STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Release v3.2 is live

Fantasy Grounds v3.2 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release includes:

• [CoreRPG+] Manual dice roll option added, and can be configured per user.
    • [CoreRPG+] Redesign of campaign record list interface.
    • [CoreRPG+] Sidebar campaign record buttons can be turned on/off in Library.
    • [CoreRPG+] Story templates to generate story records from tables.
    • [CoreRPG+] Random encounters to generate encounter records from dice expressions.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Auto-equip armor and weapons when added to PC.
    • ...Many other minor features and fixes...

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here.

Here is a link to the video walkthrough for newcomers to the thread:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhYLoo1uoc

Cheers,
    DAD

Edited by: Moon Wizard
    Last edited by ddavison; November 3rd, 2016 at 22:18.

Blog Entries
    Thanks DAD! (Couldn't resist *g*)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Woo hoo!

As an FYI to others: Norton blocked my updater - I had to allow it. If you see "ERROR: GetProducts..." in the updater window check that your security/AV application hasn't blocked the FG UpdaterEngine.exe.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Reminder to all: EXTENSIONS!

There is a good chance that a lot of extensions will not be 100% compatible with v3.2.0 - unless they specifically say so. Some may even break functionality/cause errors.

Be aware of this if you encounter issues after updating to v3.2.0 - check all of your extensions for compatibility updates.

If you have issues think about removing some incompatible extensions to identify what is causing the issue, then post in the relevant extension's thread - not in the v3.2.0 thread!

I'll be running slowly through all of my extensions later today and updating to be v3.2.0 compatible. Note that some are no longer needed as the functionality is included in v3.2.0 (GM PC Ownership, for example).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    It will be interesting to see how well the server fares during the update. So far, so good and we are staying at close to 2% utilization.

Blog Entries
    Big fan of the new layout already - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Woo hoo!

As an FYI to others: Norton blocked my updater - I had to allow it. If you see "ERROR: GetProducts..." in the updater window check that your security/AV application hasn't blocked the FG UpdaterEngine.exe.
    Mine too.
    Ultimate License
    Time Zone: MST (GMT-7)

I submitted to Symantec's whitelist service this morning, so hopefully this should resolve in the next couple days.

JPG

Blog Entries
    Moon Wizard (JPG) deserves the majority of the credit here for the ruleset updates, but we had tremendous help from a huge team of community developers since it touched almost every major product and product line.

Special thanks to our community devs and to those who helped provide testing and feedback:
    Lokiare, Zeus, Zacchaeus, PhantomWhale, Doswelk, Trenloe, Ikael, Dulux-Oz, Damned, viresanimi, callahan09, darrenan, spite, JohnD, chumbly, Paul Pratt, Blackfoot, Mortar, El Condoro, ianmward, LordEntrails, Willot, Nickademus, Erin Righ, Stx11, adonndel, dberkompas, Talyn, yako2020, Skellan, Mask_of_winter, Maspalio, GunnarGreybeard, rob2e, corepatt, kylania, Valarian, Andraax, MarianDz, Meliath1742, WansumBeats, BOOT KNIFE, chillman0122, Brynnan, drvolk, poobah_1, Oberoten, Dr0W, Phystus, 7H3LaughingMan, deff, gqwebb

I'm sure there are some that I'm missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Fantasy Grounds v3.2 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.
    Thanks for the news! Updating right now.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Dammit, I just finished updating and all of my campaign stopped working.. it loads a few errors and that's it, no buttons, no icons, only chat and dice are there... no characters, no maps, no miniatures, nothing else.. the rightmost bar (various "notes, PCs, etc) is completely empty. Tried loading 4 of my campaigns, only the demo 5e adventure seems to work :/

Thread Information