DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Save "Abilities" items to a mod file in vanilla CoreRPG?

I am working on a write-up for playing Tunnels and Trolls, using just CoreRPG, with no coding or extensions. I have run into just one snag, and that is saving spells, which I have added under the "Abilities" tab on the character sheet.

I know that they can be dropped into a "carrier" character, and exported, but that's more of a hack, and is sub-optimal for a tutorial. And, I could probably code up a xml file to put in a mod, but I don't plan on distributing actual game IP. This is a "roll your own" thing. And I am not going to spend the time and energy to explain how to edit xml files.

And, just to mention it, I did make the spells "items", but they would not open with their text, after being dragged to the Abilities tab on the character sheet.

Everything else works just fine, and there is no special mechanics that the spells need. Any ideas? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Welcome jeffepp these are only created in the one charsheet so there is no central place to export them from. you would need to change this functionality considerably to make this happen.
    MoreCore for 3.2.0 will be out soon and has some export features for its own version of abilities which would probably work for you...

So basically, a no. That's what I figured. I am working on the premise that my audience is not technically capable of, or interested in doing the complex editing and such involved in going beyond the basis operations of FG. If they are, there are plenty of great info posts here to cover that.

Much of what I'm covering is what to copy, and where to paste it. How to use this, to do it the T&T way, etc.

When I get a little more done, I will post the early drafts here, for you guys to look at.

Blog Entries
    Hi jeffepp MoreCore adds a few new features to CoreRPG including some new dice strings and the ability to roll these from the char sheet and to export them to modules and drag and drop them.
    It'll go up in a day or three... give it a whirl - it might do a good chunk of what you are wanting to do.

Oh, I don't have any problem using MoreCore, and I have it (well, the old version) already. What I want is to make the tutorial without extensions, or complex editing. Some of the folks I am aiming this for may be less technically sophisticated than others. The goal is to keep things simple. I'm taking a lot of screen shots, and going step by step.

I don't plan on distributing any files with any ones game content, except for what I make myself. Rather, I want to show how folks how to add things from the book (or wherever) themselves. I'm working on the third part, which covers adding items to the campaign. The new update looks like it will add a few steps to the tutorial, though not bad over all. And, having a carrier character file isn't that bad of a solution, given that importing and exporting character templates are part of the setup. It just strikes me as less than optimal.

Thread Information