DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 35 of 44 First ... 253334353637 ... Last

@iiivsion,

Great extension. A nice way to turn "off" the auto fill if a game prefers that.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Hey Paul,
    Been a while was wondering if you had an ETA on the ruleset? Really looking forward to it.
    So much so I was going to parody the all I want for xmas song to be about this ruleset.
    Like always appreciate your work on this and thank you.

It is fairly close, the issue is work. It has me assigned away from home atm. I should be going home in the next month, then I can get back at it. Sorry, been silent due to the assignment.

Life sometimes takes over, very understandable.

Thanks for the information.

Looking forward to it when it does come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    It is fairly close, the issue is work. It has me assigned away from home atm. I should be going home in the next month, then I can get back at it. Sorry, been silent due to the assignment.
    Take your time friend
    Happy holidays and stay safe war is not over...
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Hi - I'm an old WFRP 2ed player (since it came out and 1ed before that) and I must say you have done an absolutely amazing job Paul. I can't even imagine the time you put into this - thank you so much.

Thanks to the whole corona situation with lock-downs etc. my group are looking into converting into VTT to keep it going and this looks like the right place. I am a little curious though as it seems like all of us have to build all the content ourselves this being a community ruleset and all and licensing rights and so on. But this seems to me to be a massive amount of work and ALL of us have to do that?? I mean there is loads of content from all the extra source books that came out for 2ed - and all the campaigns? How are you guys coping with that - any good strategies on how to overcome this workload as easy as possible (with 3 kids I'm not exactly flush with time! ). If I am going to convert our campaign half-way through the Thousand Thrones with content, campaign specific content, maps and all I won't be done until we can meet in person again - but seriously any tips and tricks on this part is really appreciated, feels like I'm missing something.

Thanks again Paul - I'm completely stunned at the work you've put into this! I've been through the whole of this thread and it actually answered most of the questions I had, and also offered some nice tricks on effects and the like, so maybe in your first post recommend newbies like me to trawl through all of it before asking for help? I can see you spend half of your time answering the same questions

Quote Originally Posted by gormoraptor View Post
    I am a little curious though as it seems like all of us have to build all the content ourselves this being a community ruleset and all and licensing rights and so on. But this seems to me to be a massive amount of work and ALL of us have to do that?? I mean there is loads of content from all the extra source books that came out for 2ed - and all the campaigns? How are you guys coping with that - any good strategies on how to overcome this workload as easy as possible (with 3 kids I'm not exactly flush with time! ). If I am going to convert our campaign half-way through the Thousand Thrones with content, campaign specific content, maps and all I won't be done until we can meet in person again - but seriously any tips and tricks on this part is really appreciated, feels like I'm missing something.
    Data entry. Lots and lots of data entry. I have all the books, so I've just spent my time converting it by hand manually into the ruleset. Mainly Old World Armory and parts of the bestiary. They are not to be shared due to copyright. My advice is don't seek to copy everything. Just the essentials. WFRP has a rather small weapon list and equipment list that is useful. I think I did nearly the entirety of the OWA in about a week, with 2-3 hours spent just copying data for personal use in my games. All the other source books and stuff don't really need to be put in, and they are on hand should I require them.

At the bare minimum you want weapons+essential equipment, and any talents/spells you want. It can be a lot of work to prep your games to that level, but it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xydonus View Post
    Data entry. Lots and lots of data entry. I have all the books, so I've just spent my time converting it by hand manually into the ruleset. Mainly Old World Armory and parts of the bestiary. They are not to be shared due to copyright. My advice is don't seek to copy everything. Just the essentials. WFRP has a rather small weapon list and equipment list that is useful. I think I did nearly the entirety of the OWA in about a week, with 2-3 hours spent just copying data for personal use in my games. All the other source books and stuff don't really need to be put in, and they are on hand should I require them.

At the bare minimum you want weapons+essential equipment, and any talents/spells you want. It can be a lot of work to prep your games to that level, but it is worth it.
    I guess is just the hard way then. I'll have to build it up bit by bit as I have the need. You do it in FGU or outside in a module (XML?) and import it?
    And how about maps? Is there enough value in buying the map-packs and hoping something in there fits accurately enough to the campaign or could I find most of the same on the internet and import it - is it the same quality?

I can build a lot of what I need with map assets, it is limited in that some of the assets don't have good small pieces to link the rooms, and for you to flush out your room or cave builds. This being said I have a number of packs but there is much more out there, some one with the art sub would be able to talk more in detail. The pieces having LOS built in is handy. The paint part is good, takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, it is really nice; I want to point out it is a bit buggy, some of the images don't seem to work in the paint feature entirely or if you rotate them they wont paint.

You can find many maps and images to use from the internet that would be sufficient, considering you said you have a busy schedule. I would suggest getting practiced with tool, a little bit, it will help with building on the fly maps. The map tool is always being improved upon and getting better. You could try the art sub for a month it supposedly gives you access to all the packs Smite Works is offering while you are paying the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojosta View Post
    I can build a lot of what I need with map assets, it is limited in that some of the assets don't have good small pieces to link the rooms, and for you to flush out your room or cave builds. This being said I have a number of packs but there is much more out there, some one with the art sub would be able to talk more in detail. The pieces having LOS built in is handy. The paint part is good, takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, it is really nice; I want to point out it is a bit buggy, some of the images don't seem to work in the paint feature entirely or if you rotate them they wont paint.

You can find many maps and images to use from the internet that would be sufficient, considering you said you have a busy schedule. I would suggest getting practiced with tool, a little bit, it will help with building on the fly maps. The map tool is always being improved upon and getting better. You could try the art sub for a month it supposedly gives you access to all the packs Smite Works is offering while you are paying the sub.
    thanks for input. I will take a look at it!

Thread Information