5E Character Create Playlist
Page 10 of 37 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    OMG Campaign stuff is now searchable! This is great!

Also, awesome addition of random encounters. Although it's too bad the published adventure encounters weren't updated to use this feature. I hope any future adventure modules have the random encounters already set-up.

Blog Entries
    I will say I really like the update process not taking ~ 8 minutes now. I just updated my main computer an hour or so ago and just saw what might have been a hotfix to the 5e DMG/MM/PHB and it powered through in under a minute.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    rob2e,
    The limited view of tabs is not that different than the previous version, since you could only see about 5-6 tabs before having to expand the window to see more. In fact, the additional tabs weren't even accessible at all without expanding in the previous version.

You can drag the link to change the group that a record is assigned to from either the list or the individual record, and drop on the group you want it to belong in. It works very similar to a folder paradigm, and that's where we want to go long term. This is just the first step down that transition.

The group window was deliberately limited in size, so that you could still have room to display the records list as well. If we make more room for the groups, then there is less room for the records. Since people will be navigating records much more than groups, it was a tradeoff. I will look at whether we can make it a little more dynamic with the height of the list window. It's not something built into the FG client, so it will require some extra coding.

poobah_1,
    You can share these spells with the players by dragging the link onto the chat window to make them public. This is just the first step in making spells a more full-fledged record type that can be managed and shared by GMs, and eventually placed into modules.

benjihad,
    It's a bug, but it shouldn't hurt anything. While you can edit the text of the classes and races, it does not change the mechanical aspects of those races and classes, so you wouldn't be able to create custom races or classes like this. Custom races and classes will still require a new custom module, made from Par5E or by directly editing XML. This is why the list is set up to not allow creation of new records.

markdowney,
    I'm seeing scroll bars on my version (at least if there are enough groups to warrant scroll bars). See attached picture. Can you show me what you are seeing?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Here is my items page, note that I have every extension turned off.

This may be something that is screwed up in this campaign, but I have no idea what. When I open the 5E sample campaign I do not have this problem.
    Last edited by markdowney; November 2nd, 2016 at 19:32. Reason: Fixed image link

I hope someone considers doing a quick video going over the new features.

Alright so this is like relearning a brand new tool. How do I assign story entries to a specific group? anyone?

Ultimate Licenholder

It was fairly easy. Drag and drop to the "group" you want to put it into.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    It was fairly easy. Drag and drop to the "group" you want to put it into.

/H
    Ty..would of never figured that out

Ultimate Licenholder

Just pushed hot fix for child categories not appearing always in modules with any changed records.

markdowney,
    I think the issue is actually a client issue addressed in the hot fix I just pushed. Can you try again?

Thanks,
    JPG

UPDATE: After Moon Wizards update, groups will now be available for selection. Problem solved - but I still liked the previous selection better. With the colored icons in different colors and symbol styles I had a very fast way to distinguish modules. Now it's not so fast to click...

I cannot post pictures (as some can) to this thread, however with V3.2.0 I can just group by 'some' groups, not all. That is, I found only the groups (all) and (none) to be selectable, even if purchased and own created modules were opened in the library.
    This lead to group all containing a dozen paged of entries, which are not sortable. Selecting individual tabs was much easier in the past, IMHO.
    Last edited by Targas; November 2nd, 2016 at 22:08.

Blog Entries
    JPG your last push a bit ago killed FG on my end. Permissions look normal but I can't run the client at all now.
    Attachments are disabled in this thread so, I'm getting a Windows System Error dialog which says:
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Thread Information