DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 26 of 44 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last

New .pak posted. Added feature to drop weapons onto NPC's while in the CT. They can be dropped by opening the NPC sheet and dropping to the weapon or inventory list. Weapons can also be added directly to the NPC entry in the CT. There is a new sword icon for offense. Toggle to display the weapon list. This can be filtered.

To filter, expand the weapon and check the CT Wpn checkbox. Then under the sword icon in the NPC CT entry, click it and only the weapons checked CT Wpn will display.
    CT Wpn.png
    CT Wpn 2.png
    CT Wpn 3.png

Thanks again Paul for all your work with this rule-set. I've been prepping for The Enemy Within and without your work I know it would have been an uphill battle
    "Time is an illusion...lunch time doubly so."

Hi guys,

In the beginning I wanted to say I am quite fresh user of FG, but went through a lot of tutorials already. The reason I have picked FG was this ruleset. Went through entire forum and checked also tutorial for WH40k Multiset but I am still struggling with talents and items - is there any way to create, let`s say - useable items (healing potions) in the Items library, so I could just drag it to the player with all the effects applied already? Same question for talent library section.

For Player Character, yes you can. For instance a PC with a talent that confers a +10 to the Magical Sense skill, could make a Persistent Effect for that. On the Talent Tab there is a section Talent/Ability Effects. Click the button in the upper right and add and effect row. To continue with the example, typing this into the text area would work for that talent:
    Persistent; SKILL: 10 magical sense

Set the effect to Self and All, with a 0 duration. Whenever that PC is dropped into the combat tracker, that effect will be added to the PC. You can cover most abilities and talents by using this area.

For the heal potion, on the Trappings Tab, under Useable Gear, again create a slot. Name it Heal Potion and expand the entry using the greyed out down arrow just next to the shortcut on the far right of the entry. Once expanded you will see entries for damage, heal, and effect line. Since this is a heal potion, say it cures 1d8 wounds. Next to heal in the text area type 1d8. Notice in the effect area it says List Effect here, you can backspace that out if there is no effect. Next to the name entry Heal Potion you will see a "red cross" button appear. Clicking that will roll a heal roll for that player's target. So, remember to have them target themselves if they use it on themselves, or drag that button and drop it on the intended target. that works too.

With this area you can make most magic effects and gear with effects by using targeted and persistent effects.

Hope that helps. Any other questions let me know, I will try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerasiel View Post
    Hi guys,

In the beginning I wanted to say I am quite fresh user of FG, but went through a lot of tutorials already. The reason I have picked FG was this ruleset. Went through entire forum and checked also tutorial for WH40k Multiset but I am still struggling with talents and items - is there any way to create, let`s say - useable items (healing potions) in the Items library, so I could just drag it to the player with all the effects applied already? Same question for talent library section.
    Just like Paul showed and this is how I do the Healing Draught, as it heals a straight 4 wounds, no dice roll range:

wfrp 2e heal draught.JPG

There might be another way too
    "Time is an illusion...lunch time doubly so."

Can Slaughter Margin (from Old World Beastiary) be added to the Npc sheet? and if so, could you then filter the list by that to make GMs job easier?
    Seems it would be helpful but not critical either.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

I can add this on the notes tab of the NPC. Let me see about getting that put in there when 3.3.9 goes live.

New .pak file in first post with updates for FG 3.3.9

Just wanna say, I really appreciate all the work you've put into this ruleset. It's really well done and I'm looking forward to running many adventures using it.

I do have a couple of questions though!

- When creating a Talent, there's two fields. The second one is pretty obviously the description. What's the purpose of the first field, (labeled "Test" in the screenshot)?
    - Also, when dragging a Talent over to the character sheet, it inserts a blank line and includes the formatting tags. I understand building up all the right regex's might be asking too much, but is it possible to remove the initial blank line in an update?
    - When creating or viewing a skill, there's a "reaction" field. It's entirely possible, (even likely), that I just missed "reactions" in the rulebook, but what is that field for?

Again, thanks so much!

WFRP2E Talents Problem.PNG

@Brent

The talents "test" field is solely for house rule use. It's a field that was requested long ago.

I know about the formatting tags and the extra line. I have never found a fix for it. I work on that almost every time I head back into the ruleset for maintenance.

Reaction field is for Parry and Dodge Blow. In 40k and WHFRP they are called out a bit differently. I didn't change the method here, but basically wanted a way on the combat tab to have a filtered list of skills such as Parry and Dodge for players. No tabbing back and forth.
    The only real use for it in WHFRP is if Dodge Blow is acquired as a skill, type "Yes" into the reaction field of the skill window and it will appear on the combat tab for easy reference for the player during a combat.

My players knowing this have added other skills they might use in combat for a quick way to make rolls.

Thread Information