 1 set of dice for all targets. Each target then resists the damage from the spell.
    The character then has to resist drain from the casting of the spell. I was thinking I could have them do this without having to clear targets.

Thread Information