FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 51 of 329 First ... 41495051525361101151 ... Last
    Hi, is there a way for the GM to manually set the Order for the players from the combat tracker?
    Right now i have to go to each character's sheet, wich is annoying if used as a tool for a live session (they can't drag it on their own)

I'm fairly sure it is "Control-Mousewheel" to adjust the number or simply type in the number.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    I'm fairly sure it is "Control-Mousewheel" to adjust the number or simply type in the number.
    Typing it in the CT doesn't work. Haven't tried with the wheel since i'm using a trackpad. Typing works as a gm for the other columns but not for the order

Yeah, looks like the link for order to the character sheet is one-way. Ctrl-Mousewheel doesn't work either. Damned will have to fix this.

Can anyone else confirm that the /rollunder dice script is broken? It fires off a script error now when you try to execute.
    Character background is what happens between levels one and six.

-- Gary Gygax

Quote Originally Posted by Wargamer777 View Post
    Can anyone else confirm that the /rollunder dice script is broken? It fires off a script error now when you try to execute.
    Yes it's broken.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Wargamer777 View Post
    I'm going to have a look at fixing this for Damned (with his permission).

EDIT: Disregard the below, I added two new dice handlers: rollundersmod and rollunderdmod, where the modifier box adjusts the success level or number of dice rolled

So, let me just confirm the required functionality for modifiers. Should the modifier add/remove successes from the end result, or should it add/remove dice from the roll?

We have two places where we can add modifiers:
    1) The dice string itself: /rollunder #d#x#[+-]# In use you'd only use the modifier to add/remove successes as you'd add/remove dice in the initial #d#.
    2) The modifier box under the chat window. As the original dice string controls number of dice and the number of success modifications, this would be the main one to consider - should it modify total successes or number of dice rolled?

So, how should modifiers work? Add/remove dice from the roll, or add/remove successes?

Some feedback would be appreciated as I'm not familiar with the systems people are using this for. If it needs additional roll types then I'm happy to do that to cover eventualities.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 9th, 2017 at 18:10.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

v1.40 released - download available in post #1.

• Bugfix for rollunder.
    • Added rollundersmod and rollunderdmod, where the modifier box adjusts the success level or number of dice rolled, respectively. Added (Target = #) to result report.
    • rollunder: modifier box adjusts the success level target. Added (Target = #) to result report.
    • edies: modifier box adjusts the success level target.
    • GM can now edit the "Order" field in the Combat Tracker.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 9th, 2017 at 18:05.

Quote Originally Posted by badula View Post
    Hi, is there a way for the GM to manually set the Order for the players from the combat tracker?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    Any chance of the /edies #d#x# (roll #dice and explode, count results above # as successes)

to use the modifier box like the wod dice do does for difficulty modifier

use Modifier box for additional Difficulty modification
    Update to v1.40

Not really sure if this is the best place to drop this but I am using MoreCore and the dice mechanics.

Playing around with the Ubiquity rpg (Leagues of Adventure). As it doesn't have it's own ruleset, I thought I'd give MoreCore a try. The addition of the rolls is great and once I understood how it works, I think it will work with Ubiquity really well.

The point of my post, is that I started using the /successes roll (as ubiquity is a dice pool game) but found the successes were not in the result but in the text; meaning they could not be dragged and dropped to the combat tracker (was also difficult to not look at the result rather than the smaller "successes=n" but that might just be me.

This is no a big thing with ubiquity, although it would be cool to have a feature that presented the success in the result rather than the die total.

I did find a perfectly good workaround for any one who may be interested. As ubiquity is a binary dice pool AND I can roll a D2 in MoreCore, then:

/die nd2-n will give you the successes in the result (n is the same value), for example:

/die 4d2-4
    /die 2d2-2

Very simple, number of die = the number of the modifier. Maybe one of the other roll options would work and I have just missed it.

Joe B

Thread Information